Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
You being on a pirate site makes me doubt your a Patreon if so this is just entitled and this guy's comment your responding to kind of proves some people do like it if you payed money I can understand the sentiment but it's his mod in the end he owns the rights and can decide what he wants to add
You're right, I can sell Ice cream that taste like shit litterally. May not sell much of it, but hey..

Reactions: hmorphone

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
You being on a pirate site makes me doubt your a Patreon if so this is just entitled and this guy's comment your responding to kind of proves some people do like it if you payed money I can understand the sentiment but it's his mod in the end he owns the rights and can decide what he wants to add
Ironically, he doesn't own the rights. EA does....

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
Is Sallure top mesh, BB bottom combo the best for default body or maybe there's something new when it comes to default female bodies?

nihil_ist

Dec 11, 2017
I got a lot of problems with Bills( it crushed all my save file. When I go out of houshold to active career or somewhere else I return to empty household with absolutely no sim in it. Have no any idea what's the problem...
So I decided to remove it from my game.
Same here.

• Wow
Reactions: taylor.taylor

traplover19

Formerly 'lowtierntrgod'
Nov 4, 2018
Ironically, he doesn't own the rights. EA does....
Depends his custom assets and script's (basically anything not by ea) wouldn't fall under copyright law and thus he owns the right default meshes from the game is indeed owned by ea this is a wildly debated legal topic in modding but this is the legality works as far as I know

nihil_ist

Dec 11, 2017
Depends his custom assets and script's (basically anything not by ea) wouldn't fall under copyright law and thus he owns the right default meshes from the game is indeed owned by ea this is a wildly debated legal topic in modding but this is the legality works as far as I know
He owns nothing. the moment you start working a mod in TS4 you agree with the fact that all your work belongs to EA and tomorrow they can take it, and use it, without compensation or ask for permission. It's written in the license.

traplover19

Formerly 'lowtierntrgod'
Nov 4, 2018
He owns nothing. the moment you start working a mod in TS4 you agree with the fact that all your work belongs to EA and tomorrow they can take it, and use it, without compensation or ask for permission. It's written in the license.
ah dint know that like many people here i dint buy the game(and thus never read said tos) thats kind of backwards considering other games such as bethesda do allow you to own your own copyrighted work

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
No he doesn't own the rights. Not even close. And should EA want to, they can sue him for making money off of their intellectual property however because they want to encourage modders (so they can rip them off down the road), they state that essentially you have 3 to 4 weeks to make everything public. Again you seem to miss the point, if you have a list of suggestions from your patreon or potential customers of things that you're going to implement into your program, be it a mod, to a software to anything in between and you go off into left field and do what you want that goes against to what the mod/software/product is, you will lose customers and get complaints, simple as that. And if you persist long enough in your stubborn ways of going against the wishes of the customer, you go out of business.

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
ah dint know that like many people here i dint buy the game(and thus never read said tos) thats kind of backwards considering other games such as bethesda do allow you to own your own copyrighted work
Again you be incorrect. Bethesda does NOT allow you to own your own copyrighted work.

Q: I've seen multiple mods on this site that use well known copyright material - so it must be OK right?

A: The simple answer is no. The Bethesda ToS etc provide legal protections to Bethesda in relation to this material (provided they act appropriately to reports of copyright breaching material) - they don't protect the uploader or the downloaders legally. A copyright holder has quite a long window of time to exercise their legal rights related to defending the copyright - they may simply not be aware of the breach, have not yet decided how to approach it, or are waiting until there are enough downloads to 'make a point' by seeking legal claims against the downloaders. Unless the copyright holder has given explicit prior permission to use the material in a Fallout 4 (or Skyrim or whatever game) mod specifically there is a risk they will view it as a breach of their legal rights.

nandes

Sep 2, 2019
I beg y’all move on. EA does not care that he’s making money off their product, a bunch of adult modders are existing perfectly fine in discord servers with actual gurus and they don’t care. Y’all aren’t even paying him so why does it matter to you what he puts in his mod or if he goes out of business for it? If you want input on his mod why don’t you pay him and speak to him directly. I know we’re all in this pirating thread but the entitlement is getting ridiculous you aren’t forced to use this mod and it’s not like he’s going against the wishes of his paying customers especially since according to other posts people voted for this feature. It’s done, it’s happening can’t do much about it except not use the mod if you’re so against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes