Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
EA has made it abundantly clear that they could care less about this situation, ever since the days of Sims 2. The modding community is the only thing keeping the game alive and draws in sales, why ruffle the nest when they can have a rule they never enforce floating around to keep consumers sated.

However the situation isn't always black and white. It would be wrong to say that everyone who makes CC\Mods for the sims shouldn't be on Patreon because we all know that there are modders that deserve donations, BUT!

The kind of people who say: 'Buy my sims with CC I didn't make; poorly optimized CC; copybotted Second Life meshes; poorly meshed, textured & alpha-ed hair; meshes with brand-names slapped on them for $XX monthly!!' are the people that don't belong and tarnish Patreon's name.

Just starting modding or CC making with a mindset of 'I'm gonna make so much bank off of this' leads to frustration, burnout and abandonment. I'd be surprised if they could last more than a year.

Oct 5, 2019
Thus it's pretty ironic for patreon users that do not release material to get pissed at pirates, as they are guilty of violating the very same law.
Kind of makes you wonder when EA is going to drop a lawsuit on Patreon for allowing copyright scammers to charge for content...
US copyright law requires that the copyright be enforced or its void. EA has not enforced Sims 4 copyright in a long time and would be considered to be nit picking unless it attacked all content that violated the 3-week rule

Oct 26, 2018
Does anyone know of any good body presets or muscle sliders for making a huge body builder guy?
It all depends what you actually want in your outcome, since some sliders do not play well with body builder presets. However, for starters, you make pick up anything by Dumbaby as presets. naked tops, you may go with Lummia's, which are free. As for sliders Necrodog has new sliders for body builders. I beleive you may find most of this, either in the Mega Folder and or Yiff. Just follow spankz12 signature on this thread and it will lead you to what you are looking for.

Last edited:

godpan

Apr 17, 2018
Hey there, guyz! Got a strange issue with late Nisa. Clients completely stopped calling me at home. Dont know why... The mod itself does not give me any errors.

Game version is 1.67.45.1020/ Mod version 2.1.7n (10.10.2020)

IndolentCat

Jul 8, 2017
Hello, can someone help me? I'm looking for Sweetmint and sets, but so far everything, including googling simfileshare have been dead ends. I'm assuming cause I don't know how they tag their mods. Does anyone have them and can share them?

tkass

Jul 10, 2019
Lupobianco files uploaded today on MEGA is smaller than the older one, is a lower patreon profile?

Can anyone confirm me this is the lastest level 4 patreon or is an older/low level one? because all files except the animation are smallers than the previous version uploaded on MEGA? I just updated the animation file (109 vs 116Mb) and these animations aren't there (level 2-3-4 files as i say are smaller than the previous uploaded):
Telonidas I compared all the snippet tunings for the two Lupobianco level.4-n.49 files in the Mega. Although there is a small difference missing in total MB from the new packages, all of the animations are listed in the snippet tunings. He hasn't retired any this time. He may have missed moving some animations themselves into the new levels while adding them to the snippets because there is a 0.4 MB difference in file total file size. If so, anyone using one of them will notice its absence. However, at this time all he intended to do was move animations from one level to another and add the CunniMe to Level 2. Have you found these animations yet? This IS a newer file. Anyone concerned about it, feel free to add to game.

bdxb8912

Jun 3, 2019
Wrong again JarJar, yousa going to the bosses, yousa in BIG DoooDooo this time!
I grew up in the 70's-80's and we were taught that sharing is GOOD. I have no control over WHO gets leaked to YIFF... I only go after the ones who NEVER release content publicly but I will not ignore submissions from people who decide to post their favorite modder. Lets face it... YIFF is better for surfing than PATREON and everyone who uses the service KNOWS IT! Now that you have had your free therapy from yours truly, get over yourself sucka and BE HAPPY!
But but... WoUlD yOu DowNloAd a CaR?

Fuck yes I would :LOL:

realbrownie

Jul 15, 2020
Hello, can someone help me? I'm looking for Sweetmint and sets, but so far everything, including googling simfileshare have been dead ends. I'm assuming cause I don't know how they tag their mods. Does anyone have them and can share them?
At least I have hanok assembly kit. You have to construct yourself with sweetmint's kit because they didn't released any tray files.

javelin 93

Aug 22, 2018
For a patreon creator to *never* release content for free is actually a violation of Sims 4 TOS, since they are modding a program that neither belongs to them nor have they been issued a development license. Because of this, anything they produce is legally a "fan work" and while they can charge for access to "WIP" material or early access to such material, to never release such material while still charging for access to it is a clear violation of not only Sims 4 TOS, but also United States and International Copyright Law.
Thus it's pretty ironic for patreon users that do not release material to get pissed at pirates, as they are guilty of violating the very same law.
^ ^ ^
This.

javelin 93

Aug 22, 2018
Kind of makes you wonder when EA is going to drop a lawsuit on Patreon for allowing copyright scammers to charge for content...
It's not in their financial interest atm. Mainly because patreon modders of the maxis series sadly have a big support base as a whole, which keeps people buying maxis' games and expansions. look at how dated the TS4 game engine is as well as all the bugginess of the game as a whole as compared to other games. That's why tools like S4Studio are allowed to exist. The same can be said for TESV and CK, which is actually made by Bethesda,for public usage. A completely opposite position is taken for example, when it comes to TK2/Rockstar and the GTA and RDR series with their infamous S&D order against fan based OpenIV.

Reactions: xxXXxxxn

javelin 93

Aug 22, 2018
US copyright law requires that the copyright be enforced or its void. EA has not enforced Sims 4 copyright in a long time and would be considered to be nit picking unless it attacked all content that violated the 3-week rule
These Major Corps are given some wiggle room on this though,because TK2 Left OpenlV alone for a couple of years before they hit them with a S&D. But in fairness I don't remember EA ever enforcing their copyright privilege against any modder that I can remember. I'm no lawyer,but I'm sure if EA for example never filed a Legal complaint previously,but then decided after years to do so, there exists some legal precedence for them to invoke their copyright claim in court.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020
Pretty much boils down to how much can they profit. If EA can profit from CC claims then it will happen otherwise they don't give a shit. Pretty sure they made that rule on selling CC just to please the crowd griping about it. My perception of it is, it's never gonna happen & CC will continue to be sold, scam or not

Also CC will continue to be made "pirated". EA doesn't give a shit about patreons either so their threats are shallow. They can file claims on sites that have copyright terms and what not so I advise not using MEGA anymore so all your hard work putting together links and shares doesn't go wasted. Mediafire too is notorious for deleting files that even LOOK suspicious. DMCA gripe is your best bet

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes