Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

YawnYoureBoring

Apr 2, 2020
Based on what I see on this forum and on Reddit, that is not true in 99% of cases :ROFLMAO:
The problem with the internet is that those lacking common sense are often the loudest and most visible. This unfortunately can give the illusion that their behaviors are those of the vast majority. They're not. There are a lot of good sensible people out there, I assure you. They just aren't all on Reddit or this forum.

Jun 26, 2018
Oooook....so after reading literally 30 pages from 660 to 705 (when I was last on here) A LOT has happened, websites have gone, discords have come and gone. Community infighting (actually common for the Sims since the second game released) but what REALLY stood out the most to me - was how BLOODY complicated using mods for this game has become.

I don't mean like just putting them into your game but how MANY there are, conflicts and bloating all of that. Even animation packs sound like they should come with a readme file in how to activate certain animations or CC they need.

This is crazy honestly. It makes me almost want to avoid mods and just stick to CC I need or like. I'm even scared to use WW now because of savegame issues and I REALLY wish somebody would make an animator that simply PLAYS all the animations made for it - kind of like a pose player.

I mean how hard would that be for a some skilled mod maker to make?

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Any chance you have AMD graphics card and updated Radeon Software recently? Currently it has one of hotkeys involved with video capture tied to same combo as a default, and it takes precedence over Sims 4 hotkey. If that is the case, you need to go radeon software options to remove or change that hotkey.

So far I'm hitting this advice with 100% accuracy.
Yes... That controls the camera on the Radeon software. You can change the hotkey from Adrenalin by going to hotkeys... I did, and simply removed the hotkey since I don't use that function anyway. Forgot all about that one. Thanks for the reminder.

freesimblr

Apr 1, 2020
I was definitely impressed by how politely you were answering all of the anonymous asks. Especially as I imagine the majority were from people who didn't realise they had to ask privately, and were not deliberately trying to bypass your rules.

As for the images, what I meant was that the website itself will not display images, unlike how DWP was set up to show you what you were downloading before actually having to download the file. I believe that the .zip files on the new website still contain images of what the files are, but you still have to download these .zip files in order to have access to the image file. Therefore, it doesn't make the new site that much different to using a SFS directory, because the new site is literally just a list of file names.

I will keep an eye on the new site to see if any changes are made, but I doubt it. After observing the way you are handling your files and the people wanting to access them I feel more inclined to want to use your site over the official alternative to DWP. I also completely understand and respect the need to keep the link private. In fact, I think it's far smarter than having a public site that people can target. I found your email address off your tumblr and will email you now. Perhaps you might like to create a FAQ page on your tumblr or something, so that people understand the rules to access the SFS folder, and maybe link to your email address as an alternative.
We're basically going into this knowing this is an international game and a lot of the people who come to us might not understand things we are saying, so we treat every anon as such. We're considering ways to change things so people know without having to do too much digging to find information. We've only been up for a few days so we're still testing different ways to get our information out there. I'm thinking we'll end up making a custom ask page where we can just have the FAQ attached to the page instead of the title of the ask, but that still doesn't help mobile users too much. We'll get it eventually!

I totally understand what you mean now, SFS doesn't allow the uploading of images themselves so there isn't a way to get around that one unless it's uploaded inside a .zip file. I do think the interface of SFS is a little more user friendly and doesn't look like a dead page.

Keeping it private just makes it so that creators don't really have a legit place to report a ton of things. I have a handful of SFS invite codes on hand so if the account does get taken down I'm just ready to make a new account and restart. Thank you for the suggestions as well! We appreciate the feedback so we know what we can do to improve our accessibility.

xC0C0A

Nov 23, 2018
I must disagree. When you're shelling out cash for something you're more likely to tell it like it is- negative or not. Those enjoying something for free usually take what they can get and shut up. Usually...
Honest question: I notice you frequently moan about the same mod. Why don't you just play without it? Everybody wins.
But we're paying for all the packs that Maxis/EA releases right? And we bitch and moan about the lack of content. For someone that pays for a product, its ok to express frustration. Negative reviews exist for a reason :)

dalemonhead

Nov 30, 2017
Dude, you can turn that off...
I know, but what bothers me is that it doesn't work like regular autonomy, where autonomous actions get cancelled if you queue up manual ones. So if a sim has been recording a sex video and I want them to stop recording right afterwards, the damn thing will still insist on spending an hour on post-coital chit-chat unless I manually cancel out of it.

But there are times when those conversations are fine (e.g. when the sex isn't work related), which is why I don't want to turn it off - I want it to work properly.

That said, my point was that there are plenty of things that could work better in WW, but that doesn't mean I constantly moan about them in public ;)

Reactions: theaterlover124
Mar 15, 2020
We're basically going into this knowing this is an international game and a lot of the people who come to us might not understand things we are saying, so we treat every anon as such. We're considering ways to change things so people know without having to do too much digging to find information. We've only been up for a few days so we're still testing different ways to get our information out there. I'm thinking we'll end up making a custom ask page where we can just have the FAQ attached to the page instead of the title of the ask, but that still doesn't help mobile users too much. We'll get it eventually!

I totally understand what you mean now, SFS doesn't allow the uploading of images themselves so there isn't a way to get around that one unless it's uploaded inside a .zip file. I do think the interface of SFS is a little more user friendly and doesn't look like a dead page.

Keeping it private just makes it so that creators don't really have a legit place to report a ton of things. I have a handful of SFS invite codes on hand so if the account does get taken down I'm just ready to make a new account and restart. Thank you for the suggestions as well! We appreciate the feedback so we know what we can do to improve our accessibility.
I'm sure you will figure it out! It's good that you're considering the end user in all this. Also, thanks again for the link!

roseli

Mar 19, 2020
oh of course. how come I never thought of that...
Well, I apologise for my very vague answer. If you took the time to explore, I think you'd find it.

But here it is - I hope this answers your conundrum :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And in the Autonomy settings - You can check intensity presets, autonomy triggers, etc etc :)

Ubtsha

Jun 15, 2017
So it looks like the site closed because of users complaining? Not even a cease and desist from some random modder? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes