Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

barbaraluv26

Dec 11, 2018
I already know I'm going to hate Discover University.

-No new Traits
-No new Aspirations
-Sim semesters last only 5 short sim days (can't set the length of semesters like the Sims 3)
-ALL classes are RABBIT HOLES (How is it even possible to REGRESS from the Sims 3 that had a handful of active classes given the fact it's an open world where rabbit holes made much more sense to not crash the game from it's already bloated engine? HOW?)
-Still no form of settings to set different events happening at the same time. (Get an annoying pop up saying to hang out/study/go on a date while showering, cooking/eating or doing basic mundane activities on campus? Well cancel it and just continue to live your sims 4 life as a hermit not leaving the dorms)
-And many other things that I'm sure lilsimsie/lgr/plumbella will notice once they get the game.

I'm just over The Sims 4. We need a worthy competition to this franchise since EA really does not give a fuck anymore and are now charging GP at EP prices. Can the modders who are going to have a field day making that pack playable for many, start a revolt and come together and make their own game? Because at this point they are more passionate about this dying franchise than the Sim gurus who live streamed DU like they didn't want to be there and have never played The Sims since Sims 2. I'm just really sad that the sims has come to this where I'm more angry at the fact they no longer listen to many of what the majority of sims players want.

TeamHopeMikaelson

Oct 6, 2019
I already know I'm going to hate Discover University.

-No new Traits
-No new Aspirations
-Sim semesters last only 5 short sim days (can't set the length of semesters like the Sims 3)
-ALL classes are RABBIT HOLES (How is it even possible to REGRESS from the Sims 3 that had a handful of active classes given the fact it's an open world where rabbit holes made much more sense to not crash the game from it's already bloated engine? HOW?)
-Still no form of settings to set different events happening at the same time. (Get an annoying pop up saying to hang out/study/go on a date while showering, cooking/eating or doing basic mundane activities on campus? Well cancel it and just continue to live your sims 4 life as a hermit not leaving the dorms)
-And many other things that I'm sure lilsimsie/lgr/plumbella will notice once they get the game.

I'm just over The Sims 4. We need a worthy competition to this franchise since EA really does not give a fuck anymore and are now charging GP at EP prices. Can the modders who are going to have a field day making that pack playable for many, start a revolt and come together and make their own game? Because at this point they are more passionate about this dying franchise than the Sim gurus who live streamed DU like they didn't want to be there and have never played The Sims since Sims 2. I'm just really sad that the sims has come to this where I'm more angry at the fact they no longer listen to many of what the majority of sims players want.
There will be 3 new careers though. There might be a new aspiration, Academic. There will be new skills. New lot traits. There is a lot that might be introduced from what I have seen. Still better than lots of other packs we have got.

Reactions: MatomiB

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
There will be 3 new careers though. There might be a new aspiration, Academic. There will be new skills. New lot traits. There is a lot that might be introduced from what I have seen. Still better than lots of other packs we have got.
Not for nothing, but that hardly sounds encouraging. EA has dumbed down the Sims franchise so much that we look forward to the mundane. Sad it's come to this. I know you're trying to be optimistic, and I respect that. But EA doesn't deserve it. We deserve much better than the mess they made of the Sims.

Wendi226

Sep 13, 2019
anyone know which adfly skipper will work on ceesty.com my ad links skipper, skip shorte.st and adfly skipper won't pass it. The pages just go to a verification page and keeps refreshing but won't pass it.

Urizen

May 28, 2018
anyone know which adfly skipper will work on ceesty.com my ad links skipper, skip shorte.st and adfly skipper won't pass it. The pages just go to a verification page and keeps refreshing but won't pass it.
Use

If it doesn't have the domain you're having trouble with, it has an option to add custom bypasses.

Herringbine

May 8, 2018
I can't really complain much because I haven't paid for TS4 but damn I would kill to know what goes into the creative process and why the EPs are so lacking. It's not like they're drip-feeding it either, the packs just seem unfinished and never get picked back up. I could see EA not giving enough funding being a reason, but is it also general laziness since they have a monopoly on the market?

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
I can't really complain much because I haven't paid for TS4 but damn I would kill to know what goes into the creative process and why the EPs are so lacking. It's not like they're drip-feeding it either, the packs just seem unfinished and never get picked back up. I could see EA not giving enough funding being a reason, but is it also general laziness since they have a monopoly on the market?
EA's "creative process" is most likely focused on how to produce a product that suggests some modicum of creativity, while at the same time expending as few man hours as possible in order to maximize profit. I mean it's pretty obvious if you compare the feature sets of Sims 3 and Sims 4, that they've managed to take this to a whole new level. Much like their "surprise mechanics" in some other titles. Basically, they do as little as possible for the greatest return. Seems to me that's exactly what they do with every title they produce.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes