Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
How does EA rip modders off? Is there a story I'm not aware of? Or something? I've seen the Guru's praise modders, there's that shout out to Wicked Whims in that DLC, they even tell them about change in code, but has EA stolen a mesh or something?

I saw someone on the Sims reddit, (who buys all the DLC but hates the game and I know them because of that LOL) who was saying something similar about EA "Borrowing" Hairstyles from modders, trying to imply they were stealing or something, but they provided no proof.
Perhaps the point is a bit overstated, but EA does take unfair advantage of modders (and customers). One way they do this is by simply claiming a license in perpetuity to anything that is made for use with the game. So, if they do use a mesh or anything else not created in house, (which I'm sure they have) their EULA covers their ass. No modder can sue EA for reparations because they agree to the EULA simply by creating an item for the game. Not to mention, EA is extremely slow on the trigger when it comes to fixes simply because the modding community tends to step up and fix things before they do. Nice to have a community they can take advantage of. It's no surprise that they seem to release half baked games and expansions. Why not? Especially when they get fixed for free.

• Angry
Reactions: Cmann

Wendi226

Sep 13, 2019
does anyone have a link to MandiJSims (Origin ID) from the sims gallery? I have the tampermonkey and violentmonkey extensions but still can't seem to get to her sims. Keeps telling me there's nothing. She's got a sim called travis that i want.

zazzy1234557

Oct 8, 2019
Perhaps the point is a bit overstated, but EA does take unfair advantage of modders (and customers). One way they do this is by simply claiming a license in perpetuity to anything that is made for use with the game. So, if they do use a mesh or anything else not created in house, (which I'm sure they have) their EULA covers their ass. No modder can sue EA for reparations because they agree to the EULA simply by creating an item for the game. Not to mention, EA is extremely slow on the trigger when it comes to fixes simply because the modding community tends to step up and fix things before they do. Nice to have a community they can take advantage of. It's no surprise that they seem to release half baked games and expansions. Why not? Especially when they get fixed for free.
I was thinking that people had proof of them taking code or meshes from Modders, not just "I think they may have done that", I hope people DO know they don't really own things they mod into games, shit we don't even own the games we buy truly anyway.
I thought that maybe something had happened where they'd taken an Mesh or mod and added it to the game and it was proven, or something.

Last edited:

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
I was thinking that people had proof of them taking code or meshes from Modders, not just "I think they may have done that", I hope people DO know they don't really own things they mod into games, shit we don't even own the games we buy truly anyway.
I thought that maybe something had happened where they'd taken an Mesh or mod and added it to the game and it was proven, or something.
This is the price we pay to pay so to speak. Even if you could prove they did it, it wouldn't matter. Best to just ignore the bullshit and carry on. Not a whole lot any of us can do to change it except for not buying it in the first place. But then there are hundreds if not thousands of others who could care less. We're just a speck amongst millions I'm afraid.

• Angry
Reactions: Cmann and hmorphone

MC Johnsson

Jun 28, 2017
Lupo update: "Spite the End" series, MF + M/F (as a dead person) for coffins.
Normal:
Modded:
Thanks Buddy. Nice to see yourself and others still actively helping on here. I've been out for months and still using Game Version 1.50.67.1020. Man I got hours of updating to do lol.

Reactions: Arthurjob and _Fin_

frankstallone

Jul 27, 2019
does anyone have a link to MandiJSims (Origin ID) from the sims gallery? I have the tampermonkey and violentmonkey extensions but still can't seem to get to her sims. Keeps telling me there's nothing. She's got a sim called travis that i want.
All their gallery sims use heavy amounts off CC. Very specific CC, it looks like. They will not look like they do on the gallery unless you have the CC files on your computer.

Gallery items with CC usually don't show up on the web gallery. You need a legit copy of the game to browse gallery uploads with cc.

I don't know if this will help you, but... here you go. Travis Scott from MandiJSims

Last edited:

PanX

Mar 26, 2019
Hi guys.

I wanted to know why when i enter in POV my head do a 360 i can't stay in POV my head do some strange thing it's boring if anyone have the solution please thank you. =)

Wendi226

Sep 13, 2019
All their gallery sims use heavy amounts off CC. Very specific CC, it looks like. They will not look like they do on the gallery unless you have the CC files on your computer.

Gallery items with CC usually don't show up on the web gallery. You need a legit copy of the game to browse gallery uploads with cc.

I don't know if this will help you, but... here you go. Travis Scott from MandiJSims
I downloaded all the cc that she had linked fro her tumblr, but I can fix him up with other cc. Thanks so much, this site is amazing.

Reactions: hmorphone

thuylinh613

Sep 8, 2019
No idea if this works or not - just looked it up. Apparently for Sims 3 you could type in the cheat code “Englishspeakingsim” without the quotation marks. The cheat code is one word with no spaces. Press the “Enter” key on your keyboard. Now your Sims will be speaking English.

You may also find this useful - simlish to english translations (scroll to bottom for list of words and what they mean in english)

However after my search, not finding anything in which you can either change simlish to english (or any other language).
Thank you for your help <3 I really appreciate it. Wish you have a nice weekend.

Reactions: GhostCanuck

traplover19

Nov 4, 2018
then they gave these dumb ass excuses like island living saying that vacation homes wasn't possible when there are two mods that do exactly that

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes