Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaggyDhs

Sep 14, 2017
After the AEP update, I'm now missing my front desk person. Which means I can't do the job my sims is currently there to do. Am I the only one?

Cicero72

Feb 27, 2018
Is there a good mod out there that can stop or lower the random sim's populating my game ?

It is so annoying these strangers popping up everywhere in my game.

Edit >> just some way to freeze the population, and sims that are there, rather than constantly dropping new unknown sims in my game.
For Sims 4 I use NPC Control (NPCC) by Paulson. It's on DWP.

Reactions: taglag

tkass

Jul 10, 2019
After the AEP update, I'm now missing my front desk person. Which means I can't do the job my sims is currently there to do. Am I the only one?
it's probably the same sim that stole basemental's bong and the more views video station too!! what's going on with these mods?

Reactions: ShaggyDhs

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Patreonitis is what's going on...
I think you may be right, money comes from updates, and silly update's are made if you can not truly think of anything good to add.
I see that as one of the big problems with Patreon.

Pro >> it does pull in more professional programmers. Where modding use to just be a code monkey hobby for most.

Con >> they have to keep pumping up changes to get the money rolling.

NunyaBizness

Nov 25, 2017
I'm thinking it's because, in the update notes: "The Front Desk and Computer were added to the requirements for Photo Studio. " I think you have to either edit the lot you already have, or remove and replace it. Also, are you using the Venue List that came with the download, or a different one?

Reactions: Jeffery84

ShaggyDhs

Sep 14, 2017
I'm thinking it's because, in the update notes: "The Front Desk and Computer were added to the requirements for Photo Studio. " I think you have to either edit the lot you already have, or remove and replace it. Also, are you using the Venue List that came with the download, or a different one?
I'm using the venue that came with it. I didn't think about switching it out after that. I will try and see if that works.

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
Caught this on DWP's new Reddit feed. Supposedly this will help reduce boot time if you have a lot of cc.

"I literally found out about this a few days ago, if you have alot of cc and the game takes forever to boot, the box that pops up showing all your cc/mods in game is what causes long bootup time's. Mine was about 11 min's with 44 gbs of cc, turned it off, now it boots in less than 30 second's "

I'm assuming he means just uncheck that box at the bottom so it doesnt show up when you boot up. Not sure if he's referring to turn off all cc (which I how Im reading this doesn't seem to be the case). Hopefully this helps someone.

Pichi

Mar 14, 2018
I had a similar issue before, i find it's usually caused by sliders. Usually hip sliders in my experience as i believe the hip "joint" ill call it, is moving back to where the animation dictates, but with a slider the hips are changed, so you get that. Really i find either remove the one causing it, switch it out for another one that doesn't change the same things as the one before or learn to live with it are the options you have.
Thx for the help, yes it was the sliders. xD

RainGolucky

Jun 28, 2019
Caught this on DWP's new Reddit feed. Supposedly this will help reduce boot time if you have a lot of cc.

"I literally found out about this a few days ago, if you have alot of cc and the game takes forever to boot, the box that pops up showing all your cc/mods in game is what causes long bootup time's. Mine was about 11 min's with 44 gbs of cc, turned it off, now it boots in less than 30 second's "

I'm assuming he means just uncheck that box at the bottom so it doesnt show up when you boot up. Not sure if he's referring to turn off all cc (which I how Im reading this doesn't seem to be the case). Hopefully this helps someone.

Thank you soooo much. It worked significantly.

Reactions: GhostCanuck

Bogojisem

Oct 24, 2019

This actually worked for me. I wouldn't even think of that effecting the boot up speed. Great design feature by the developers to add in an enabled by default list that potentially slows down the game when it starts up. I supposed that's more my fault for having thousands of package files in my mod folder though.

Reactions: GhostCanuck

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
This actually worked for me. I wouldn't even think of that effecting the boot up speed. Great design feature by the developers to add in an enabled by default list that potentially slows down the game when it starts up. I supposed that's more my fault for having thousands of package files in my mod folder though.
I legitimately have to try this now.. I'm hearing a lot of positive results. (And keeping in mind this is the BOOT up speed.)

I wonder if the boot up speeds back up after doing this is because when it's enabled/shows at startup, it caches everything at the very start rather than possibly while at a loading screen loading into a lot possibly? (In which case, having the show at startup disabled means that when you load into a save game, it caches all of your CC/Mods THEN for use instead of at the very start.)

Although, I really figure I might be wrong.

Also, since I'm here, for anyone interested in it, the Multiplayer Mod (SimSync) supports more than 2 players now, and you can have as many as you want, but the more you add clients, the more the host will need a beefier PC – it’s a lot more networking / logic for them to handle.

Mentioning that for anyone interested like me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes