Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nandes

Sep 2, 2019
Yes! I thought that there were consequences for drug use..but I quickly learned that's not the case when I had my sim throw a party and use cocaine and speed the entire time. It'd be interesting to see more consequences.
EXACTLY! I for one am looking forward to turbo doing an std add on just to add some depth, but I think in general the game just doesn’t add enough consequence to the game play. I wonder how much is limited by the mechanics of the game itself. Also like you I’m interested in getting into modding myself for my own enjoyment and I found the creators section on the mccc discord pretty useful

rev22x20

Apr 19, 2018
From Discord:

Nathan10/18/2019

I understand I just have a lot of sims smoking outside my control and idk about how I'll manage their habits

Basemental10/18/2019

Yeah, that won’t happen for NPC’s NAthan

Only for Sims you are actively playing. And you need to smoke quite a lot to run that risk in the first place
Thanks for actually giving me the answer I was looking for without being unnecessarily rude and "edgy".
Since I don't have the autonomy on for this mod, I suppose this whole lung cancer thing won't be an issue.

Aug 9, 2018
Yes! I thought that there were consequences for drug use..but I quickly learned that's not the case when I had my sim throw a party and use cocaine and speed the entire time. It'd be interesting to see more consequences.
Actually there is. Found a bloody spot in my strip club earlier and went checking and a sim had a miscarriage from her drinking and coke and weed use.

Reactions: maldo

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
Is anyone else having outfits for occupations like scientist, massage therapist, mixologist, etc. being random? Like it may be CC or a vanilla outfit like the yeti costume. I'm trying to find the culprit causing it and wondering if WW may be the cause?

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
Went looking at WW, Basemental and Slice of Life settings. Slice of Life provides Basemental mod the drunk debuff. When you look at the features from Basemental mod the only "negative" prior to the introduction of Cancer would be "OD'ing" with "fatal OD'ings being "less common", "puking from being drunk" and "juicaholic". (and fatal ODs can be eliminated entirely if your Sims are immortal).

It's Wicked Whims that uses Basemental Mod to trigger the miscarriages from drug use. Basemental mod does not promote that their mod gives miscarriages from drug use on it's own. That is an important distinction. This feature can be turned off in WickedWhims.

Hope that clarifies things for those that believe that Basemental mod had miscarriages. That is a WickedWhims feature.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
I think Basemental and Turbodriver suffer from "Patreon Syndrome." Basically doing the bare minimum to keep the cash flowing, and adding useless junk to the mod that would have been better as a different mod. Both mods are way bloated. I dumped BM months ago because it became more like a job than a mod. When it stops being fun, then out it goes.
He keeps adding what people do not want. I have made peace with him never adding heroin (maybe he has connections real life issues with it), but at least add meth.
Yes i think they are just icing the cake a lot with some of these add on to there mod for the monthly or weekly profit.

I do not like the sickness that happens in real life invading my fantasy either, and I never downloaded the violence mayhem what ever mod because of what it had in it. A personal preference.

As I am playing in a fantasy world, I personally would prefer to have sex even rough sex to be just a thing there. However I understand many people love bad thing's happening, and some like seeing death. Good thing I guess is if its not optional I can just remove it. and I probably will in that case. That I guess is the good thing in a fantasy game being able to remove things you do not like, and add things you do.

HeliosPirate

Dec 6, 2017
HUMM... so yall are using probably Extreme Violence mod by Sacrificial and all where you can kill your sims in horrific ways possible and you are NOT shocked but when a modder add cancer that can kill your sims because they smoke.. yall CANT handle it ?... oh wow, humans Logic 1.O.1
sorry I don’t use crappy mods and Sacrifical mods are full of dirty scripts and bad looking animations, so it’s one of them.

revolutionz

Oct 12, 2019
Hi guys.

When i try to downbload on SFS my connection is so bad i've 55Ko/s It's not normal when i download on an other site i've 15Mo/s so if anyone have a solution please.

Thank you. =)
i have been dealing with the same problem from last couple of days i usually get 1 mbps download rate but now its 50 kbps why?

Reactions: PanX

kaprol88

Sep 23, 2017
While WW has some unwanted features (like periods) they can be turned off! The biggest problem with the new cancer part is you can't turn it off. :unsure:
If someone had real family members dealing with cancer, watching a sim during chemo (or dying from cancer) would be a little bit ... unsettling. :confused:
Just make the feature optional (which means you can turn it off in settings) and it's good.
This is why I don't really like Nisa's Wicked perversions. I only want the hooker part, not the egg-laying abominations or the rape slaves :mad:

Last edited:

nihil_ist

Dec 11, 2017
I had the same problem with NisaK mod (now I removed it for other reasons) simply opening up the mod in S4S and changing the traits type from personality to gameplay stops the random assignation of the traits to the townies, so that part can be ignored all together.

Reactions: theaterlover124

mcvelic

Nov 12, 2017
Pals, don't be hypocrites. You don't complain when you drug your sims to death (for overdose), but when the creator decides to add a consequence for smoking now does bother you.
If you don't like cancer in the sims, then don't download it, it's that easy.

A brother died of overdose, and a grandfather I never met died of lung cancer. However, I understand that the creator wants to add consequences because that is, no more, no less.

HeliosPirate

Dec 6, 2017
Pals, don't be hypocrites. You don't complain when you drug your sims to death (for overdose), but when the creator decides to add a consequence for smoking now does bother you.
If you don't like cancer in the sims, then don't download it, it's that easy.

A brother died of overdose, and a grandfather I never met died of lung cancer. However, I understand that the creator wants to add consequences because that is, no more, no less.
If I stand correctly, there is a lot of difference between the implementation of overdose and lung cancer.

Your sims have to take drugs with little waiting time between them in order to have an overdose.

Lung cancer? You can have it just smoking randomly. The chance is probably low, but it's there, and you can't remove the feature.

I don't care about what is wrong, it's just a game. What I don't like is, I don't want my sim to lose his hair just because he tried to smoke 1 cig in his simlife.

There were already annoying consequences about smoking, it was the annoying loss of time when smoking you can't even ignore, because of the bad moodlet and autonomy use when your sim is addicted.

tbh there is almost 0 positive use from smoking cigs in the Sims right now since the "good moodlet" buff is not worth the risk at all. It's just bad design and bad implementation I have to uninstall it asap.

mcvelic

Nov 12, 2017
If I stand correctly, there is a lot of difference between the implementation of overdose and lung cancer.

Your sims have to take drugs with little waiting time between them in order to have an overdose.

Lung cancer? You can have it just smoking randomly. The chance is probably low, but it's there, and you can't remove the feature.

I don't care about what is wrong, it's just a game. What I don't like is, I don't want my sim to lose his hair just because he tried to smoke 1 cig in his simlife.

There were already annoying consequences about smoking, it was the annoying loss of time when smoking you can't even ignore, because of the bad moodlet and autonomy use when your sim is addicted.

tbh there is almost 0 positive use from smoking cigs in the Sims right now since the "good moodlet" buff is not worth the risk at all. It's just bad design and bad implementation I have to uninstall it asap.
So if you don't like the feature, don't download it or wait for an update from the creator to make it optional. It's that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes