Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
Got a ton of these, started in the 90's and I quit here.
New game, or forced restart after I tried to use an old save.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/newday1.rpy", line 203, in script
    ja "(He doesn't seem to know...)"
Exception: In DynamicImage u'puru/[puruform]/normal.webp': Could not find substitution 'puruform'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/newday1.rpy", line 203, in script
    ja "(He doesn't seem to know...)"
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 721, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1419, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1249, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 901, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 647, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 558, in visit_all
    for d in self.visit():
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 744, in visit
    self.find_target()
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 638, in find_target
    raise Exception("In DynamicImage %r: Could not find substitution '%s'." % (self.name, str(ke.args[0])))
Exception: In DynamicImage u'puru/[puruform]/normal.webp': Could not find substitution 'puruform'.

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The Star Cove Incident 0.11a
Mon Jun 20 21:11:49 2022

kzk0987

Sep 6, 2017
settle for some vanilla shit that will disguise that, with tropes like "it's repressed feelings, they always wanted it" etc.
No, why would you suggest that. I find that kind of shit infuriating. I hate how many mind control games pull the "oh the brainwashing was not really brainwashing, they wanted it deep down hahaha". Some games I won't bother naming seem to completely freak out and do a 180º at the end after spending the whole game having the character dominate and change the girls, but then suddenly it was all about love and how it makes it valid. Fuck that.

Krosnat

Jan 19, 2022
Traducción al español: The Star Cove Incident [v0.11] [Smiling Dog], Cualquier error o si desean que traduzca un juego por favor me lo hacen saber ¡Gracias!.

- Solo es extraer el .rar en la carpeta raiz del juego e iniciar y listo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English translation: The Star Cove Incident [v0.11] [Smiling Dog], Any error or if you want me to translate a game please let me know, Thanks!

- Just extract the .rar in the root folder of the game and start it and that's it.

Reactions: marcoz0995

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
So does the re-write mean that all the images in the folders aren't in the game?

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
No, why would you suggest that. I find that kind of shit infuriating. I hate how many mind control games pull the "oh the brainwashing was not really brainwashing, they wanted it deep down hahaha". Some games I won't bother naming seem to completely freak out and do a 180º at the end after spending the whole game having the character dominate and change the girls, but then suddenly it was all about love and how it makes it valid. Fuck that.
I don't even care if there is a romance plot in a mind control game. Could be good. But when you see plots like a dozen girls having "repressed feelings" that the MC helped unlock, it just becomes stupid. And it's obvious why devs do it.

I'm not sure that's related to this rework, but it's a common pattern.

Jun 26, 2020
The dev already said that the rewrite was cause some idiots were complaining that the Visual Novel was too linear, meanwhile everyone here is losing their minds and speculating way off course :FacePalm:

He should just follow his original plan instead of trying to appease everyone imo

Reactions: notBatman747

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
The dev already said that the rewrite was cause some idiots were complaining that the Visual Novel was too linear, meanwhile everyone here is losing their minds and speculating way off course :FacePalm:

He should just follow his original plan instead of trying to appease everyone imo
So what's the rework plan that makes it non-linear?

AlisaB

Jun 19, 2018

VN being too linear? Yea, right... That's obviously a made up bullshit excuse for lack of updates. The real reason is the case of yet another unreliable CG artist who couldn't create a single CG in more than half a year.

Mad_Doc

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2022
Sad fate for one of the few good mind control games. Its pretty much abandoned at this point, dev just reshuffles existing content.

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
VN being too linear? Yea, right... That's obviously a made up bullshit excuse for lack of updates. The real reason is the case of yet another unreliable CG artist who couldn't create a single CG in more than half a year.
I don't recall complaining but the VN was, in fact, too linear; and the start of the remake—so far—is a little bit better than how it used to be so I wouldn't lose hope just yet. I think there is a fair chance that the author can deliver a good branching VN.

Reactions: Dr. Fernet
4.00 star(s) 19 Votes