Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2019
By the way, I have free account, VPN is turned off and it works fine. I'm not sure how much data you can receive before you face limits with free account, because I've never experienced it. The only time I faced limitations - was before I've registered an account. 3 Month ago they were offering higher quotas for newly registered members. And you didn't need to confirm you identity back then... Clear your cookies, register new account and turn off VPN or find an IP that hasn't maxed out quota, use different accounts in you browser if it is possible (you can do that in chrome).
I gotta say, it can be very easy to hit the limit. Even with a lowest level paid account. And a VPN. Annoyingly easy. I'm part of the Broadway bootleg community (if any of yall are interested hit me up I'll send you my list of what I have, there's a LOT, yes including Hamilton's original cast), and so many people host with Mega, it gets really easy to hit the limits then. Or just the other day I decimated like 2 separate IPs as well as my own downloading some BTS concert videos for my friend. But even with just Sims stuff I've hit the limits. It's suuuuuper annoying, especially since my computer likes to disconnect my VPN without telling me. -_-

Mar 15, 2020
I gotta say, it can be very easy to hit the limit. Even with a lowest level paid account. And a VPN. Annoyingly easy. I'm part of the Broadway bootleg community (if any of yall are interested hit me up I'll send you my list of what I have, there's a LOT, yes including Hamilton's original cast), and so many people host with Mega, it gets really easy to hit the limits then. Or just the other day I decimated like 2 separate IPs as well as my own downloading some BTS concert videos for my friend. But even with just Sims stuff I've hit the limits. It's suuuuuper annoying, especially since my computer likes to disconnect my VPN without telling me. -_-
I'd love to see that list! My sister's a massive theatre nerd and it was her birthday on Monday, so it'd be great if I could find her some more to watch.

Also, yeah I hit the limit on Mega all the time, especially with Sims stuff. I try to download a lot of stuff in one go and sort it out later, but unfortunately Mega will time you out for hours at a time if you go over their limits.

munstre

Jun 23, 2019
I know this is a tad off-topic but is anyone playing with the "meaningful stories" and "have some personality please" mods? If so, should I look into getting them or are they not as good as they're hyped up to be?

Hey guys, i stumbled upon this while browsing tumblr, this is taken from simnostalgia.tumblr.com

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

looks like we're getting a DWP 2.0 peeps

here's the site btw
Good stuff, I dig the format, hope it gets operational.

aggrrs

Jan 1, 2020
I gotta say, it can be very easy to hit the limit.
I guess, you are right. It might be just me not using account to it's full potential. As of right now, I'm mostly updating certain files, which happens not so often and doesn't require so much traffic. But still, I believe, free account gives you a little bit more room before you hit the limit. The "newcomer bonus" I've mentioned earlier, I think, tripled the amount of data one can download before he hits the limit, and it was completely free (30 days, no credit card required). But it can be different now.

upd: I've checked the mega folder size, and it's almost 12 GB. I guess, downloading the entire folder shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

zahera

Jan 4, 2020
Anyone have with the paid content that comes with it and .

DeadNin

Nov 15, 2019
There's something I don't understand with the DWP shutting down issue. They say people have to download what they want until the 31st of March but it's obviously practically impossible to do so atm... so why not provide FTP access?
I understand their frustration but everyone will lose because of the whiny retards and the crappy CC creators and it's kind of rustling my jimmies...

nandes

Sep 2, 2019
There's something I don't understand with the DWP shutting down issue. They say people have to download what they want until the 31st of March but it's obviously practically impossible to do so atm... so why not provide FTP access?
I understand their frustration but everyone will lose because of the whiny retards and the crappy CC creators and it's kind of rustling my jimmies...
Last I saw on the reddit someone else is in line to take over the files even after the 1st. For now I recommend the sims4planet site and both those sites took from dwps site so a lot of the content can probably be found between the two of them.

It seems like a lot of people are jumping all over themselves to be the next dwp so I assume there’s going to be a lot of places where the cc pops up in the next couple days so I wouldn’t be in too much of a rush to try to download it all.

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
I know this is a tad off-topic but is anyone playing with the "meaningful stories" and "have some personality please" mods? If so, should I look into getting them or are they not as good as they're hyped up to be?
Okay, take my word with a grain of salt, because I haven't been able to thoroughly test both mods with and without in recent Sim play, especially Personality Please, but I can say meaningful stories have and shows immediate result as soon as you put it in your game:

Let's start with Meaningful Stories, as I know the (almost) full impact it has on my game play, granted, it's been a while since I've played an unmodded Sims 4 (2015 was the last time I've been vanilla), so maybe things changed? However, first let me explain why I've added Meaningful Stories into my game, before I tell you what it actually does:

Because my sim's emotions were all over the place, thanks to moodlets being thrown at me from the simplest things, like sitting in a chair, or eating breakfast.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I truly only see two emotions, basically one skill building forced emotion, and one "work too much" negative emotion (E.g. Uncomfortable/Tense), all the others I, as the player, would have to make an effort in going "Hmm, do I want my sim angry today? Guess I'll click obvious things to make my sim angry so I can know what that's like".

With Meaningful stories, the default emotion is "Fine" (the colors are reversed, green for Fine, gray for Happy, though, so don't get confused), like normal humans, and things that used to send Sims into Happy emotions, are now considered "Fine" signal boosters, unless you pile it high (it'll eventually bleed into Happy, making your efforts seem more fulfilling), and Environmental Aura is completely disabled, so no Flirty sims because they see a bucket of ice with Sim Chardonnay in it (Another thing that sounds good on paper, but doesn't make for smart game play in reality).

You don't actually have to work as hard as roburky says to get a "Happy" moodlet, but you will find yourself playing a diverse morning, before your sim finally go "Hey, I'm starting to feel happy about the day!", so, next emotion out of Fine is usually "Happy", if you've played your game right, and hadn't ran into an eventful variable to make it something else (Constantly making out, death, peeing pants and then hitting on their neighbor's spouse in public, etc.); all the other positive emotions, you would have to put in a bit of effort to become, but it doesn't feel like grinding for it, having a simple interaction with another sim can sort of "catch you unawares" so that it doesn't feel like you kept hitting the joke tab the reason your sim has become playful, as for the negative Uncomfortable/Tense emotion (the default "hey, pay attention to your needs"), you'd have to have done nothing the entire day, but that one thing that gave you that moodlet, to fall into that mood (so no more uncomfortable emotion at your own wedding, after being promoted, and finding a new friend in your spouse's family, because you ate that "stale sammach" from that cheep fridge you could hardly afford).

Meaningful Stories does make the Emotional System feel like what we were promised when Sims 4 teased it on launch, and it also adds a sort of "Memory" system, where, remember that child dying scenario? Weeks, even life stages later, your Elderly Sims can be sad about that child they lost when they were a young adult; It's not that detailed, but I've play tested families who have never been sad, but only once from a death, and then never again, and they would get a "memory sadness moodlet" (sorry, forgot the naming), and it could only have been from that one sad thing they did. I definitely recommend getting Meaningful Stories if you want to feel like your sims are somewhat human, and not robots with numbers and buttons as emotions that you are 100% in control of (Ya know, the thing that kills the challenge in games).

Next, for Personality Please, I first have to admit that I haven't tested this out, or seen (that I know of) immediate results, I personally seen the results in the Sims "Conversation Trees" (The tabs you click on when talking to other sims), certain thing like "Propose" doesn't pop up, just because Random Walkby got the hots for your Sim that told a single dirty joke; also, now my sims' in-laws won't flirt with my sims, just because they got done kissing their spouse, and my sim came to ask them how was the party (though, thanks for the saucey drama, Creepy Uncle Frank). The tricky thing with Personality Please is that you can't have MCC's woohoo moduals, as they conflict, but to be completely honest with you, thanks to MCC woohooer (combined with WickedWhims), my town had become one big orgy of infidelity and promiscuity, I lost that realism of sims respecting theirs and others relationship, and though I've found a happy medium with WickedWhims (no more, hot but, random orgies during Thanksgiving), MCC Woohoo continued to have random proposals and sexual advances between sims in committed relationships, and that hardly even knew each other. Even without MCC, I still faced the infidelity/promiscuity problem, and Personality Please has gotten rid of it completely for me (I do see the occasional cheating, but that's realism and I'm satisfied with it). I'm sure Personality Please does a lot more for my game, that I appreciate but hadn't notice, but I found it to be a necessity for me, when one time I struggled an entire sim day, when random walkbys would interrupt conversations with my sims to hit on them, and my sim's partner would get upset at my Sim as if they were the one cheating (which, sometimes they were, if I didn't micromanage them like a hawk).

I don't play without Personality Please, since I've gotten it way back when (I only had MCC Woohooer for the Risky, and she provides that, plus I hardly even Woohoo anymore with WickedWhims [I literally do it just to make it "official", especially if certain mods memorize woohoo times], especially since Risky is involved in there too, so it's not much of a loss not to download), so I have no idea if the Sims 4 has edit this fruitless/random interactions out, thus I'll also recommend anyone to have Personality Please in their game. Also, a lot of PolarBearSims' mods are really innovative and fun, for that life sim experience, so check out a lot of her content if you're looking for that splatter of realism you didn't know you were missing (I do admit I went to Zer0 for my vampires, though).

Sorry if I made you read a lot, I know you asked a simple question and I gave you a college text book answer, I hope this helps in forming your decision, if for some reason you can only have one, or you find yourself skeptical, I do recommend Meaningful Stories being all and more what it's hyped up to be, and press that you absolutely download that one and give it a shot!

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
Changelog v2.1.6b 3/27/2020
  • I'm so shy, you are gonna make me blush! I altered the blushing textures to be more subtle and blend in with natural skin-tones so darker skinned sims won't look like they put on clown makeup when blushing! Some changes to the cas system were done too to fix an old bug (which I had a jurry rigged fix for, now it's removed) which primarily used to effect blushers. Get blushin' again!
Hate to double post, but I just saw this, where is the blushing file, or has that been integrated into the NWP files? I'm a little rusty in outsider art fashion, but I have an old NisaK_Blush_Blank_Override file from the summer of 2019, should I get rid of it? Is there an updated file somewhere?

NunyaBizness

Nov 25, 2017
Hate to double post, but I just saw this, where is the blushing file, or has that been integrated into the NWP files? I'm a little rusty in outsider art fashion, but I have an old NisaK_Blush_Blank_Override file from the summer of 2019, should I get rid of it? Is there an updated file somewhere?
I'm assuming if you open the .package file, it'll be in there somewhere... I'm not a modder...

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
I'm assuming if you open the .package file, it'll be in there somewhere... I'm not a modder...
I see, I was just wondering if I was missing something since I don't have direct contact with Nisa's patreon and was wondering if the leaker was leaving out something or if anyone heard tells of notes somewhere that Nisa had combined the files so her added blush texture (and while I'm at it, the added Sintiklia Long cut nails) were not needed anymore, I used to follow her thread on LL, but since getting leaked Patreon post, I've relied on here to have all the needed files and just kept those 2 in my folders as a just in case.

NunyaBizness

Nov 25, 2017
I see, I was just wondering if I was missing something since I don't have direct contact with Nisa's patreon and was wondering if the leaker was leaving out something or if anyone heard tells of notes somewhere that Nisa had combined the files so her added blush texture (and while I'm at it, the added Sintiklia Long cut nails) were not needed anymore, I used to follow her thread on LL, but since getting leaked Patreon post, I've relied on here to have all the needed files and just kept those 2 in my folders as a just in case.
I don't leave anything out. Her files have always been a .package file, and .t4script file. I include the "Optional" Disable WickedMermaid package. If you want to know, I'd recommend sign up to her Patreon, then join the Discord.

wolf78

Jul 18, 2018
Hi to all. I would like to share this with you because I'm getting mad and it seems no one has this "problem".
I have a lot of custom hair and they work perfectly. However, some hair (not many) need about 1 or 2 seconds to be loaded in cas and same happens during game. So, having a sim with "laggy" hair slows game. On the other side, I have very complex hair that get loaded immediately.
Ok, I know, it's not a problem to wait 1 or 2 seconds but I'm curious... Anyone has this "problem"? Is it a matter of polygons? I don't think so... complex hair (such as nightcrawler, wingsimsis, anto) are very fast in loading. While custom ea-like hair (such as those of SimsLaughLove) are laggy.
Thank you and have a nice day!

PS Mods are up to date, game too. When I update scripted mods I delete cache etc... and my computer matches recommended requirements.

Reactions: doggbound

polysims

Sep 13, 2018
I play with the first, and i like some of the stuff that comes with it, some buffs are good and make it interesting to play with, as long as you don't tend to plan every move for your sims then it's cool and fun to play, the second i haven't used it, and idk if it is compatible with meaningful stories, but i hear good things on the chats and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes