Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IsaRisa

Oct 1, 2018
This is for those who are having issues with the current SNB Bills mod resetting and what not. I have found that LittleMsSams Random Small Mods-Season's file- RMS lowerdThermostatCostsOnBills is the culprit that is causing the conflict for me. After taking that file out of the folder I have no more issue with snb bills.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Depends his custom assets and script's (basically anything not by ea) wouldn't fall under copyright law and thus he owns the right default meshes from the game is indeed owned by ea this is a wildly debated legal topic in modding but this is the legality works as far as I know
Taken directly from EA's EULA:
Your Contributions.In exchange for use of the Software, and to the extent that your contributions through use of the Software give rise to any copyright interest, you hereby grant EA an exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, fully transferable and sub-licensable worldwide right and license to use your contributions in any way and for any purpose in connection with the Software and related goods and services including the rights to reproduce, copy, adapt, modify, perform, display, publish, broadcast, transmit, or otherwise communicate to the public by any means whether now known or unknown and distribute your contributions without any further notice or compensation to you of any kind for the whole duration of protection granted to intellectual property rights by applicable laws and international conventions. You hereby waive any moral rights of paternity, publication, reputation, or attribution with respect to EA’s and other players’ use and enjoyment of such assets in connection with the Software and related goods and services under applicable law. The license grant to EA, and the above waiver of any applicable moral rights, survives any termination of this License.

As I said, he doesn't own anything that he makes as it applies to sims 4. Simply by making the mod for SIms 4, you relinquish your rights to EA as a condition of use.. Not so hard to understand.

In the event you'd like to peruse the document, here's the link:

Last edited:

revolutionz

Oct 12, 2019
u r! But I do not want to formalize this properly, sorry .. I also added a dildo set in arhive, if someone needs it.
do u also have exclusive penis designs otto and roland one and the dispenser. If you have please share? thankyou

Reactions: AdamOAdam

TiŊaSŊow

Sep 28, 2019
This is for those who are having issues with the current SNB Bills mod resetting and what not. I have found that LittleMsSams Random Small Mods-Season's file- RMS lowerdThermostatCostsOnBills is the culprit that is causing the conflict for me. After taking that file out of the folder I have no more issue with snb bills.
I wondered if that was the issue but never took it out. I will try it out when I restart my game. Thank you!

Reactions: aynasm

brab123

Nov 22, 2018
suddenly some of the female sims have disgustingly big, giant asses, anyone know what can cause this? Removed every slider and bodymod but it still stays like that.

Edit : a package named B.C-butt caused the ballon effect

Last edited:

DrunkDragon

Donor
May 26, 2018
suddenly some of the female sims have disgustingly big, giant asses, anyone know what can cause this? Removed every slider and bodymod but it still stays like that.

Edit : a package named B.C-butt caused the ballon effect
What? Got something against big butts?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

brab123

Nov 22, 2018

is there any mod like this that works with the current game version?

zazzy1234557

Oct 8, 2019
No he doesn't own the rights. Not even close. And should EA want to, they can sue him for making money off of their intellectual property however because they want to encourage modders (so they can rip them off down the road), they state that essentially you have 3 to 4 weeks to make everything public. Again you seem to miss the point, if you have a list of suggestions from your patreon or potential customers of things that you're going to implement into your program, be it a mod, to a software to anything in between and you go off into left field and do what you want that goes against to what the mod/software/product is, you will lose customers and get complaints, simple as that. And if you persist long enough in your stubborn ways of going against the wishes of the customer, you go out of business.
How does EA rip modders off? Is there a story I'm not aware of? Or something? I've seen the Guru's praise modders, there's that shout out to Wicked Whims in that DLC, they even tell them about change in code, but has EA stolen a mesh or something?

I saw someone on the Sims reddit, (who buys all the DLC but hates the game and I know them because of that LOL) who was saying something similar about EA "Borrowing" Hairstyles from modders, trying to imply they were stealing or something, but they provided no proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes