Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules 27

Nov 12, 2019
oops.... that's not Red Apple, that's AEP.
I went to go get the update and she has changed her tiers so I can't get it till the 17th now, since this change wasn't expected or advised upon, I have now cancelled my pledge and won't be using the mods again.......sorry to those this affects, but in my opinion, if you are going to change access to updates you should at least advise your patrons in a timely manner, not just change what patrons are paying for without notice.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
I went to go get the update and she has changed her tiers so I can't get it till the 17th now, since this change wasn't expected or advised upon, I have now cancelled my pledge and won't be using the mods again.......sorry to those this affects, but in my opinion, if you are going to change access to updates you should at least advise your patrons in a timely manner, not just change what patrons are paying for without notice.
Not a big deal... Don't sweat it. I am sorry you got screwed over though. Seems like a petty thing for her to do.

Sep 13, 2018
You could be right... The online component can potentially fight piracy as the service might verify game assets before letting players in. Content? That might be a problem because how will someone who does not own the "paid cc" be able to see it on someone who purchased it? The EA servers would need to store all content locally in order to display it on all game clients OR CC would only work with single player games... I see Pandora's box opening with this one... I guess we will need to wait and see how things play out.
I see some kind of anti-piracy check happening too, but I'm not sure it would have to be quite as elaborate as checking all CC against some internal database. I'm not sure EA cares about people pirating CC, if they do I doubt they care enough to curate and store CC on their own servers in order to beat something that doesn't really affect their revenue. As you say, we'll have to wait to see how things play out. Though, I'm not certain they've finished beating this particular deceased equine yet.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Sims 5 will be for sure an online chinese style money laundry.. If for sims 4 people spent around 1k$ to get fresh and legal all things this is gonna be on a whole new scale of rip off..
If that's the case, it will be a miserable failure. The only thing that has kept The Sims franchise alive all these years has been the modding community. Without the community, the sims is doomed. Let's not forget EA attempted online verification with Sims 3 and it didn't work too well. It was convoluted and created a mess. Not surprised they dropped it, and simplified Sims 4. They also had a Sims Online game that had some brief popularity, but they finally pulled the plug on that. I expect they know who's buttering their toast. Without mods, the sims is garbage. That simple. Oh, and I doubt they'd try the Bethesda route. They wouldn't pay modders enough to make it worth it to them. Keep in mind EA is making far too much on things the way they are to change it and risk losing it all.

Last edited:

comfywit

May 4, 2020
Hi!
Anyone has the new skin os sims3melancholic?
Thank you!
Here you go!

New Ilon Skin DL:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

sims3melancholic just came out with three chin presents, an eye preset, and sims for download.

More info under spoilers:

Marlynsims also just released a new aspiration:
DL:
I think that is it for now! If you need anything else let me know.

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
I see some kind of anti-piracy check happening too, but I'm not sure it would have to be quite as elaborate as checking all CC against some internal database.
The Sims 5 might need a server setup (along the lines or Opensim or Second Life) in order for CC to display. Say you Paid for a dress from BrandX. It looks great on your sim but in a multiplayer session, how would other players see that outfit? The CC assets would need to reside on EA servers and the data would be sent to the other game clients. I am guessing that the multiplayer component would be an epic failure if people were forced to only use MAXIS made assets.

Reactions: Belondin

NutInShell

Dec 1, 2019
We all make our guesses here but there are a few things that most of us heard floating around about sims 5. 1st they stated before they want to make it an online game and that means all kinds of checks in place along with certain guidelines for all content that will be supported. 2nd it floats around that it's gonna be on the new unreal engine?! so if that is the case there are not many tools or experts to create cc as they do now. 3rd They spoke about want to bring competitions along the online features. That means there will be no console or mod cheats as we know them (for obvious reasons) and that limits greatly what will be allowed in a mod ect ect.

Finally my only personal guess on this will be the "online microtransactions" .. I feel that EA will create online in game store foe extra clothes skins ect and it will be very easy for them to add stuff on a server oriented environment rather than creating packs.

xxXXxxxn

Apr 7, 2020
We all make our guesses here but there are a few things that most of us heard floating around about sims 5. 1st they stated before they want to make it an online game and that means all kinds of checks in place along with certain guidelines for all content that will be supported. 2nd it floats around that it's gonna be on the new unreal engine?! so if that is the case there are not many tools or experts to create cc as they do now. 3rd They spoke about want to bring competitions along the online features. That means there will be no console or mod cheats as we know them (for obvious reasons) and that limits greatly what will be allowed in a mod ect ect.

Finally my only personal guess on this will be the "online microtransactions" .. I feel that EA will create online in game store foe extra clothes skins ect and it will be very easy for them to add stuff on a server oriented environment rather than creating packs.
ts5ps5listing.png
hmm....

In the Third Quarter of FY2020 earnings call, Andrew Wilson was asked a question if Maxis has any plans of relaunching an online version of The Sims – like The Sims Online that was present from 2002 to 2008. Andrew Wilson gave an interesting answer, saying that Maxis is continuously thinking about The Sims for a new generation and that features from The Sims Online will become a part of that experience “in the years to come”.

NO. we don't want it

SCBaby

Dec 11, 2019
Sims 5 will be for sure an online chinese style money laundry.. If for sims 4 people spent around 1k$ to get fresh and legal all things this is gonna be on a whole new scale of rip off..
right? like I cant believe some people want the sims 5 to be an online multiplayer like that completely defeats the purpose of the sims franchise, like if they want all of that they can just go off and play imvu or sl instead. Theres a lot of online interaction in game with the gallery and stuff.

SCBaby

Dec 11, 2019
If that's the case, it will be a miserable failure. The only thing that has kept The Sims franchise alive all these years has been the modding community. Without the community, the sims is doomed. Let's not forget EA attempted online verification with Sims 3 and it didn't work too well. It was convoluted and created a mess. Not surprised they dropped it, and simplified Sims 4. They also had a Sims Online game that had some brief popularity, but they finally pulled the plug on that. I expect they know who's buttering their toast. Without mods, the sims is garbage. That simple. Oh, and I doubt they'd try the Bethesda route. They wouldn't pay modders enough to make it worth it to them. Keep in mind EA is making far too much on things the way they are to change it and risk losing it all.
personally I think that if the game flops even a little bit, it will be the end of the sims franchise cuz we all know how quickly ea likes to destroy and throw away their ips the moment things get a little bit rocky for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes