Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2020
EA in a nutshell

BTW on the subject of Dawn of the Dead, zombies and shopping malls... Everyone ready for something better coming this winter?
After I get my script mods completed I have plans to recreate the Monroeville Mall and give you better zombies. More gruesome and more horrifying than what we have now. Basically the WickedWhims of gore and horror haha. For those interested...

buhakejuzo

Apr 23, 2019
Don't laugh people, my mod folder is a humble 5.7 gigs and I will do a major culling this coming weekend. I prefer Maxis Match content but will use some alpha if it blends in. I will only keep additions that I will actually use and toss out the rest. I also spend a lot of time optimizing (removing swatches I do not want) my mods. Example: a skin which once weighed in at 100 megs would now be 2 and converted to work with MM. I should put up a tutorial on how I do that one day...
I did a culling two days. I'm a huge fan of Alpha CC but the files are just larger than maxi match so I've deleted most of my alpha ccs and got rid of some mods and now my folder stands at 22.1GB :eek: Makes me wonder what it was before The Culling

First thanks to all the guys who upload stuff to yiff and mega.

According to post it seems the poly count of cc is a major factor in reducing performance even though it is for sims 2 it should also be true for sims 4. There seems to be some really high poly count stuff created these days compared to couple of years ago. There are like 20k, 30k ploy count clothing cc that i have come across, which seem to be way more higher than actually required.

I tried the method mentioned in post on a few stuff, but it is a tedious job to go around reducing the the poly count of several items and for example when 30k + item was reduced to around 15k it looked terrible in game. So i just gave up and instead try to avoid cc with a very high poly count although there are some really cool stuff around that looks nice in the game.

Feb 27, 2020
According to post it seems the poly count of cc is a major factor in reducing performance
Yeah I've been working with this lately trying to come up with solutions. Most of my problems lie in simulation lag more than graphics lag though but poly count of objects used in routing DOES have a huge impact on lag. Idk about clothes or other CAS items though. That I gather would be graphical. It's a pain in the ass but in blender there is a script that reduces poly count. Can't think off the top of my head which one. I used it a long time ago to "shrink" an item I couldn't do without but in most cases I try to find something else.

Also guys on another subject. The time cheat I added to my mod it REVERSES TIME. I didn't realize this until today. I went back in time a few hours. Nothing bad happened yet lol. I'll test it more to be sure...

Yeah I've been working with this lately trying to come up with solutions. Most of my problems lie in simulation lag more than graphics lag though but poly count of objects used in routing DOES have a huge impact on lag. Idk about clothes or other CAS items though. That I gather would be graphical. It's a pain in the ass but in blender there is a script that reduces poly count. Can't think off the top of my head which one. I used it a long time ago to "shrink" an item I couldn't do without but in most cases I try to find something else.

Also guys on another subject. The time cheat I added to my mod it REVERSES TIME. I didn't realize this until today. I went back in time a few hours. Nothing bad happened yet lol. I'll test it more to be sure...
Already found it won't work as expected. Sims 4 engine is 100% based around what time it is because of again LAZY LAZY programming. A modular approach would be to base it on cpu timing like an operating system does. Which is why when you reverse your clock in Windows or any other OS it doesnt PAUSE EVERYTHING LOL. Yeah so no interactions are met or animations occur until time gets back to the point it left off. Going back two hours basically freezes time for two hours. The sun moves at least but everything else is in suspended animation.

Last edited:

rev22x20

Apr 19, 2018
Here is the some of the cinerotique mp4 files. Not the newest files. I briefly had a patreon account before being kicked off.
Can't download it. The download gets stuck at 42%. I think the file is way too big for the free MEGA download.

bdxb8912

Jun 3, 2019
Don't laugh people, my mod folder is a humble 5.7 gigs and I will do a major culling this coming weekend. I prefer Maxis Match content but will use some alpha if it blends in. I will only keep additions that I will actually use and toss out the rest. I also spend a lot of time optimizing (removing swatches I do not want) my mods. Example: a skin which once weighed in at 100 megs would now be 2 and converted to work with MM. I should put up a tutorial on how I do that one day...
Is there a quicker way to sort through and cull mods? Currently, I'm individually going down a list in Sims4Studio to actually see the cc and deleting stuff I don't need but with over 40gb of mods it's an extremely dull process.

Reactions: verdedast
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes