Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
This is what happens when creators of shi**y CC set up a patreon account and feel entitled to make money of the work they "poured their heart and soul" into. I'm swimming in the tears of melodrama. If they put half the effort into becoming better at creating new CC as they do monitoring discord, filing BS piracy support tickets, and feeling sorry for themselves, they might see some well undeserved income. A-holes.
Well, if they consider it "work" then they need to reassess their priorities. I'd like to think there are modders still around that do this because they love it, not because they want to milk it. How times have changed. Corporations have finally figured a way to monetize our hobbies and free time... *sigh*

D

Deleted member 1524544

Nobody forces these creators to make anything. They choose to to do what they do. So why cry about how hard it is and that you deserve to get paid for it as if you're being forced? Lol it's ridiculous!! I have much more respect for those who share their creations with the public for FREE because they ENJOY what they do and fully enjoy sharing their creations with others just to put a smile on their face. Or at the very least release their creations to the public 2 weeks after it is released on Patreon or w/e pay site they choose to use. They seem to also forget kids play this game as well. And unfortunately kids will see these beautiful builds, or hair, clothes, etc. on youtube, tumblr, wherever and they desperately would like to have it in their game. But sorry kids, Mommy and Daddy have bills to pay and your little mouths feed so unfortunately you can't have all these cool mods and cc in your game even though they should be free! Screw you greedy ass patreon only creators with your bs excuse as to why people "should pay" for your creations. Your stuff will continue to be leaked with or without discord and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it! So suck my left tit and have a nice day

barbaraluv26

Dec 11, 2018
I posted some pages back about the update of Sacrificial's Life's Drama mod but I was referring to the second update that he made because I am experiencing the same problems as Anxious Mess (touche for the username) with the update on DWP
1584203692117.png

frankstallone

Jul 27, 2019
I'm sad that these Patreon kids keep attacking the Discord. It was nice seeing everyone's photos of their games! I didn't talk much in the chat, but everyone seemed very friendly too c:
It doesn't help that so many here are being so shitty towards them, either. It's rich that the ones accusing cc creators of being greedy and entitled are exemplifying those very traits, themselves.

"These pirates leaking our work are so entitled and greedy!"
"These greedy patreon creators are so entitled!"

I mean, really. Y'all have no self awareness whatsoever.

It's only increasing animosity and making them redouble their efforts.

Last edited:

NunyaBizness

Nov 25, 2017
I did update the link when she updated it 3 days ago. I updated it again, just to be safe. She didn't post an updated "All Careers" zip yesterday. Unless you are referring to someone who reposted my post.

Reactions: DarkDream34

revie

Jun 12, 2019
I did update the link when she updated it 3 days ago. I updated it again, just to be safe. She didn't post an updated "All Careers" zip yesterday. Unless you are referring to someone who reposted my post.
nah, i was replying to your post. this here was yesterday.

well, its still bugged in non-english. thanks for the effort tho.

1584216700918.png

Last edited:

Byrnie

Apr 13, 2018
It doesn't help that so many here are being so shitty towards them, either. It's rich that the ones accusing cc creators of being greedy and entitled are exemplifying those very traits, themselves.

"These pirates leaking our work are so entitled and greedy!"
"These greedy patreon creators are so entitled!"

I mean, really. Y'all have no self awareness whatsoever.

It's only increasing animosity and making them redouble their efforts.
In my previous post I wasn't referring to all CC creator's just the one's that download blender and/or a graphics program, slap some crap together and expect to be paid. I didn't elaborate on my post as I tend to go off on rants and didn't want to make things worse. There are a lot of talented creators and modders. Should they be paid? That's up for debate. I just have seen some posts outside of discord that point the shutdowns, in my opinion (or hypothesis whatever), towards individuals that figured they could learn quick, slap something together, and make 100k a year.

I'm not using entitlement to generalize everyone, just the one's that have expressed enough personal opinion to show what they are truly thinking. Again, I'm trying not to go on a rant as this isn't the place for me to rant nor call out the individuals that I'm referring to...(yet here I'm ranting.....self awareness).

My self awareness is that I must be sadistic in that I continue to play a game that is broken, the developer's do not intend to fix it, the only reason the game is still supported is because of mods (WW being the main EA profit generator) and every expansion pack that comes out seems to reflect a mod already in existence i.e. Get Famous - Road to fame, Island living - Tropical Getaway, University - Get to School, etc. etc.

Anyway, love and peace to you all whether we agree or not. Everyone's human we all have that in common.

frankstallone

Jul 27, 2019
In my previous post I wasn't referring to all CC creator's just the one's that download blender and/or a graphics program, slap some crap together and expect to be paid.
I had a big response written here about the value of labor but then I realized it was just wasted words and deleted it.

In short, you are not entitled to their labor. None of us are.

Reactions: polysims and SCBaby

Byrnie

Apr 13, 2018
I had a big response written here about the value of labor but then I realized it was just wasted words and deleted it.

In short, you are not entitled to their labor. None of us are.
I agree with you, not saying we are, in fact I don't want nor have used any of the CC from the people upset about leaks. What I have a problem with is shouting piracy to close a channel of communication when no piracy has occurred. The only reason I brought up entitlement is from reading responses of the "poor souls" that have had their dreams destroyed over a few leaks. They aren't allowed to sell the content so if they decide to make it public it will be free, EA's "vague" policy covers that. If they want to assure they make money off their labor then put a portfolio together and contract yourself out, a lot of companies pay more per hour than most would make in a month using patreon. People see articles with headlines "Sims 4 modder makes x Thousand a month" and don't think realistically.

WTF am I going on for, this isn't about the value of labor, yes the labor has definite value, this isn't about 98-99% of people that create content, this is about the 1-2% that choose to waste time with piracy claims when piracy hasn't occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes