Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedWitch55

May 4, 2018
People like to download all the CC with a sim or a lot, it can be time consuming tracking down all the CC used and some "divas" delete their stuff with no warning, so it's gonne until someone decides to share it somewhere. I'm thankfull for CC creators that allow their mesh to be included and wish more would be okay with a .txt with link to their site.

But 1) charging for a sim and 2) not stating where you got it from, cmon! Pretty shitty all around.

This whole Patreon thing seems to be getting out of hand. Just a week ago I saw that someone started a patreon for recolors. It may not sound too bad until you think "wait, no new mesh, meaning that he/she is just slapping seamless textures on EA stuff". Okayyy... But wait, some of these textures are from a RL company and this person advertises using it. WTF? :idontcare:

As a graphig designer and someone that had done surface patterns, I would not mind someone using my textures and designs in something that they do as a hobbie. It comes with the territory and you're lucky if they mention your name. But when you start to charge for the work that someone else did, wow. Just wow. It feel as if some people are looking at the sims community and patreon and just thinking how they can make some "free" money.

And on the other hand we have people like Peacemaker that creates the mesh, the texture, the color palette, everything with top quality and he does not charge a cent for it. Go figure.
My head explores when I see and want to download some wonderful looking item or Sim. To find that the mesh, required item, etc is no longer available.

Peacemaker is wonderful. I loved his stuff.

I am also thankful for the CC creators that allow their mesh to be included.
I am not very good at meshing so do recolours. Have posted some to S4S.

Reactions: RobinF

WickedWitch55

May 4, 2018
I do recolours with credit to the creator when I upload them.
On the subject of not including the mesh in a recolour of a mesh.

Is it wrong to post a backup of the original mesh with a upload??????

What are your thoughts.

WickedWitch55

May 4, 2018
Umm. well me for example like to download very specific characters, not really interested in the CC but more in the facial structure, I like very specific type of face on my ladys but i suck at creating them in game, so i usually download 2 or 3 character and use them as a mold. Other than the face i see no point in getting other people characters, so the fact that i just find out people actually sell characters made me laugh a bit :p
Same here. I download a sim then change them to suit my tastes.

Curious Kitty

Feb 26, 2018
I do recolours with credit to the creator when I upload them.
On the subject of not including the mesh in a recolour of a mesh.

Is it wrong to post a backup of the original mesh with a upload??????

What are your thoughts.
Personally I say link to the original mesh whenever possible,
Of course if you're stuck with the event of a mod no longer in circulation it's not so much of big deal to give this as an attached file with thanks to the original creator

MommaBear

Mar 22, 2018
mmmh washing machine... guess there is no limit to wonderfull fetish world :p

also the medical bed is interesting, for those who wish easily travel to the hospital without having to start a medic carrier you can use the
THANKS!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea that the ability to travel to special lots existed!!!!! ( Do you feel my excitement?)

MommaBear

Mar 22, 2018
I'm FINALLY back from work, thank god.w 2 whole nights off! (Are you feelin' the sarcasm?) Without further adieu...updates.

Anarcis
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I just KNEW that the Jangs were swingers :)

A.Trois

Azmodan

EixL

Jan 11, 2018
I'm FINALLY back from work, thank god.w 2 whole nights off! (Are you feelin' the sarcasm?) Without further adieu...updates.

Anarcis
I just KNEW that the Jangs were swingers :)

A.Trois

Azmodan
Finally Anarcis is doing animations what people want to see in game. I hope he makes this situation on couch or bathroom etc. Thanks for the sharing momma

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes