Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

M Schum

Mar 27, 2018
Thankfully we have Colonolnutty who's doing a better job than Turbodriver.
Kinda, I mean ... I rather things were separated instead everything being added to the base mod. I suppose the reason is the framework is pretty much done and not much else can be added yet the Patreon money keeps flowing so instead of just put the mod as completed and work on another addon, its better to add things to WW because of its high visibility ... same reason why Patreon game projects seem to take 3 or 4 times as long as they should if not more.

Bartlett

Jan 21, 2018
Thankfully we have Colonolnutty who's doing a better job than Turbodriver.
His mods are poorly coded garbage that just repurposes Turbo's work in a hacked together way and provides very little added value even if you're into rape and bestiality. They're also finicky and will break at the slightest provocation. I fail to see how Colonol "please pretend I never used to make that other mod for that other site" Nutty is any better than Turbo, other than maybe not filling his mods with useless features for the sake of those sweet Patreon bux.

Moonny

May 12, 2018
I mean the the features being added to WW are all optional, so I don't see the issue. Just turn them off.
The problem is that they aren't really optional. As you've said, you have to turn them off in options, but they are still part of the mod package, so they take up space and increase loading times. This will only get worse as time passes and more features are added. They should be separate addons.

Curious Kitty

Feb 26, 2018
The problem is that they aren't really optional. As you've said, you have to turn them off in options, but they are still part of the mod package, so they take up space and increase loading times. This will only get worse as time passes and more features are added. They should be separate addons.
Its probably more likely the opposite,
Separate modules are more likely to conflict and load times may increase when you consider that people are merging packages to reduce it already,

I don't think WW is a huge factor in load times when you compare it to the gazillion script mods that people love to install on top of it combined with the +50gb of cc ;)
Turbo already has said that one day things will be more modular but it's a case of making it all run in sync first

Moonny

May 12, 2018
Its probably more likely the opposite,
Separate modules are more likely to conflict and load times may increase when you consider that people are merging packages to reduce it already,

I don't think WW is a huge factor in load times when you compare it to the gazillion script mods that people love to install on top of it combined with the +50gb of cc ;)
Turbo already has said that one day things will be more modular but it's a case of making it all run in sync first
I see your point, it's important to make it run in sync .

The scripts by themselves aren't heavy, but image files and animations take a lot of space and it's far easier to merge a modular mod than to edit the current WW package to remove unwanted features and risk breaking it.
People with a super-duper computer won't notice it much, but for those like me who can't afford a computer like that and have to be careful with the size of the mod folder, a some MB more or less can make a difference.

Another problem is that most of the features are enabled by default and, even if you disable them, some things like Peeping Tom/Tina or the Nudity skills are still generated when a new save is created and have to be removed manually with the console. Also it's more difficult to find the configuration for the things you really use among all those settings.

Both options have advantages and disadvantages.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dolphin3000

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
I mean the the features being added to WW are all optional, so I don't see the issue. Just turn them off.
That's all well and good if you CAN turn them off. I haven't been able to turn them off for quite some time. Turning off cum layers doesn't work for me, nor does sweating. Seems my mermaids sweat even with sweating turned off. So yeah, I think it's reasonable to want things moduar.

SpookyObsolete

May 20, 2018
Anyone happen to have default replacements or anything from Alf-si? I'm trying to get more realistic trees and grass and the sky.

Stuff like these (I'm also posting the patreon)

Thanks in advance.

SpookyObsolete

May 20, 2018
Anyone happen to have default replacements or anything from Alf-si? I'm trying to get more realistic trees and grass and the sky.
I can't surrently post links, but if you know anything about the whole thing with making textures HD in your game, thats the same creator. Thanks in advance.

maksimko12

Jun 22, 2018
I can't surrently post links, but if you know anything about the whole thing with making textures HD in your game, thats the same creator. Thanks in advance.
Look and .

Reactions: SpookyObsolete
Aug 12, 2019
I see your point, it's important to make it run in sync .

The scripts by themselves aren't heavy, but image files and animations take a lot of space and it's far easier to merge a modular mod than to edit the current WW package to remove unwanted features and risk breaking it.
People with a super-duper computer won't notice it much, but for those like me who can't afford a computer like that and have to be careful with the size of the mod folder, a some MB more or less can make a difference.

Another problem is that most of the features are enabled by default and, even if you disable them, some things like Peeping Tom/Tina or the Nudity skills are still generated when a new save is created and have to be removed manually with the console. Also it's more difficult to find the configuration for the things you really use among all those settings.

Both options have advantages and disadvantages.
Thing to remember is, 4 isn't like 3 when it comes to size of your mod folder. It can be as big or small as you want, all 4 cares about is the number of files when it comes to loading times. That's why merging is such a big deal. Yeah it would be helpful if it were a bit more like NRass, completely modular, and it would help if it had a config file so you don't have to reset everything as often, but it wouldn't help load times. Making it modular, with more pieces that are more likely to stop working together and take longer to fix after each patch to get it all working together again, probably will only make load times worse, if only just a bit.
Space is a whole other issue, and that's just up to how much your computer can hold, while it doesn't make any difference to load time or game performance.

Reactions: DarkDream34
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes