Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TiŊaSŊow

Sep 28, 2019
Holy crap. You need to buy a decent SSD if that's the load time you're getting. I know it's easy to say 'just buy this piece of hardware' but seriously, I've got just under 100GB of mods and my load times from desktop to household is two minutes at most.
Really? I have 1 TB SSD, but I was scared to put my sims on it. Mainly because I had to actually send my SSD in for repair after the first few months of use. Constant writing to it diminishes it's life, and I am constantly changing my TS4 files. Is your documents folder on the SSD as well or just the main install?

BoopEveryNose

Aug 28, 2020
Really? I have 1 TB SSD, but I was scared to put my sims on it. Mainly because I had to actually send my SSD in for repair after the first few months of use. Constant writing to it diminishes it's life, and I am constantly changing my TS4 files. Is your documents folder on the SSD as well or just the main install?
Both are on my SSD. I've had my oldest SSD since 2015 with over 10.15TB written and there hasn't been any issues with it. Just remember that read operations are not damaging to your SSD's flash chips, it's the write operations that actually cause wear. But as I've mentioned, I've written over 10TB on my main SSD and according to Samsung Magician, it's still in 'GOOD' SMART status. I have three other SSDs, one of which is a 'QVM' drive which is a budget-drive and that has over 6TB writes no problem, and my WesternDigital Blue which is the newest drive. So far, no issues with any of them. My WD SSD is my backup.

violetpoof

Aug 14, 2020
Holy crap. You need to buy a decent SSD if that's the load time you're getting. I know it's easy to say 'just buy this piece of hardware' but seriously, I've got just under 100GB of mods and my load times from desktop to household is two minutes at most.
I have an SSD;;; it kinda dislodged somehow years ago and I never got around to rewiring it back so I left it for the poor basic hard drive to take the brunt of the pain that is the sims. I’m fairly sure my laptop is at its last legs as I haven’t been able to change its fx since the middle of the year before last. Which bothers me greatly since I’ve only had this unit a little over 6 years. I’m torn, really.

Feb 27, 2020
Time to make the release look a bit more professional... lol

Hospital Command Center v1.03 beta
This is a pure scripting mod with slight tuning that will eventually replace the active medical career and allow you toplay it off the career lot in any venue. It offers the following features as of now:

*Assign coworkers to various departments (Doctor, Nurse, Orderly, Receptionist)
*Assign NPC to patient and cure
*Mass assign NPC's and player sims to the medical career
*Mass teleport (50 sims max) to anyplace on lot while selecting an object
*Mass select and unselect sims to play & control
*Assign NPC Barista or Bartender to work on lot bypassing the game's limited selection
*All Front Desks have interactions that can be used by anyone to man them
*Force all sims on lot to vacate immediately, by selection or all at once
*Force sims the game is pushing off lot to stay. All or by selection
*Group up to 50 sims without using clubs
*Several debugging features like
-----Reloading of all mod scripts
-----Deleting all sims inventories on or off lot
-----Mass deleting sims on or off lot
-----Mass resetting sims on lot
-----Several cheat commands (ld.siminfo & ld.set_time)
-----ld.set_time in hours minutes and seconds and it works!

(REQUIREMENTS)
Get to Work obviously
ControlAnySim

(DEVELOPER NOTES)
*Currently looking to fix the career tuning so it no longer uses the game's active career files. Making it seperate. As of now this mod will interfere with the doctor career and possibly break advancement.
*Several fixes to rolestates of sims being pushed off lot by spawning. Sims so far seem to remain on lot without leaving. Need to write a permanent fix.
*Working on more medical jobs like Pathologist & possibly EMT's that can drive an ambulance/show up when a sim dies or is hurt instead of the grim reaper.
*Working toward this being a module of a much larger project The Roles and Careers Architect, name subject to change. But what this will comprise is every career in game and rabbit hole careers built up to now can be made active and assigned to any lot. Also subject to change but it looks very promising this will happen!
*I notice a huge lag/pause in the game when teleporting more than 8 sims, like 15 or 20 and there is a few seconds the game will not respond processing this. Adding threading didn't help. It should have helped but I think much of the processing takes up 100% of the cores running so it doesn't do shit. There is no workaround I can think of. Just so you know.
*Sit here together is a literal broken piece of shit. It's written for LESS than 8 sims, like fuckin 2. Thats on the top of my list to change next update. I want sims to sit the fuck down anywhere and I think if I change the range on vacant chairs it should be fixed...
*I keep finding out new shit as the night goes on. Interactions. There are a fucking TON of these that are hidden and some of them get stuck because they have a timer set for way too long or a situation is never met. They need to be able to cancel out. And I know how, of course by clearing the que in python but I have a better idea. Give them all icons in the que so you can see just what your sim is up to and cancel that dumb shit right away!. That's also next & will be included in the next update...

(SPECIAL THANKS AND CREDITS)
scumbumbo
TitanNano
& deaderpool
For use of various scripts in examples online and decompiled code. It's their code not mine but it comprises only a small percentage. The rest I wrote.

Currently in testing phase by only me so please feel free to give feedback!

Last edited:

rev22x20

Apr 19, 2018
Do you have the updated version (game,cinerotique files)? do you have the raw/reality files? If you have raw/reality files without the control files that might cause issues, if you have all three channels replacing the same channel on the tv that could cause issues.

Tested random channels. one of the raw files (which came from yiff) did cause a lock up. (lezz i humped the devil, or basketball one).

Never had issues with the advertising ones (other persons issue).

I have the "CinErotique_MainMod_Assets" file, the regular one that replaces the romance channel, the RAW replaces the fireplace channel and the reality replaces the news channel.

I had trouble with that "humped the devil" one as well and another that I can't remember right now; I removed it quite a while ago.

and still, the TV will freeze.

I will just continue using the ones from MEGA and the low quality ones CinErotique uploads to LoversLab as a handout.

WickedBanana

Nov 9, 2019
Just out of curiosity, and please forgive me if I sound rude, but why are there so little MM creators on yiff? I have a hard time understanding written instructions as a tutorial, is there a video explaining how to gain access and upload these patreon accounts to yiff? I am a pledger so I would have access to creator pages.

NikkieAngel

Apr 8, 2020
I was curious and went to see it, I have 155gb, and I don’t have a big machine here, but there’s a difference between what goes into the game and what goes into the house, although the game reads all your cc, when it comes to playing, everything that stays in the house is not loaded into the game unless you use it, I disable it for random cc, so only my sims that I create, use CCs, unless I want to fix the neighborhood kkk, what will weigh is all your cc that you use at home, or in establishments, when I only used cc cas, now I have a lot, I always give a review and throw things away, especially when EA releases something and I prefer to keep it EA that will not weigh, than a high poly cc, has things that I separate, and I only put it on when I really intend to use it, and I get rid of things that I don't really use!
In the rest I keep it for when I need it!

TiŊaSŊow

Sep 28, 2019
Both are on my SSD. I've had my oldest SSD since 2015 with over 10.15TB written and there hasn't been any issues with it. Just remember that read operations are not damaging to your SSD's flash chips, it's the write operations that actually cause wear. But as I've mentioned, I've written over 10TB on my main SSD and according to Samsung Magician, it's still in 'GOOD' SMART status. I have three other SSDs, one of which is a 'QVM' drive which is a budget-drive and that has over 6TB writes no problem, and my WesternDigital Blue which is the newest drive. So far, no issues with any of them. My WD SSD is my backup.
Wow...that's a long time. Guess I have been worried for nothing. Mine is a Samsung as well. I have had my setup this way so long..maybe I can get another one to try out the complete Sims install on it. Thanks for the info!!

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
Don't laugh people, my mod folder is a humble 5.7 gigs and I will do a major culling this coming weekend. I prefer Maxis Match content but will use some alpha if it blends in. I will only keep additions that I will actually use and toss out the rest. I also spend a lot of time optimizing (removing swatches I do not want) my mods. Example: a skin which once weighed in at 100 megs would now be 2 and converted to work with MM. I should put up a tutorial on how I do that one day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes