Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2019
It looks like the Brookheights Open World mod has been updated to beta version 0.3, does anyone have the update?
This may have something to do with the wait- from the Brookheights BETA version 0.3 Changelog: "Due to several leaks recently, a new hidden security feature has been added to the BETA 0.3 when you download it."

*Gasp!* Those damned leakers! How would one even circumvent this "security feature" to leak it and remain anonymous? What if said dreamer leaked the PDFs and URLs that lead directly to the download? That'd never work, right? And even if it did, the creator would just constantly change the URLs or revert to the tedious "message me for your download" system, right? RIGHT?!?

Feb 27, 2020
That simulation fix file, well let me tell you a story as to why I deleted my last post....
Ok so I uncompiled the simulation mod, moved it to Sims 4 mods/overrides folder (where I have all my lag fixes btw) and get a error, well game wont load any lots because the script failed and it runs the simulation pipeline... Sooo I did a windows 10 explorer UNDO to move it out of that folder BACK to my projects folder. BIG MISTAKE. Even though I've done this a million times before for some reason Windows had a hiccup. What a piece of dumpster fire shit man. What it did was move that file one folder up into mods, so it kept loading in game. I had no idea it was there and thought the entire game was corrupt lol so yeah I deleted my post because I didn't want anyone else to have that same problem. The problem was Windows 10 fucked me hard like a hooker on angel dust AND crack. Bitch had a bullwhip too
Anyways the simulation mod I upped earlier does work but imma test it a bunch more before I share it again. And my game is fine just not going to ever use that undo again. Nope

rosecross

Apr 5, 2020
This may have something to do with the wait- from the Brookheights BETA version 0.3 Changelog: "Due to several leaks recently, a new hidden security feature has been added to the BETA 0.3 when you download it."

*Gasp!* Those damned leakers! How would one even circumvent this "security feature" to leak it and remain anonymous? What if said dreamer leaked the PDFs and URLs that lead directly to the download? That'd never work, right? And even if it did, the creator would just constantly change the URLs or revert to the tedious "message me for your download" system, right? RIGHT?!?
How ridiculous. I'll never understand why any creator with over two thousand patrons gives a shit about leaking. You have more than enough patrons that are bankrolling your lifestyle that it isn't like leAkErS are stealing income that you need to survive, why the hell does it matter to you? Like at all? And Arnie has more than SIX FUCKING THOUSAND of them!

There's no excuse for this kind of overly paranoid behavior. All it does is make them look petty and stupid, make leakers more determined to find a way around their silly ass "security measures", and inconvenience their actual patrons; you know, those people who are kind enough to be throwing them some damn money.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019
How ridiculous. I'll never understand why any creator with over two thousand patrons gives a shit about leaking. You have more than enough patrons that are bankrolling your lifestyle that it isn't like leAkErS are stealing income that you need to survive, why the hell does it matter to you? Like at all? And Arnie has more than SIX THOUSAND of them!

There's no excuse for this kind of overly paranoid behavior. All it does is make them look petty and stupid, make leakers more determined to find a way around your silly ass "security measures", and inconvenience your actual patrons; you know, those people who are kind enough to be throwing you money.
Everyone seems to be in it for a quick buck. I truly wish we could thrive in an open-source code environment and share the wealth around for all to contribute, benefit, and enjoy. It's a GAME after all.

His Patreon post, prior to the Beta 0.3 announcement, included links to the leaked files in an effort to enlist help to get them removed. He's a moron for broadcasting these avenues to his patrons because I guarantee he's just unintentionally clued in the masses to the seedier/more economical options awaiting them with a little patience.

I, personally, only pledged with the intent to quell our mass curiosities over all the initial Brookheights hype. I played with the first two releases for a few days, grew bored, and uninstalled it. I'm sitting on the Brookheights Beta 0.3 files with no intention or desire to even use them.

Feb 27, 2020
Everyone seems to be in it for a quick buck. I truly wish we could thrive in an open-source code environment and share the wealth around for all to contribute, benefit, and enjoy. It's a GAME after all.
I agree 100% which is why anything scripting I will post. The more ppl know how to do things the more good and free mods there will be... Time to bust open all those tight lipped secrets

Oh and I also posted earlier but got deleted that if anyone wants me to look at the Brookheights zip to see how to clean it up for a share here DM me privately with the file & details and I'll see what I can do. I have little interest in this mod anymore after finding out what it really is but others might want it.

Byrnie

Apr 13, 2018

Security feature? First of all, it's Beta, why people would pay to Beta test something, well that's another can of fucking worms.....second...that sounds pretty f-ing shady to me. To take the time to implement a security measure (or scare people into thinking you did). Sounds like someone is getting the youtubers hyped, driving higher tiered patreon subscriptions to drag out a lot of pretty painted promises. I believe one of his quotes was "if you think this is going to be Sims 3, well it is...." he's making it sound like he's essentially solved all problems with the game, added open world, cars, all the features people have been bitching about....promising all the things that couldn't be done by a multi-billion dollar software company (EA, not Maxis, well both whatever).

If I had $20, instead of subscribing to his patreon, I'd wager it on this being a "hype and grab" cash opportunity.

Security, wtf, he's going to make all these other idiots want to buy his security program to protect their interpretations of EA intellectual property.

Sorry rambling, this shit just hurts my head. Everything is ass backwards. "Hi, I would love to pay you to test your software, where can i sign up?".....Corporate intellectual property being safeguarded from legal leaking by new propriatary security methods. This method is probably like when my grandpa used to put the stickers from alarm companies in his windows "Protected by blah blah" no one would risk it. Why bother buying the full alarm when the unknown is just as effective deterrent.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Security feature? First of all, it's Beta, why people would pay to Beta test something, well that's another can of fucking worms.....second...that sounds pretty f-ing shady to me. To take the time to implement a security measure (or scare people into thinking you did). Sounds like someone is getting the youtubers hyped, driving higher tiered patreon subscriptions to drag out a lot of pretty painted promises. I believe one of his quotes was "if you think this is going to be Sims 3, well it is...." he's making it sound like he's essentially solved all problems with the game, added open world, cars, all the features people have been bitching about....promising all the things that couldn't be done by a multi-billion dollar software company (EA, not Maxis, well both whatever).

If I had $20, instead of subscribing to his patreon, I'd wager it on this being a "hype and grab" cash opportunity.

Security, wtf, he's going to make all these other idiots want to buy his security program to protect their interpretations of EA intellectual property.

Sorry rambling, this shit just hurts my head. Everything is ass backwards. "Hi, I would love to pay you to test your software, where can i sign up?".....Corporate intellectual property being safeguarded from legal leaking by new propriatary security methods. This method is probably like when my grandpa used to put the stickers from alarm companies in his windows "Protected by blah blah" no one would risk it. Why bother buying the full alarm when the unknown is just as effective deterrent.

I seem to recall a similar scam a little more than a year ago where a guy was claiming a revolutionary change to Sims 4. (There's post here about it way back, but I'm sure some will remember.) Anyway, it was also cross posted on LL about it being a new graphics engine with all sort of amazing features... He started a Patreon, and as I understand it, some bit. Long story short, it quickly became vaporware and was never heard of again. I put this new "open world" in the same category. Bullshit... Wonder if it's the same guy? ROFL....

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
Security feature?
REPORT HIS ASS TO EA! (BUT will it do any good or maybe get enough attention for a cease and desist order?) I know I read somewhere that adding "security mechanisms" to CC is definitely against TOS and I imagine it could be worthy of a LAWSUIT! I doubt he is sending out individualized copies but I would be interested to know what this "feature" is... I am short on cash this week... maybe on the next run... I believe he plans to make it public once finished so having security bloat in his mod will definitely make it unattractive to avid simmers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes