chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
I've been really enjoying this game so far, lovely models for me, and a different storyline to a lot of the others.
I will say though with the inclusion of the water system it's starting to get a bit grinding keeping on top of water and food.

I'm currently trying to get water to max level and food store reasonable and that is taking pretty much all of my time.
you can edit your save and add food/water/fuel/wood just leave stats for mc and girls because you might miss scenes.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
How do I add water in the save file? I cant find it as a variable in SaveEditor...

As soon as I sleep I get message that I did not install water system and game over....
If you scroll back I uploaded some of my saves the 1st one is where the water quest starts, never had any issue just follow what main quest tells you then edit the save file, strange that you can't find the water variable I started new game and was already there, try my save and follow what main menu tells you after you done with quest then change variable to add water if I recall there's 3 water variables maybe 4 not sure, to get water fast and refill use well. If still have issuessend me your save let me look at it also make sure persistent file is there too, persistence file in same folder as saves last one(bottom)

skybarbie

Aug 18, 2022
I've read the last few forum pages about the water quest and I'm still not sure how to proceed. I get a game over since I don't have a water system. I have the well fully working but I'm not sure what the next steps are. I don't see any options to carry water back and forth or collect rain water or anything like that yet. I believe I'm on main quest 21. I'm suppose to be expecting a call from Jillian or Aidra that never comes.

Like others have mentioned, my save game only has one water variable. I believe new variables are added later on in the main quest.

water.jpg

Last edited:

Dannot Games

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
I've read the last few forum pages about the water quest and I'm still not sure how to proceed. I get a game over since I don't have a water system. I have the well fully working but I'm not sure what the next steps are. I don't see any options to carry water back and forth or collect rain water or anything like that yet. I believe I'm on main quest 21. I'm suppose to be expecting a call from Jillian or Aidra that never comes.

Like others have mentioned, my save game only has one water variable. I believe new variables are added later on in the main quest.

View attachment 2605128
There is a conflict between the water event & the first event of Aidra. Both could trigger at the same time, and you have a bug.
It will be resolved in v0.10.

The v0.10 is going to be a version with a lot of technical feature, to make the game more playable.

Reactions: poldy

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020

View attachment 2605128
Since Dev already told you what your problem is you might want to use my save, got it where water quest starts save 1,other saves are from start(3 of them with plenty resources) Just scroll back some pages till you see it, also ONLY check Main menu quests on phone,you get all the things you missing then when main quest says talk with the girl you might have to wait a few days after you done with the water quest

Dannot Games

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
I dont think using other one save is a good Idea. You will miss 6 events.
You can wait v0.10, to play the game. The water gameplay needs to be balanced

• Red Heart
Reactions: poldy and PapaPhat

skybarbie

Aug 18, 2022
There is a conflict between the water event & the first event of Aidra. Both could trigger at the same time, and you have a bug.
It will be resolved in v0.10.

The v0.10 is going to be a version with a lot of technical feature, to make the game more playable.
Since Dev already told you what your problem is you might want to use my save, got it where water quest starts save 1,other saves are from start(3 of them with plenty resources) Just scroll back some pages till you see it, also ONLY check Main menu quests on phone,you get all the things you missing then when main quest says talk with the girl you might have to wait a few days after you done with the water quest
I'm just fixing the problem myself. It looks like a few console commands are all that's required to fix it. I can understand not wanting to share that information if v0.10 is being released soon, otherwise too many players are left hanging.

Reactions: chicho1958

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
I'm just fixing the problem myself. It looks like a few console commands are all that's required to fix it. I can understand not wanting to share that information if v0.10 is being released soon, otherwise too many players are left hanging.
was checking my saves,save 5 is better than save 1 got the water going but still they consume yo much that's why on my save I added more water ain't gonna spend 90% of game time just doing the water. On my save(the save I use)I added enough water to fill the Atlantic Ocean

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.9

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.
(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)
Mega
PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 1.06 GiB

Come find me on Discord:
I am no longer able to request my post get promoted to the OP from the mods. Only the owner of this thread can do it for me now. Otherwise this is the only notice you get that I have updated my android port.

amyono

Sep 2, 2020
I dont understand how to avoid the gameover because of the water issue. The game gives me a gameover like 10 steps before reaching the water event in the main history. Its a bug or i have to be quicker?

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
I dont understand how to avoid the gameover because of the water issue. The game gives me a gameover like 10 steps before reaching the water event in the main history. Its a bug or i have to be quicker?
If you want you can use my save,just scroll back some pages, save1 is when quest start but i recommend save 5 if I ain't mistaken is where(not gonna spoil) onlything in that save I done is give myself food/wood/fuel but you can edit that save and remove some but food isn't much an issue only added a couple hundred, also best way to get fast water is going to well, seen some people having issues with supplies because can't do much because water quest takes all your time that's why I put a little extra food so I concentrate on that quest also after quest I added water enough to fill 3 olympic swimming pools, let's see what dev solution going to be because water takes time and you have to be very carefull with game over. And when main quests says wait for call from the girl just wait and check daily main quest till quest says something else, all stats from MC and girls are done legit no cheating since had enough of everything only concentrated on breaking the girls and trust me they broken :rolleyes:

skybarbie

Aug 18, 2022
Fix for the Water System game breaking bug:

• Download game.zip (attached file)
  • Move game.zip to your 'The_Spinney-0.9' folder
  • Right-click on game.zip and select 'Extract Here'
  • Run the game - If you get a script error or two (normal) just select to 'Reload' a couple of times

This fix worked for me and hopefully it will help others finish the current 0.9 content.

It should fix current/broken save games, as well as players starting a new game. I put in code for both.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Fix for the Water System game breaking bug:

• Download game.zip (attached file)
  • Move game.zip to your 'The_Spinney-0.9' folder
  • Right-click on game.zip and select 'Extract Here'
  • Run the game - If you get a script error or two (normal) just select to 'Reload' a couple of times

This fix worked for me and hopefully it will help others finish the current 0.9 content.

It should fix current/broken save games, as well as players starting a new game. I put in code for both.
Hope it helps people with that issue. I never had that issue. Dev saying was a girl quest interfering with the water quest. I probably play different than most people, I was more concerned about food/wood/stats before starting girls stats once I had all that taken care of did the water quest without worrying about anything else. Only girl quest I have left is I have to visit the girl that helped with water quest but will do that after new update, too many games to play

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Hope it helps people with that issue. I never had that issue. Dev saying was a girl quest interfering with the water quest. I probably play different than most people, I was more concerned about food/wood/stats before starting girls stats once I had all that taken care of did the water quest without worrying about anything else. Only girl quest I have left is I have to visit the girl that helped with water quest but will do that after new update, too many games to play
I didn't use any cheats and was still able to complete the water quest without error. It was a huge PITA but I got it done. Still need to go back in and see how much effort it takes to maintain the reasonable water level I established with a full two week's worth of labor... We'll see.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: chicho1958

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
I didn't use any cheats and was still able to complete the water quest without error. It was a huge PITA but I got it done. Still need to go back in and see how much effort it takes to maintain the reasonable water level I established with a full week's worth of labor... We'll see.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)
with 1k water and girls consuming 50-70 daily not many days to do stuff then you have to keep it full and let's not forget the 5 days to purify thats why I gave myself 9k water till new update to see how Dev gonna work around it to make it easier.

Reactions: Guz89 and PapaPhat
4.10 star(s) 39 Votes