4.30 star(s) 57 Votes

grohotor

May 15, 2020
what Inn asset was used and does it have interiors for the guest rooms ? or did you use other assets for that ?

FiRo:)

Mar 11, 2021
CaramelCowboy, good evening again! Can you please tell me if the main character in The Swordbearer will be the only one wielding this sword, or if in the future you will show others who also wield the same swords. Just to know for clarification to translate there are many of them or is he the only one:D, because I'm confused. And can you please tell me who will be part of this Foursome?) Thank you in advance. And forgive me for such a silly question.

Last edited:

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
what Inn asset was used and does it have interiors for the guest rooms ? or did you use other assets for that ?
Hey!
The inn is - lot's of nice medieval stuff from Fugazi.
The rooms are - I just added other props from fugazi to make the rooms slightly different. Like a flower pot or somthing. Anything that's loud enough to grab someones attention and make them feel like it's a different room.

CaramelCowboy, good evening again! Can you please tell me if the main character in The Swordbearer will be the only one wielding this sword, or if in the future you will show others who also wield the same swords. Just to know for clarification to translate there are many of them or is he the only one:D, because I'm confused. And can you please tell me who will be part of this Foursome?) Thank you in advance. And forgive me for such a silly question.
Hi again, not a silly question at all. So there are multiple weapons. Not enough for an army of course but like a small group. Not necessarily swords. For example the king has a dagger. If by foursome, you mean the 'four' mentioned by the king, we don't know yet (I know xD). The characters aren't introduced yet.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. Hope that makes sense. Feel free to dm me if you have more questions :giggle:

For those curious, development is looking great. Script is written for the scenes I definitely wanted in the release, so I'm trying to add more because I have time. I'm having a lot of fun working on this :D

FiRo:)

Mar 11, 2021
CaramelCowboy, Thank you very much for your reply, I am very grateful to you, you have helped me a lot. I have one more question for you, no even two. Can you tell me what actually happened to the parents of the main character killed them, or not? If so, would there be any backstory about them (a little background, what really happened to them, it would be very interesting to know about his parents, what they were like). And the second question, will the release be in July or a little early? And yes, Aren top :D. Thank you again, I'll be contacting you more often with questions like this and finding out, from you, about the development of the game. I wish you a lot of success.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaramelCowboy

Shiftlock

Aug 21, 2019
I've decided to make a small walkthrough mod here. This mod will highlight the choice which gives you points. I found this game is really interesting and hope the game developer CaramelCowboy don't mind that I publish it. Hope you guys enjoy
P/s: Updated to v0.2b
View attachment 1680480 View attachment 1680491 View attachment 1680493
having problems with the wt mod help
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/seasons/season1/script/s01e02mcgotowork.rpy', 1634311023, 0) is defined twice, at game/1822658_TheSwordbearer-0.2b_WT_mod/s01e02mcgotowork.rpyc:4 and seasons/season1/script/s01e02mcgotowork.rpyc:4.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 797, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 473, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/seasons/season1/script/s01e02mcgotowork.rpy', 1634311023, 0) is defined twice, at game/1822658_TheSwordbearer-0.2b_WT_mod/s01e02mcgotowork.rpyc:4 and seasons/season1/script/s01e02mcgotowork.rpyc:4.

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
The Swordbearer 0.2b
Mon May 30 22:59:18 2022

Ive-11

Sep 10, 2019
"grew up in a peaceful lil town" "Knights Guild" "life changes when you wield the sword" "explore world" "Face the darkness" "uncover the evil plot"​
sounds like it will have another scene rather than just vanilla romanese? :coffee:
might be im wrong :HideThePain:

Jan 15, 2019
Another new well written game with gorgeous renders. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems that recently there have been a lot of really good games coming out. The developers have seemed to really pick up their quality. The only thing left is for them to complete their games now. Unfortunately I've decided not to give my money to any developer that hasn't at least completed 1 game because it's just so frustrating paying to have a game abandoned. This developer is now on my shortlist of possible candidates though.

vendarr

Jan 22, 2019
Just played through 0.2b and loved every second.
Very well done. Lovely banter, characters and atmosphere. Lyra really grew on me.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CaramelCowboy

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
Hey f95, I’m not sure if any of you have seen my public patreon post but I’ve been having a lot of laptop issues lately and it’s randomly been shutting off. The motherboard got replaced (yesterday) and everything seemed fine but it just turned off again today. Of course this isn’t as bad as before - turning off 10 seconds after startup. I can’t work like this though because having the system randomly crash will come back to bite me in the ass even if I constantly save progress.

The service center guys suggested a complete had drive wipe so I backed up all the characters,code, images etc., everything I need for the game.

Im gonna keep the laptop with me for one more day and if it shuts down even once, I’ll give it back to them and let them do whatever they can to fix it. This means there’ll be a delay in the release and I’ll of course pause patreon payments for 1 month. If the laptop is beyond repair, im gonna invest in a desktop because I want this to be long term and I want things to go smoothly in the future.

Long story short, there’ll be a month delay for the next episode which was supposed to be out at the end of this month. Even if it gets fixed sooner, I want to have a few days to stress test it, only then can I download all the assets I need and start putting things back together. So I’m giving it extra time just to be safe. I know this sucks and believe me, nothing bums me out more than not being able to release this month. The whole script is written and even coded so when my laptop is fine again, I’ll work on the renders and update you guys here.

what’s weird is I’ve been rendering for the past 2 hours with no issues. So I don’t really know why or when it’ll decide to go off.

if any of you have messaged me on my discord, sorry I haven’t opened it yet because it was signed in on my laptop which has been at the service center. I’ll do a password reset so I can login on my phone.

Thanks for playing and sorry for the delay!
Heres the last image I worked on. This character ended up becoming a favorite among many so I decided to give her screen time :giggle:
2B4038D0-1556-4E6E-A26D-4E499D1BBC6C.png

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hey f95, I’m not sure if any of you have seen my public patreon post but I’ve been having a lot of laptop issues lately and it’s randomly been shutting off. The motherboard got replaced (yesterday) and everything seemed fine but it just turned off again today. Of course this isn’t as bad as before - turning off 10 seconds after startup. I can’t work like this though because having the system randomly crash will come back to bite me in the ass even if I constantly save progress.

The service center guys suggested a complete had drive wipe so I backed up all the characters,code, images etc., everything I need for the game.

Im gonna keep the laptop with me for one more day and if it shuts down even once, I’ll give it back to them and let them do whatever they can to fix it. This means there’ll be a delay in the release and I’ll of course pause patreon payments for 1 month. If the laptop is beyond repair, im gonna invest in a desktop because I want this to be long term and I want things to go smoothly in the future.

Long story short, there’ll be a month delay for the next episode which was supposed to be out at the end of this month. Even if it gets fixed sooner, I want to have a few days to stress test it, only then can I download all the assets I need and start putting things back together. So I’m giving it extra time just to be safe. I know this sucks and believe me, nothing bums me out more than not being able to release this month. The whole script is written and even coded so when my laptop is fine again, I’ll work on the renders and update you guys here.

what’s weird is I’ve been rendering for the past 2 hours with no issues. So I don’t really know why or when it’ll decide to go off.

if any of you have messaged me on my discord, sorry I haven’t opened it yet because it was signed in on my laptop which has been at the service center. I’ll do a password reset so I can login on my phone.

Heres the last image I worked on. This character ended up becoming a favorite among many so I decided to give her screen time :giggle:
View attachment 1873920
Good luck.

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020

View attachment 1873920
Hope everything goes back to normal soon, CaramelCowboy. Can't wait for Lyra's bush! ;)

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
Random update!
I got the laptop back yesterday. Played some Genshin(random game choice. Something I decided to try on my phone while my laptop was away) to test it, let the laptop run all night. Been around 18 hours now and it's still running. Let's hope it stays this way. I'll give it another 24 hours before I download all my assets again. Things are looking good! (as of now)

I hope everyone here is doing great :)

4.30 star(s) 57 Votes