3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Still having dialogue flow issues. Trying to fit and mix several short events into one game day ( or afternoon ) is really proving to be a headache..... :( The scene setting is the easy part at the moment, but the dialogue is slowing to a near vapor lock.
Writer's block truly sucks! Feeling your pain. My advice is walk completely away for 24-48 hours. Sometimes works for me...

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Writer's block truly sucks! Feeling your pain. My advice is walk completely away for 24-48 hours. Sometimes works for me...
Yea I have done that twice already. Not just a block. Trying to put several events that happened at different times into a single set of scenes that play time is in a single afternoon is tough, and make it seem like a single event is near impossible.

Reactions: UncleFredo

krakos9

Sep 16, 2016
Trying to put several events that happened at different times into a single set of scenes that play time is in a single afternoon is tough, and make it seem like a single event is near impossible.
That's not a writer's block problem. that's a pacing problem.

Reactions: UncleFredo

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
MC - Here ya go. You did say something with lot's of girls.

tv-pt3.jpg

Brenda - This looks like it well be fun.
MC - Oh yea Red Heads, I'm in, and twins too.
Becky - Pervert. Just be sure to watch the screen and not Brenda's ass.

tv-pt3-1.jpg

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
MC - Here ya go. You did say something with lot's of girls.

tv-pt3.jpg

Brenda - This looks like it well be fun.
MC - Oh yea Red Heads, I'm in, and twins too.
Becky - Pervert. Just be sure to watch the screen and not Brenda's ass.

tv-pt3-1.jpg
Poor Becky would lose her mind if they where dropped in the middle of Severed realms and Lily started in hahahahaha.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I'm getting closer to an update, but still having dialog flow and pacing issues with this part. :( If I can get this all together so that it seems something on the order of in line and not so much scattered.. Working around the conflict is of course the hardest part,,, Ya know throw out the bad then make the little bit of good seem normal :) In other words 'Life' :)

Sort of makes me wonder why I chose an actual events type of story over a total fantasy story.... :) I think it would have been easer to rewrite Gone with the wind, but not shorter

Reactions: Burg and BTLD

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
tripod70
Playing your game now. Everything's good, story, renders, but only one thing - English. When I saw a mistake for the first time ('an' with next word beginning with consonant letter) I thought it was just mistype. Then another one and the next one... Especially 'knifes'. It's like I am in my 5th grade again (when I was 11) and my English teacher explains my first mistakes. And between these mistakes it's good text, it's pleasant to read.
I'm not native English speaker, that's my second language. I may not notice part of mistakes, especially ones I make myself, but that rookie-level stuff is seriously messing with game immersion. Maybe it's worth to use a proofreader? Your game has a good story flow and it will be good to not break my immersion in your game.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I will have to admit that you have totally lost me on that one. I did correct 'knifes' to 'knives'

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Working on uploading the next update V. 0.04.03a to Patreon now, and will be updating here an a few days. The scenes above are from this update.... :)

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Update should be out here in a little while (I hope)......

I know there is and will be grammatical errors as well as spelling. I am like the Scarecrow.... "If I only had a brain" Update notes and graphics will be updated when it hits.
This update is wordy and maybe even redundant a little. So what else is new :)

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent uploaded here ( ) and pre-seeded.
This unofficial release is modified to work on Windows/MacOS & Linux.
Ren'Py version: 7.4.4
Size: 977M
SHA1SUM: cc154abcddc7185b26e0dfbbe72761e331eec2ed
You can find additional information . If you find this useful, we have a too!
We have a thread here if you have any questions or requests!

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
I will have to admit that you have totally lost me on that one. I did correct 'knifes' to 'knives'
I downloaded game from here, last version on a time of my comment. There was knifes. And what about punctuation? Is it so hard to end a question with a question mark?
You see, I like to read. Pictures are a fine bonus. And when I read... I guess you don't know how it feels to read a foreign language written with many mistakes. Please, believe me, it's really hard and unpleasant.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I downloaded game from here, last version on a time of my comment. There was knifes. And what about punctuation? Is it so hard to end a question with a question mark?
You see, I like to read. Pictures are a fine bonus. And when I read... I guess you don't know how it feels to read a foreign language written with many mistakes. Please, believe me, it's really hard and unpleasant.
Sorry!
I do that I know quite often. I will try to find and correct that, or some of it at least. I got hung up on the "an" thing I think. Grammar is not a strong thing with me as you have noticed and I still think that shitt has two "t's" Doing this totally alone and as a sort of hobby to keep myself busy. Well it is doing just that keeping me busy. :) Any suggestions are greatly appreciated (Except going back to school. :) at 70+ age I don't see that happening. )

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes