3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
OK so now that the MC has got dick into the trifecta. Will we see combinations happening? Or is that not a part of this story going forward? I am not telling you what to add I am just curious what future "tags" to expect.

PEACE
Only time will tell...not saying nuttin...

Reactions: doe50818

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
It could be the desktop resolution ??? but Renpy is supposed to size to what desktop is set to ???
The crash happens because you want to play a new movie while another one is still playing. Don't ask me why that is an issue with only some people, I don't know. Modifying the script like this solved the crashing issue for me:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
Examples of wrong words? cant fix what your considering wrong good sir if we are not sure what you are considering wrong. :p

OK, took about 30 minutes to go back to the start and pull out some examples. Stopped after the scene with Bill & Deb alone in the pool together.

During the story you will see 'Orange text like this'. This is the Characters thoughts.
-characters should be character's

Brenda always dresses like she is going out on a date or clubbing. I will have to admit though she does wear some really nice and reveling transparent or semi transparent dresses that leave little to the imagination.
-reveling should be revealing

Yea, she turned off the main road, and was on the back way, and broke down, but she's here all save and sound now.
-save should be safe

Brenda, ya Dingbat! Your dress is up over your head, and your showing your ass to Bill. 'Again'
-your should be you're

Will shit. Wo much for that promotion. Now it back to just asshole. Oh well.
-Will should be Well
-it should be it's

Maybe the door is locked. Haha Everybody be quite.
-quite should be quiet

Byte me Brenda, just byte me. How long has it been since you be laid anyway, three years, or mre. What's with that
-byte should be bite (both instances)
-you should be you've (this might be intentional for slang?)

I guess I should have know. Looks like no hanky-panky in the morning. Shit.
-know should be known

I can dog peddle.
-peddle should be paddle

I bet she drowns you ass. Haha.
-you should be your

I'll hold you up and you do the peddling. OK
-peddling should be paddling

There were also instances of
some one --> someone
bath room --> bathroom
any thing --> anything

It got worse farther into the game. I'm not trying to be a dick. It's just a big distraction that could be trivially fixed. If you're serious about fixing it, I don't mind helping, but putting these examples together was tedious, which is not ideal for proof-reading. Note that there are punctuation and capitalization errors on nearly every... single... screen.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I'll see if I can find someone to help proof read before he uploads. I personally do not have time to proof read my own scripts hence why I have others helping me. I looked through this one and yea I can see some of them but I don't have time to go line by line.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
OK, took about 30 minutes to go back to the start and pull out some examples. Stopped after the scene with Bill & Deb alone in the pool together.

During the story you will see 'Orange text like this'. This is the Characters thoughts.

Brenda always dresses like she is going out on a date or clubbing. I will have to admit though she does wear some really nice and reveling transparent or semi transparent dresses that leave little to the imagination.

Yea, she turned off the main road, and was on the back way, and broke down, but she's here all save and sound now.
-save should be safe

Brenda, ya Dingbat! Your dress is up over your head, and your showing your ass to Bill. 'Again'
-your should be you're

-Will should be Well
-it should be it's

-quite should be quiet

Byte me Brenda, just byte me. How long has it been since you be laid anyway, three years, or mre. What's with that

-know should be known

I can dog peddle.
-peddle should be paddle

-you should be your

some one --> someone
bath room --> bathroom
any thing --> anything

It got worse farther into the game. I'm not trying to be a dick. It's just a big distraction that could be trivially fixed. If you're serious about fixing it, I don't mind helping, but putting these examples together was tedious, which is not ideal for proof-reading. Note that there are punctuation and capitalization errors on nearly every... single... screen.
Thanks for the input. ... I was dishearten to find out that shtt doesn't have two t's....
I know that I can't spell for shitt not a real surprise there. :) I also don't know that much about Renpy or how to code it in a lot of areas . But for now it is just the three of working on this project, Me, Myself, and I
I did make those few corrections in the script.

Reactions: Reifon

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Not to mention mixing up

you're with your
quite with quiet
quit instead of quiet
to instead of too
Holly instead of Holy
shrek instead of shriek

and that's only a bit of the new stuff just towards the end.

-save should be safe

-your should be you're

-Will should be Well
-it should be it's

-quite should be quiet

-know should be known

I can dog peddle.
-peddle should be paddle

-you should be your

some one --> someone
bath room --> bathroom
any thing --> anything

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
The crash happens because you want to play a new movie while another one is still playing. Don't ask me why that is an issue with only some people, I don't know. Modifying the script like this solved the crashing issue for me:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I added or corrected the lines that you mention. Other than the black screen with dissolve I saw no diff in the way it worked. It may fix the crash that others have had. It will be in the next update though. Thanks.
P.S.: That was line # 8601 and 8602 in script

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
and that's only a bit of the new stuff just towards the end.
Yeah, it got worse the farther I got into the game, which made it more fresh in my mind and why I commented in the first place. Given that every one of those words is a real word, but not the correct word for the sentence, it looks like a spellchecker was used but the user manually chose the wrong word and nobody ever actually proofread it.

The reason it's just so strange is because the game obviously attempts to use slang/accent/dialect which purposefully uses incorrect English, but then there are all of the unrelated errors in basic English writing. In some places, it's hard to imagine that the writer is not a native English speaker and in other places it's hard to imagine how the writer could be a native English speaker. It's so different from so many games where the writer is obviously not a native English speaker.

It kind of reminds me of a friend of mine in Germany. He lived next to an American army base for 20 years and had a lot of American friends. His American slang was perfect and he could read English, but when he wrote in English, it was like a 4th-grader would write.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
One of the original Dingbat sister Brenda. She didn't look right and certainly not 24 to 26 years old.

org brenda v1.jpg

TheRequestor

Apr 28, 2021
Do like the original signature post.

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/10/1470929_3.gif

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/10/1470927_22.gif

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/10/1470921_11.gif

Reactions: fortuna95

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
The update that I am working on at the moment is proving to be hardest to put together.
It has a little of the dreaded drama that I have been trying really hard to avoid. It is mild but there. The pool scenes actually took place over several weekends and about 8 to 10 months total, before beginning to settle, and calm down.
I am not totally happy with the flow of most of the update, but working on it. I am 230 renders into this update when I hit another wall with the time line. ... :( I have heard that everything has a good side ........ Hummmm I wonder if I was lied to .....Again. :)

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Still having dialogue flow issues. Trying to fit and mix several short events into one game day ( or afternoon ) is really proving to be a headache..... :( The scene setting is the easy part at the moment, but the dialogue is slowing to a near vapor lock.

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes