Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
I legitimately have to try this now.. I'm hearing a lot of positive results. (And keeping in mind this is the BOOT up speed.)

I wonder if the boot up speeds back up after doing this is because when it's enabled/shows at startup, it caches everything at the very start rather than possibly while at a loading screen loading into a lot possibly? (In which case, having the show at startup disabled means that when you load into a save game, it caches all of your CC/Mods THEN for use instead of at the very start.)

Although, I really figure I might be wrong.

Also, since I'm here, for anyone interested in it, the Multiplayer Mod (SimSync) supports more than 2 players now, and you can have as many as you want, but the more you add clients, the more the host will need a beefier PC – it’s a lot more networking / logic for them to handle.

Mentioning that for anyone interested like me. :p
It may just be that forcing it to read all the mod files in the beginning makes no difference other than to let you know they are there. You can still list them in game if you want to even if the box isn't checked. It just might be that there's no real reason to have that box checked unless you need to verify that your mod loaded. Personally, I haven't noticed any difference whether the box is checked or not. The biggest difference I've noticed is when you first start the game after booting your computer, it takes much longer than at any other point. If I exit the game, and start again, the game loads much faster. This leads me to believe that The Sims is using Windows cache rather than it's own.

I can see where listing the mods at the start can take a very long time if you have tons of them, but at some point it has to load them. My guess is they are loaded at the very beginning regardless of whether the box is checked or not. More likely, in EA's incompetence, they just read the whole list again if the box is checked. In effect having them read twice. This is kind of like the thumbnail cache thing. No one can really adequately explain why deleting the thumbnail cache has any real effect on mods, but they do it anyway because that's what you do.

Last edited:
Reactions: KekKoo

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
It may just be that forcing it to read all the mod files in the beginning makes no difference other than to let you know they are there. You can still list them in game if you want to even if the box isn't checked. It just might be that there's no real reason to have that box checked unless you need to verify that your mod loaded. Personally, I haven't noticed any difference whether the box is checked or not. The biggest difference I've noticed is when you first start the game after booting your computer, it takes much longer than at any other point. If I exit the game, and start again, the game loads much faster. This leads me to believe that The Sims is using Windows cache rather than it's own.

I can see where listing the mods at the start can take a very long time if you have tons of them, but at some point it has to load them. My guess is they are loaded at the very beginning regardless of whether the box is checked or not. More likely, in EA's incompetence, they just read the whole list again if the box is checked. In effect having them read twice. This is kind of like the thumbnail cache thing. No one can really adequately explain why deleting the thumbnail cache has any real effect on mods, but they do it anyway because that what you do.
I can imagine just by eliminating the need for the computer to compile a giant list of gigs of content after it loaded everything up would naturally lead to an improvement of the boot/startup time for the game. Probably the more junk you got, the more you will notice the checked box. Either way, if it saves folks a minute or two, great. If it doesn't, eh, was worth a try.

D

Deleted member 2049992

These are some of my "clones". The "clones" are NSFW remesh and recolors. The name of the original author is in the packge
In the Jacket-dress, the jacket is from Busra-tr, that I open it a little bit more and the dress mesh is mine.
In all my post I tried to do transparency, so I have to move the mesh to a UV region that may conflict with some shoes that use this special region to improve them. The shoes that uses the EA region do not conflict. So if you have some issue with the transparency just change the shoes to another one. All the dress have the four LOD (Level of detail).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2049992

Another Three "Clones" The last one was a big remesh and all recolor.

I am having problem to access Discord. I am not beeing able to post there. If you think this work worth, please publish the link there for me. Thank you in advance.

D

Deleted member 1892431

So I linked my account to the discord. I tried to join the channel, but It said that the invite expired? Just wondering what do I need to do? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Aug 20, 2017
Is there a good mod out there that can stop or lower the random sim's populating my game ?

It is so annoying these strangers popping up everywhere in my game.

Edit >> just some way to freeze the population, and sims that are there, rather than constantly dropping new unknown sims in my game.
Try clicking on a computer>MCC>MC Population>Other Settings>Maximum Sims in Zone and setting the number of spawned sims to say, 5. See if that helps.

Jun 26, 2018
Caught this on DWP's new Reddit feed. Supposedly this will help reduce boot time if you have a lot of cc.

"I literally found out about this a few days ago, if you have alot of cc and the game takes forever to boot, the box that pops up showing all your cc/mods in game is what causes long bootup time's. Mine was about 11 min's with 44 gbs of cc, turned it off, now it boots in less than 30 second's "

I'm assuming he means just uncheck that box at the bottom so it doesnt show up when you boot up. Not sure if he's referring to turn off all cc (which I how Im reading this doesn't seem to be the case). Hopefully this helps someone.

See what I don't understand as why one needs 44 gbs of CC in USE - i get that a lot of people like the choices of picking from a variety of stuff in CAS but I suspect the MAJORITY of that content never gets used and the real issue is even CC can break textures and create other issues in-game. Not the same way as mods but often graphically in ways you might not realize are bugs caused by the CC and not the game itself.

I get that people just dump all their CC into the mod folder and will keep doing this (I personally go through everything I download and delete what I know I don't want/will never use after seeing it in-game) but honestly it does create a lot of issues I think many people aren't aware of or blame the game for.

I mean the fact that it takes minutes to actually load the game blows my mind, I have CC installed but my game still only takes 30s to load. I can't imagine how that much CC effects the games overall performance either in certain ways.

I know with the Sims 3, it was actually better to combine CC into package files to speed up processing time so the game doesn't need to read individual files (so 1 large package file vs 300 small ones).

All I'm saying is if you have THAT much CC in your mod folder, I suspect you probably have no idea what 50% of it is or use it. Personally I think its better to at least only install stuff you actually might use rather then think "oh that looks cool" and at worst if a CC is creating a in-game issue good luck trying to figure out which one lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes