Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Kitty

Feb 26, 2018
It's bullshit for sure. It's a sneaky way to make people pay, based on the boner they have for the celebs.[/QUOTE
Fairly certain he is using CC that the creators themselves have stated not to put behind paywalls. He can easily get his shit taken down.
True,
With that behaviour and the overcharged animations, multiple tiers etc....

It's no wonder why this thread was started,

Too many people are looking to turn a game into some kind of catalogue retail store!
None of them put much effort into the actual gaming side of things and just business,

ExSimmer is an exception on the whole from the crowd doing this,
He/she does genuinely seem up for the game in a big way and I'm kinda thinking that this patreon is/will be more than just Sims they've made,
Its just disappointing that links to creators are not given!

kaprol88

Sep 23, 2017
Why am I not surprised.

According to the creator he/she needs money to improve his computer (I can understand that) but to also
"add more bones for each strand of hair" and "add bones for long hairstyles".

I can do that for free in Blender ...

Although I like the idea of the mod, I only use alpha hair (or anything other than MM) so it's not my cup of tea (at least now).

trof1

Jun 3, 2018
True,
With that behaviour and the overcharged animations, multiple tiers etc....

It's no wonder why this thread was started,

Too many people are looking to turn a game into some kind of catalogue retail store!
None of them put much effort into the actual gaming side of things and just business,

ExSimmer is an exception on the whole from the crowd doing this,
He/she does genuinely seem up for the game in a big way and I'm kinda thinking that this patreon is/will be more than just Sims they've made,
Its just disappointing that links to creators are not given!
Yeah, I guess it's no surprise really. Somehow I am fine with supporting WW and Basemental, they are both "cheap enough" for it to be no big worry for me and the mods are pretty substantial. I still understand not wanting to pay for them. With the animations though it gets a little too silly usually. Especially considering the framework mod is $4.50 a month.

I have seen cases of posters asking modders and CC creators to go on Patreon, and of people requesting sims or mods to be made for them in return for payment. That combined with the fact that the whole Patreon business has hardly any oversight to it, and you have a situation where for many modders and CC creators the temptation to go on patreon is probably too strong to resist.

Ex seems like a decent enough fellow, yeah. Though should probably be a bit careful with the credits and such for the CC.

RobinF

Nov 30, 2017
People like to download all the CC with a sim or a lot, it can be time consuming tracking down all the CC used and some "divas" delete their stuff with no warning, so it's gonne until someone decides to share it somewhere. I'm thankfull for CC creators that allow their mesh to be included and wish more would be okay with a .txt with link to their site.

But 1) charging for a sim and 2) not stating where you got it from, cmon! Pretty shitty all around.

This whole Patreon thing seems to be getting out of hand. Just a week ago I saw that someone started a patreon for recolors. It may not sound too bad until you think "wait, no new mesh, meaning that he/she is just slapping seamless textures on EA stuff". Okayyy... But wait, some of these textures are from a RL company and this person advertises using it. WTF? :idontcare:

As a graphig designer and someone that had done surface patterns, I would not mind someone using my textures and designs in something that they do as a hobbie. It comes with the territory and you're lucky if they mention your name. But when you start to charge for the work that someone else did, wow. Just wow. It feel as if some people are looking at the sims community and patreon and just thinking how they can make some "free" money.

And on the other hand we have people like Peacemaker that creates the mesh, the texture, the color palette, everything with top quality and he does not charge a cent for it. Go figure.

M Schum

Mar 27, 2018
According to the creator he/she needs money to improve his computer (I can understand that) but to also
"add more bones for each strand of hair" and "add bones for long hairstyles".
The big problem with that is you have to do that to every single hair mesh and even if you skip short hair styles, there is still a lot of then. It gets worst when you consider CC hair as not only there is a lot more of then but also many of then are behind paywalls.

I would guess there will be just some of game hairstyles with animations and some CC hairs converted but the majority will not have then due to the sheer amount of hairs that would need to be converted.

trof1

Jun 3, 2018
And on the other hand we have people like Peacemaker that creates the mesh, the texture, the color palette, everything with top quality and he does not charge a cent for it. Go figure.
Never of them before, what kind of stuff do they make? Link to downloads?

trof1

Jun 3, 2018
People like to download all the CC with a sim or a lot, it can be time consuming tracking down all the CC used and some "divas" delete their stuff with no warning, so it's gonne until someone decides to share it somewhere. I'm thankfull for CC creators that allow their mesh to be included and wish more would be okay with a .txt with link to their site.
Yeah, I remember spending like an hour downloading all the required CC objects for a lot I wanted to add to my game. Thank you ad.fly! Though it did give me a bunch of objects to use, it was kind of ridiculous. People go a bit crazy with the TOUs and such for their mods in my experience nad it was especially irritating in the era of ad.fly, which seems to have subsided somewhat, though we seem to be entering the Patreon era with a vengeance now.

Reactions: SivDR92 and RobinF

trof1

Jun 3, 2018
Thanks! I definitely need some more CC objects, only recently started getting them (hence the 1 hour session downloading objects for a lot).

I wasn't aware I ever asked about a Patreon person though.

RobinF

Nov 30, 2017
Spot on with what you said @RobinF . Can't tell you how many times i've ran into dead links for CC because the creator decided to leave the community holy shit its annoying.
Right? It just happened to me yesterday! And it was the main thing in the "look" and the last one I clicked, so :idontcare:. On another topic, thank you for sharing. :heartcoveredeyes:

Thanks! I definitely need some more CC objects, only recently started getting them (hence the 1 hour session downloading objects for a lot).
Do you know Lana's tumblr? She's does a great job tagging CCs and is a great source to find good stuff. It beats going to dozens of sites. :winkytongue:

Mar 15, 2018
Right? It just happened to me yesterday! And it was the main thing in the "look" and the last one I clicked, so :idontcare:. On another topic, thank you for sharing. :heartcoveredeyes:

Do you know Lana's tumblr? She's does a great job tagging CCs and is a great source to find good stuff. It beats going to dozens of sites. :winkytongue:
Lol i dread it when it comes to certain sim clothing i look for! But hey no problem! glad i could help! also appreciate that link def gonna use that :eek:penedeyewink:

Reactions: RobinF
Apr 27, 2018
aye babes, brought y'all something.

Nisa Hotfix

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And as requested the most recent MCCC update;

MCCC 4.4.0.4

EDIT; NEW YrSa animation!

Another EDIT; cause I keep finding the goodies.

Noir Horse Dildo v2 - please read notes!

nyalest

May 21, 2017
Why people don't just make their own sims is beyond me.... That's literally the point of playing the game anyway.. but idk.. downloading other people's sims that are shared for free is one thing, and it's totally fine but to go all the way and pay to download some trashy looking alpha cc infested sim is a whole new level of lazy and desperate. pretty sure that person's violating tons of creators TOU's.. but hey, it's LL ofcourse they're gonna turn a blind eye on the whole thing.
Umm. well me for example like to download very specific characters, not really interested in the CC but more in the facial structure, I like very specific type of face on my ladys but i suck at creating them in game, so i usually download 2 or 3 character and use them as a mold. Other than the face i see no point in getting other people characters, so the fact that i just find out people actually sell characters made me laugh a bit :p

Reactions: WickedWitch55

_Fin_

Jan 2, 2018
Noir Horse Dildo v2 - please read notes!

Regarding LUXURE's animations, I have updated the Patreon package for the new dongs. Said package is compatible as well with the old dongs. So you can use my edited LUXURE if you want :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes