Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LingTing2323

Jun 25, 2020
i don't merge. i remove special characters and spaces in the file name and untick that mods checklist that pops up. 25GB of cc loads in like 2 minutes.

but it depends on your pc specs and memory.
Thank you! im gonna try doing that for my cc going forward. goodlord. i dont even know how i amassed this much

Telonidas

Jul 25, 2020
i don't merge. i remove special characters and spaces in the file name and untick that mods checklist that pops up. 25GB of cc loads in like 2 minutes.

What do you mean by "merge". Sorry if it sounds ridiculous but i dont understand how do you run in 2 min with 25Gb of CC i take 10-15min with 30Gb right now and my pc is:

Can you explain it a bit please?

D

Deleted member 3137218

Thank you! im gonna try doing that for my cc going forward. goodlord. i dont even know how i amassed this much
i use this to go through all my folders

i mostly just use it for cc. i find the characters that mess up the build/buy catalog are like the curly brackets {} and any forward or back slash. removing them or replacing them with a plain dash helped speed up my build/buy catalog (along with CAS) so much!

also be sure to remove any extra swatches that you know you won't use with certain cc files.

D

Deleted member 3137218

What do you mean by "merge". Sorry if it sounds ridiculous but i dont understand how do you run in 2 min with 25Gb of CC i take 10-15min with 30Gb right now and my pc is:

Can you explain it a bit please?
if you merge your cc into ONE file (with sims 4 studio. there's an option to do it in there) vs your pc loading individual files, it makes loading a bit faster.
i don't do it bc if there's an issue with one piece of cc, it's hell finding what the culprit is and the last exception mod can't comb merged files.

it's much easier for me esp with my type of gameplay to organize by creator and delete any and every extraneous character. it keeps cas and build/buy loading quickly and my big clutter lots/rooms load faster too.

also those specs are NICE lol. i'm here chugging with an overclocked r5 2600x and i'm doing fine so far.

mimsy

Jun 27, 2019
Nov 4, 2020
Omg, make sure if y’all are bulk renaming to at least leave a space for the creator’s name for easy searching and sorting.

Something like this, maybe:

Darte77_bottomjeansdecpatreon

Removing spaces and special characters is like... my biggest gripe when it comes to sorting/organizing cc for safe keeping - I’ve been amassing my mega library and I’m like... why. The game doesn’t slow down that much with a few special characters (as such, I don’t rename any of mine and keep all spaces/special charas) - it’s a matter of allowing the game to run without relist everything in your mods folder.

flescu

Jan 31, 2017

Holy..... unticking the checklist brought me down from about 4 min for 35GB to less than 30 seconds. Couldn't believe it, thought was probably cached and restarted the machine and sims 3 times. Always the same speed. There seems no downside afterwards like a slow running game which is loading the stuff which wasn't loaded with the list. Seemes it's simply the long list slowing stuff down.

I don't remove special characters by the way but use this tool
Brought me down from 25GB to 15GB when i first used it by finding all files i had downloaded multiple times and all the other wrong stuff (archives, pictures,.......) i had copied into the mods folder.

And restarted a fourth time. I still can't believe the loading time.

Last edited:

LonelySpice

Oct 25, 2020
I'm so thankful for you guys!!!! I am struggling in real life with alot especially financially so im sorry that I can not donate at this time... But I've been going back through the pages I missed and my Lord, you guys are angels for real. Its not only the cc but the giving spirits you guys have. Thank you again.<3333

D

Deleted member 3137218

Omg, make sure if y’all are bulk renaming to at least leave a space for the creator’s name for easy searching and sorting.

Something like this, maybe:

Darte77_bottomjeansdecpatreon

Removing spaces and special characters is like... my biggest gripe when it comes to sorting/organizing cc for safe keeping - I’ve been amassing my mega library and I’m like... why. The game doesn’t slow down that much with a few special characters (as such, I don’t rename any of mine and keep all spaces/special charas) - it’s a matter of allowing the game to run without relist everything in your mods folder.
YES lol. i usually do creatorname_filenamehere.package as well! i forgot to mention that lol

Reactions: PXLdust
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes