Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
is what you want. Make a sim that wears only stuff you wish to get rid of and SAVE IT. Then make a LOT with CC you do not want and save it as well. Open in tray importer and you can directly find the mods you marked for deletion. I cover this and other dirty tricks mentioned on my tutorial thread. See link in my signature.
Is there a quicker way to sort through and cull mods? Currently, I'm individually going down a list in Sims4Studio to actually see the cc and deleting stuff I don't need but with over 40gb of mods it's an extremely dull process.

Shaya2012

Mar 14, 2020
First thanks to all the guys who upload stuff to yiff and mega.

According to post it seems the poly count of cc is a major factor in reducing performance even though it is for sims 2 it should also be true for sims 4. There seems to be some really high poly count stuff created these days compared to couple of years ago. There are like 20k, 30k ploy count clothing cc that i have come across, which seem to be way more higher than actually required.

I tried the method mentioned in post on a few stuff, but it is a tedious job to go around reducing the the poly count of several items and for example when 30k + item was reduced to around 15k it looked terrible in game. So i just gave up and instead try to avoid cc with a very high poly count although there are some really cool stuff around that looks nice in the game.
How do you know the poly count of cc before downloading it because CC makers tend not to add that information.

Reactions: ducky413

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Ok it didn't replace their head, it was a hat but I couldn't find it in the hat category. They also have invisible outift on.
As I understand it, this has to do with a glitch in WW when it attempts to create a peeping sim. You can pretty much fix it by turning off WW peeping sims from spawning. (You can still keep peeping active, and create your own to do the peeping.)

Reactions: marcMiller

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
How do you know the poly count of cc before downloading it because CC makers tend not to add that information.
You don't! But the file size of the content should be a good indicator. A clothing article should not be more than 2Mb (maybe 3-4Mb for a fancy wedding dress) many great outfits I have found are less than 1MB even with a few swatches. But when you have a clothing article that is over 5MB, that should set off a red flag... the only way to know for sure is to examine the content in S4S. See the SPOILER: CC LEVEL OF DETAIL on my tutorial thread linked in my signature.

ducky413

Mar 27, 2019
hey guys. i have 80gb of mods, and cut down my mods folder to about 35gb to play the game. alas, it's still way too slow to play. i really need a new pc lol. i'd have more than 80gb honestly if i didn't chop a bunch of cc to make the game open faster. i also use sims4studio to merge packages to make the game load faster. without merging, it takes like.... 3-4 hours to open the game. no joke. i thought i might have some broken cc, but it really just took THAT long to open without merging all my files. i also haven't updated my game since like april, since dwp has been down, i don't wanna be without any of my essential mods. still sad about dwp shutting down. i've been using the site for like, 2+ years, and ofc greedy people had to ruin it for everyone :mad: myobi and lynx were some of my faves lol.

right now i'm just trying to figure out how to make my game playable without sacrificing my gorgeous build mode cc. i really love clutter but may just have to get rid of most of it. i imagine my pc can't handle the amount of objects in one household. i actually did this yesterday, getting rid of a bunch of clutter, but ended up force-quitting the game before i could save the household because it was just sooo painfully slow.

Feb 27, 2020
Currently working on making all interactions visible. Although making them all icons seems a bit too much work I was able to write up code to list them in a menu for all sims on lot and you can pick or choose which to remove. All interactions will be listed inc hidden ones. Stuck interactions? Just use this. However the animation sequence has to complete before the interaction actually clears out. Also if there is a problem with letting the sequence of events complete for an interaction, I might have to come up with a soft reset for a sim that doesn't force them to cancel EVERYTHING. Only that interaction. See pics below

ducky413

Mar 27, 2019
on that note... i have a very large chunk of files dled from dwp before it went down. i got rid of a lot of them but still have a good amount. i guess lmk if anyone wants a creator's cc and i can see what i have.

• Red Heart
Reactions: trulyfabulous

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
still sad about dwp shutting down. i've been using the site for like, 2+ years, and ofc greedy people had to ruin it for everyone
This community is continually evolving... Yes, DWP closed and PMBD stopped updating BUT we have a great alternative: The Yiff Party Directory. We have several members who contribute to that project. There is also the folder and you can still get stuff from archives. Just like HYDRA, cut off one head and 2 more grow in it's place LOL!

ducky413

Mar 27, 2019
This community is continually evolving... Yes, DWP closed and PMBD stopped updating BUT we have a great alternative: The Yiff Party Directory. We have several members who contribute to that project. There is also the folder and you can still get stuff from archives. Just like HYDRA, cut off one head and 2 more grow in it's place LOL!
took me a couple hours of searching to find that out lol, but thank you anyway for telling me! hopefully in the future when I get a regular job, I can try contributing some of my own files! or just get a computer than can actually handle blender and learn to make my OWN cc... *thinking face*

edit: I must say I'm shocked and impressed by how fast yiff's download time is. files download instantaneously. wow.

Last edited:

Moonny

May 12, 2018
Creators that know what they are doing usually put the poly count on the description.
MM pieces should be fine. Most of the time they're edits or a mix of Maxis meshes, so they will have a low/reasonable polycount unless they have mixed a lot of elements and the resulting piece is too complex.
If the cc is alpha and the creator doesn't indicate the polycount anywhere, it should set off a red flag... They probably have no idea about any of that stuff, don't care, don't think it's important, or they know it's too high and they're tyring to hide it.

There's also some visual telling signs that can help you identify a high-poly mesh:
  • 3D straps, belts, bows, frill, wrinkles, etc. This one doesn't always result in a high-poly mesh, but it adds to it (specially frill), and it shouldn't be overabused.
  • Furr/fluffy parts that are made of lots of tiny parts instead of a solid piece with texture.
  • Noticeable zig-zag effect on edges that should be smooth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes