Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dalemonhead

Nov 30, 2017
Question (last one)
Re - Merged Files

Im considering merging a lot of my cc (clothing, that sort of thing) as I heard it improves load up performance and all that wonderful stuff - Question is, if I merge say, all my items from one creator and then down the road, I download and put a duplicate item in the mod folder, that is already in the merged file, will Wicked Whims Log show that I have a duplicate file? (asking so I know how to set up the merged files in the folder so clarification on this would be appreciated, ty)
AFAIK, WW will only tell you about duplicate animations. You can try using scumbumbo's Package Conflict Detector ( ), which works pretty well in my experience.

Reactions: Sammy Southpaw

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Question (last one)
Re - Merged Files

Im considering merging a lot of my cc (clothing, that sort of thing) as I heard it improves load up performance and all that wonderful stuff - Question is, if I merge say, all my items from one creator and then down the road, I download and put a duplicate item in the mod folder, that is already in the merged file, will Wicked Whims Log show that I have a duplicate file? (asking so I know how to set up the merged files in the folder so clarification on this would be appreciated, ty)
For CAS CC, Sims 4 Tray Importer will detect duplicate CC, and point to where it is located.

Wendi226

Sep 13, 2019
I used the techcreed upload from youtube channel to get it fast and quick (the same anadius)
I've got the exe file coming up as a virus, you sure its safe. Last time i kept it in my downloads I had to reinstall everything. I'm sticking with the one from sim it up which has never had that happen to me.

Aug 12, 2019
Question (last one)
Re - Merged Files

First I didn't see anyone answer your first question, NO, you can't use ts3 items in 4. People convert those files by making a new mesh that uses the art or whatever of the old one (I'm not a modder nor an artist I don't know the terms for it). The game can't read the files, because it's a completely different engine. Just don't do it. You can try to ask someone to convert it, but that's it. No mod to put it through, no way to just drop it in.

As for merged files. Organizing by creator is for the best. Always keep a backup of the files you merged, and together in folders by what goes into each package, so you can easily find anything you want to remove or need to backup. If you download anything new of theirs, add to the backup folder, and remerge the folder, deleting the file from what you had previously merged. Just stay organized and you'll be fine. Just keep track of what is where. Merging is always a good option, your mod folder only care about the number of items in it, not how big they are. Also, deleting any spaces or not letter/number/period characters also speeds it up, since it takes longer to read those symbols in file names than the others for some reason.

Reactions: GhostCanuck
Jan 4, 2019
Is there anyone who's game fails to load when they take the SimNationalBankBills mod out of their game? Cuz that's my problem and idk what to do.

Bienebee

Jul 22, 2018
What bathtub shower fix? I haven't seen a new version of S4S yet out?
no fix yet i am waiting for the S4S update i took all showers out and now many of merged packages and now im taking out shelves because it is still crashing i have been trying to find the problem for three days now

Bienebee

Jul 22, 2018
WW was right. I have objects with a lot of slots and when I removed the folder with "furniture" my save file succesfully loaded and I was able to load up lot. Now I have to clean up the folder from overslotted objects.
that is what i have to do . when i take my furniture folder out it loads once i put it in my game just crashes when i am trying to load my household

Reactions: aynasm

dalemonhead

Nov 30, 2017
For CAS CC, Sims 4 Tray Importer will detect duplicate CC, and point to where it is located.
Yes, I often use that too, but it's limited to showing it for stuff in your library. Package Conflict Detector will basically do the same thing (although the UI is a bit more primitive) for ALL types of packages, so you can see if two gameplay mods are modifying the same XML tuning resource, for example.

anonymoushoney

Nov 29, 2017
my issue with my wicked whims is that whenever I ask for woohoo they refuse but when I start solo the sim joins in and thats the only way I can get it to work. Is anyone else having this problem? I sent in a report for the bug considering after the update Turbo has his hands full.

trof1

Jun 3, 2018
WW was right. I have objects with a lot of slots and when I removed the folder with "furniture" my save file succesfully loaded and I was able to load up lot. Now I have to clean up the folder from overslotted objects.
Yeah, same here. Hopefully TS4Studio will have a batch fix up soon enough, I frankly don't cherish the thought of combing through my build object folder looking for the culprits, so I hope I'll just be able to run a batch fix and add them all back in a little while instead.

trof1

Jun 3, 2018
On the topic of university. And sorry in advance for asking this here, anyone know of a cheat or mod that allows for quick or instant enrollment in university, rather than having to wait a day or two? Kind of want to set up a save with a bunch of sims in university without alot of time having passed (or having to spend alot of time enrolling sims in a household in university and waiting several days for each one).

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
Naughty Sims Asylum is back up again
About that, I actually saw a link earlier back in the thread leading there for a simulation/autonomy lag fix. I tried signing up so I could get it, but my verification email isn't sending. I waited a full 15 minutes so I could try resending my verification email again, and it still has yet to come in. Is there any kind of solution to a problem like this? I had this same issue with another site recently, but I got what I wanted anyways so I could let it slide then.
I think I figured it out, thanks for the help! (y) :giggle:

rev22x20

Apr 19, 2018
Keep an eye out for Coolspears mods, if you have them.

I have quite a few mods from him and they were preventing my game from loading (I tried to enter my household and the game would crash to the desktop).
I don't know which one specifically are doing so but as soon as I removed them, my game loaded just fine.

Is one of those though. So if you don't have CC showers, bathtubs, CC items with extra slots, etc but you do have Coolspears mods, try removing them and see what happens.
Capture 4.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes