Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

duchamp

Mar 28, 2019
What the game desperately misses is depth,the Sim have 0 personality and it's hard to get immersed with mindless dolls... Now some mods do take care of that but only to an extent,there is only so much modders can do about it. Hence why I would like more expansions that focus on personality and relationships no matter if EA even fucks it up completely,since the modding community will at least be able to fix it,but you can't fix what's not even there....
THAT'S what we need in the game. More core game mechanics, more personality... all my sims have different traits but even two opposite sims almost behave the exact same. We don't need E/G/S packs that cater to a super niche audience (like Country Livin and Eco Livestyle), we need actual gameplay ahhhh

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
What the game desperately misses is depth,the Sim have 0 personality and it's hard to get immersed with mindless dolls... Now some mods do take care of that but only to an extent,there is only so much modders can do about it. Hence why I would like more expansions that focus on personality and relationships no matter if EA even fucks it up completely,since the modding community will at least be able to fix it,but you can't fix what's not even there....
This was more or less the argument people had with Sims 4 from the beginning. It is so dumbed down that it feels empty. You depend too much on your imagination than the game mechanics to make it interesting. Sims 3 had far more depth than Sims 4 ever will. Sims had some semblance of personality. They got mad when their partner cheated. It took far longer for a sim to "win" another sim. There appeared to be some logic behind it then where now, it just seems mindless and nearly instantaneous. The problem with Sims 3 was that they added far too much to it, and it became a bogged down nightmare at times. With CC, load times could be upwards of 30 minutes when starting the game (depending on how many expansions and stuff packs were added). Even without CC it might take ten or so minutes to start the game. It was frustrating, but addictive none the less. Sims 4 is but a shell of what Sims 3 was. Yes, load times were improved tremendously. But the cost was too great. Everything that made the game interesting was compromised. Corners were cut, and more importantly, EA's greed hit a new level. Sims 3 was also far more popular, and the community was much less toxic. Most modder's didn't demand payment. Hell, EA even went after TSR for putting stuff behind a paywall. My how things have changed....

Sep 26, 2019
Am I the only one having trouble with the web version of the Gallery? Some stuff isn't showing up like this CC heavy build under this ID: TrixieTrickster or the Tiger king cast under this ID: Karid3th. I can't access the gallery in game since I use a cracked version of the game that doesn't use origin.

superman5150

May 23, 2017
Could someone please update the TSR freemium script, it is broken..again..Thanx!
I found that if you turn it off before you download, then turn the extension back on when it's doing the countdown and refresh the page (when the url is listed as "thank you" or whatever) it will automatically and immediately download the file. Not the best option but it works for now...

comfywit

May 4, 2020
But I'm not the only one: )
Umm that is a different script completely, the person that linked you is linking to a different one. It's the one I use here:
Not the Freemium ( ) one, that one has been broken. lol

netcat

Apr 20, 2020
Umm that is a different script completely, the person that linked you is linking to a different one. It's the one I use here:
Not the Freemium ( ) one, that one has been broken. lol
Yes, tried that script too, sorry, doesn't work..thanx!

Reactions: rev22x20

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
Don't bother Maxis rather release hippie DLC in June (Eco Lifestyle). The fanbase will also attack you for stating facts. Twitter is a war zone right now along with the official forums. Basically suck it up and enjoy it or GTFO is Maxis and the Sims community motto this entry.

DarkDream34

Jan 12, 2020
THAT'S what we need in the game. More core game mechanics, more personality... all my sims have different traits but even two opposite sims almost behave the exact same. We don't need E/G/S packs that cater to a super niche audience (like Country Livin and Eco Livestyle), we need actual gameplay ahhhh
You both spoke my heart here!!

Reactions: duchamp

DarkDream34

Jan 12, 2020
This was more or less the argument people had with Sims 4 from the beginning. It is so dumbed down that it feels empty. You depend too much on your imagination than the game mechanics to make it interesting. Sims 3 had far more depth than Sims 4 ever will. Sims had some semblance of personality. They got mad when their partner cheated. It took far longer for a sim to "win" another sim. There appeared to be some logic behind it then where now, it just seems mindless and nearly instantaneous. The problem with Sims 3 was that they added far too much to it, and it became a bogged down nightmare at times. With CC, load times could be upwards of 30 minutes when starting the game (depending on how many expansions and stuff packs were added). Even without CC it might take ten or so minutes to start the game. It was frustrating, but addictive none the less. Sims 4 is but a shell of what Sims 3 was. Yes, load times were improved tremendously. But the cost was too great. Everything that made the game interesting was compromised. Corners were cut, and more importantly, EA's greed hit a new level. Sims 3 was also far more popular, and the community was much less toxic. Most modder's didn't demand payment. Hell, EA even went after TSR for putting stuff behind a paywall. My how things have changed....
Also this!! Sims 3 was my favorite stress outlet. I saved for a hefty gaming rig, just so I'd have less issues with the ridiculous load times (though, even with my great desktop rig, it was still laggy and buggy AF :LOL: ). I experienced a life tragedy; stopped playing; and, when I came back, TS4 had been released, and the community was/is so different. I miss my TS3 peeps. :(

Completely agree with you on the trade off not being worth it. I'll take laggy over the emptiness of TS4 any time.

comfywit

May 4, 2020
comfywit , the script don't work for me too.
Anybody have the last felixandre set from patreon ?

You guys, have you heard about Paralives? If he keeps his promises, he will sweep away the sims!
Weird because I swear it was just working for me, lol. Now it isn't. o_O What is going on???

ETA: If anyone is interested I have a friend that has access to T.$.R so if you need anything let me know.
also, does anyone have the new Tiny Twavellers stuff pack from Felix?
Code:
https://www.patreon.com/felixandre

Last edited:
Reactions: renarena and loryah
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes