Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ParSim

Aug 22, 2018
does anyone know if s4s fixes the bug in the skins and windows and doors of the new update (star wars)?

Feb 27, 2020
Just wanted to share some findings about this piece of shit game engine. The lag is 99% of the time caused by an over abundance of objects on any lot. Some lots are worse because of neighboring lots with a ton of objects or too many sims on the lot. Again I mentioned this before. Sims 4 engine renders fucking EVERYTHING and I think they do this for the retarded way they do routing. Idk whats worse. Sims 3 routing or this crap... Both have major issues. If you go over 20 sims AND have a well decorated lot prepare from some lag. I scripted my own lag simulation messing with the clock, knocking the sync down to 8 milliseconds and reduced the timeout for autonomy to like 3 or 4 which does improve the situation. I also rebuilt my hospital to half the size it was. The lag is bearable but still present. It gets clogged up with whatever code they use to constantly calculate routing and ties up the simulation pipeline. All cores are at 70% when this happens so I pause the game until it drops to like 30% and it runs fine after that. After reducing my lot size & the scripting I did I usually don't need to pause. It occasionally freezes for 3 or 4 seconds then smooths out. Before it was 10 to 15 seconds, sometimes fucking 30! when selecting a sim, pie menu or initiating a task. I used to think it was some CC but this happens no matter what I have loaded up. Too big a lot you better have a super high end PC. You ever wonder why all the EA lots are bare ugly pieces of shit? That's why. Game just doesn't handle too many objects and they hid that lazy coding with shitty bare lots..... Oh and yeah no open world either because of this, Their excuse being lag, well yeah because the code is shit. Makes me wonder how Arnie Plus is tackling that problem with his Open World mod

Also I was considering building the Monroeville Mall from Dawn of the Dead but not in Sims 4. Not unless something changes... I would have to make it pretty bare bones or use wallpaper to decorate everything. Stores just shells with wallpaper showing the interiors like it was done in the Land of the Dead game. Idk if any of you played that. I will consider it in Sims 3. Sims 3 works GREAT when you build a small world in CAW with 25 lots, even can push it to 35. Anything over that you slowly start having issues. So if I do build that mall thats where I will be doing it... And probably JUST the mall surrounded by trees and shit nothing else... In the meantime heres my redone hospital based on the Miskatonic Medical School hospital from Bride of Re-Animator.

Last edited:

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
Just wanted to share some findings about this piece of shit game engine. The lag is 99% of the time caused by an over abundance of objects on any lot.
Care to share your system specifications? I am running an Intel i7 thinkpad with Nvidia graphics, 24 gigs of ram and Arch Linux = The OS runs on SSD but a standard HDD hosts my game folders. I have NEVER experienced lag with my rig... Admittedly I keep my CC under 8 gigs. The longest I have to wait for the loading screen is about 90 seconds. Usually the game starts up faster than that. Also I use a shell script which automatically DELETES localthumbcache before starting the game, this is probably why the 90 second wait... sometimes it will start in 30 secs. Never had issues with lag or loading screens while in game.

Feb 27, 2020
I don't get any lag on normal lots just ones that I highly decorate. I get about the same load times but I don't have an SSD and running a i5 with 16 g RAM. FPS average 40-60. I have about 12 gigs of CC

Now that I reduced the # of objects on lot the lag is bearable. Lot price is around $700,000. Idk how to count objects, might be a cheat? Would be handy... But anyways thought I would share all that in case anyone else has issues with lag. Game just can't handle it. I can send you my old hospital lot if you want to try out and see if it causes you the same grief lol. I know that lot work fine, no lag with only one or two sims on it but once you get 20+ shit goes south fast

Last edited:

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
I get about the same load times but I don't have an SSD and running a i5 with 16 g RAM. FPS average 40-60. I have about 12 gigs of CC
I have 3 i5 notebooks with integrated graphics and 4-8 gigs of ram. They are OK for desktop publishing and web surfing but it tanks when it comes to gaming. I tried to use them to host an opensim server and it could not keep up with mysql requests and loading a few densly (2 gig ram used when fully loaded) populated regions... an AMD machine with similar processing power and memory COULD handle that load. I gave one of them to an elderly parent and the other 2 are for backups. I got them on the cheap. I wish I could do more with them. Maybe I just had bad luck with the i5's. I do not plan to purchase them again.
Updated Sims Custom, Bonita Sims 4, and added 7cupsbobatae to Yiff
And I added 7cupsbobatae to the Yiff.party list. Thanks for your contribution.

Reactions: grieralexander
Feb 27, 2020
I have 3 i5 notebooks with integrated graphics and 4-8 gigs of ram. They are OK for desktop publishing and web surfing but it tanks when it comes to gaming. I tried to use them to host an opensim server and it could not keep up with mysql requests and loading a few densly (2 gig ram used when fully loaded) populated regions... an AMD machine with similar processing power and memory COULD handle that load. I gave one of them to an elderly parent and the other 2 are for backups. I got them on the cheap. I wish I could do more with them. Maybe I just had bad luck with the i5's. I do not plan to purchase them again.
The intel garbage that this PC came with does play Sims 4 but at low settings lol. And forget large lots. I have a GF 1030 with 2 gigs. It's ok. I never had an issue with lag on large lots until Island surfaced then University. Shit started to get slower and slower but again only for large lots with lots of detail. I can't decorate lots without detail kinda like I can't turn down midget mud wrestling so I fight with this shit looking for solutions. Now I'm looking into making a trainer type of proggy that will shut down certain processes running in Sims. Namely giving Simmies you command top priority, then those rendered on screen then everything else. All those calculations running for off screen objects needs to stop. I don't have the sourcecode so I probably will be working at this for a good long time when I rather just build shit. I enjoy building things the most. Sure making Sims do retarded shit is fun too. WW and those fart animations kill me lmao. Right now the lot I built is working decent. I can live with it. If it weren't for the fact my Sims 3 CC needs cleaning out I probably wouldn't have bothered with Sims 4 again. I need something like Tray Importer for Sims 3 that zips up CC with sims and lots. Probably is one floating about just don't remember using it. Thanks for taking the time to help btw

Gentan

Aug 29, 2018
Just a question.. this is how it looks when I tell my sim to inject Trenbolone, no syringe or anything. I couldn't find any tutorial on steroids use in the game.. am I doing something wrong or is this how it should look?
View attachment 833533
Hey there! glad you could solve your problem. Sorry to annoy you, but may I ask what skin and body meshes CC your sim in the picture is using? I would like my sims in-game to look something like what you have there, because it definetely looks amazing. Thanks in advance, and have a good day! :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes