Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

keylee

May 1, 2020
Don't laugh people, my mod folder is a humble 5.7 gigs and I will do a major culling this coming weekend. I prefer Maxis Match content but will use some alpha if it blends in. I will only keep additions that I will actually use and toss out the rest. I also spend a lot of time optimizing (removing swatches I do not want) my mods. Example: a skin which once weighed in at 100 megs would now be 2 and converted to work with MM. I should put up a tutorial on how I do that one day...
It will be great to see it! My Mods folder weighs 96 GB and I hardly play the Sims 4, but I regularly update it and add new mods. I take beautiful screenshots.:p
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shaya2012

Mar 14, 2020
Don't laugh people, my mod folder is a humble 5.7 gigs and I will do a major culling this coming weekend. I prefer Maxis Match content but will use some alpha if it blends in. I will only keep additions that I will actually use and toss out the rest. I also spend a lot of time optimizing (removing swatches I do not want) my mods. Example: a skin which once weighed in at 100 megs would now be 2 and converted to work with MM. I should put up a tutorial on how I do that one day...
I did a culling two days. I'm a huge fan of Alpha CC but the files are just larger than maxi match so I've deleted most of my alpha ccs and got rid of some mods and now my folder stands at 22.1GB :eek: Makes me wonder what it was before The Culling

cooliek

Jul 16, 2019
Anyone got any of her animations especially this one

xxXXxxxn

Apr 7, 2020
me too. i don't want to make my new desktop explode in flames due to all of the mods i have .... well, not yet.

• Haha
Reactions: RainGolucky

Buffzilla

Apr 10, 2020
Oh my...I haven't been able to play all weekend, game wouldn't launch, it would crash during fix. I tried everything. At last I tried to take out all my mods and cc, worked, but couldn't play without, so I started putting it back in, a little by little ( over 150 GB ) and...the thing that broke my whole game...was a little decorative spellbook :cautious: So, from now on I will have a own folder for new stuff before I put it into different catergories. Never had a little piece of cc break so much before ;)

NikkieAngel

Apr 8, 2020
it would be really great, I download everything, I always open it on the s4s, and I explore, like I sometimes download a batch of 5gb because I'm interested in what comes and not in the batch, and I see, there are so many things repeated, and margin , that's why it weighs so much, after I scan everything I want and delete what I don't want, sometimes I have about 5 or 6 items around, sometimes the person downloads something extremely heavy, and won't check, look, to see if really everything matters, sometimes you just want the structure of a beautiful lot, and you decorate it your way, I myself are not so good at construction, and I always go down houses and establishments with cc free, if I cram with things it is to explore !

daledoe

Feb 10, 2018
I was curious and went to see it, I have 155gb, and I don’t have a big machine here, but there’s a difference between what goes into the game and what goes into the house, although the game reads all your cc, when it comes to playing, everything that stays in the house is not loaded into the game unless you use it, I disable it for random cc, so only my sims that I create, use CCs, unless I want to fix the neighborhood kkk, what will weigh is all your cc that you use at home, or in establishments, when I only used cc cas, now I have a lot, I always give a review and throw things away, especially when EA releases something and I prefer to keep it EA that will not weigh, than a high poly cc, has things that I separate, and I only put it on when I really intend to use it, and I get rid of things that I don't really use!
In the rest I keep it for when I need it!
[/QUO
my folder is at 40g and takes a few minutes to get past the load screen...use to be fast. gonna upgrade my memory soon i have room for more

NikkieAngel

Apr 8, 2020
I have 8gb of ram and 1t of HD, I want to update to at least a memory of 8gb because I have 2 of 4 there would be 1 of 4 and 1 of 8, I always had a lot of cc, but I don't have many mods.

Reactions: xxXXxxxn

loballer567

Jan 13, 2020
I don't know much about computer specs or anything but would anyone here suggest getting a SSD for my macbook pro? The sims run relatively well - at most in game lag, never more than 2 minutes for loading, and my mod folder is a little under 10gigs - but if I can make it faster that would be clutch.

xxXXxxxn

Apr 7, 2020
I don't know much about computer specs or anything but would anyone here suggest getting a SSD for my macbook pro? The sims run relatively well - at most in game lag, never more than 2 minutes for loading, and my mod folder is a little under 10gigs - but if I can make it faster that would be clutch.
yes!!! a ssd can make a huge difference for you

comfywit

May 4, 2020
My game doesnt take long to load but I have a nice gaming pc lol. So 30 gb is nothing for my setup! It is nice. Sims 3 on the other hand is trash on here for some reason, but it has always been trashy and laggy tbh.

Also does anyone have ? I didnt see them on yiff?

Reactions: Belondin

꧁KymJoh꧂

Oct 6, 2019
Oh my...I haven't been able to play all weekend, game wouldn't launch, it would crash during fix. I tried everything. At last I tried to take out all my mods and cc, worked, but couldn't play without, so I started putting it back in, a little by little ( over 150 GB ) and...the thing that broke my whole game...was a little decorative spellbook :cautious: So, from now on I will have a own folder for new stuff before I put it into different catergories. Never had a little piece of cc break so much before ;)
Thts what I do, let them hang around that folder for about a week and then move them into their respective folders. Makes it easier to track down that rascal causing the crash.

marcMiller

May 16, 2019
So anyone have a clue what causes some sims to have wickedwhims icon as faces/heads? Meaning their head is replaced by a giant wickedwhims purple heart icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes