HTML Abandoned The Therapist [Endless701] [Rfpnj]

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

JackedHeart

Aug 26, 2017
Good because you already have the latest html from the post with the gallery folder.

What you need is the latest pack of images from the update prior to the latest one. I doubt the images link on the main page is up to date.

Go to the tfgames thread linked in the OP.

Download 615:

Download 701 (which you already have)

And paste the contents of 701 into 615 copying over any files with the same name.
Ah okay! Thank you very much!!

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
version 1.5 is on the tfgamesite
That isn't new version, I think its the last version before the new dev got involved and ruined everything.

The new Devs's lack of understanding as to how the TFgame site works is symptomatic of how good he is at designing a game.

If you read the TF forum the majority of post are now negative and the poll he just posted on patreon had 75% telling him to return the clients to how they were pre his latest updates and just add new things to the base game .

He doesn't know or doesn't care to update the play it now link which is v1.5. I believe 0.1.5b was the latest updated before the new dev took over.

The updated link in the TF forum op is for 615

The actual latest game file is 701, but to play the latest file you have to download 615 and 701 and copy and replace the files from 701 into 615....

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Does anyone have a copy of 0.1.5b? The Mega links in this thread all seem to be down.
Go to the TFGamse site forum and there is a link at the top of the games forum post. You'll need to create an account for the site though and you don't download it you play it directly in the browser.
This is the forum post:

This is the link to play the actual game:

MaddRabbit

Sep 6, 2016
701a

If you don't want to play it online and download the game.

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
For anyone wondering 701 was released in August, its not a new update it was a posted on the previous page in august but may not have made it to the OP.

It sounds like a new version will be out soon but it will undo the last few updates which (were appalling and redid a lot of the old content from the previous dev) and go back to the original story.

The past three months have seen me struggle to get work done on Therapist, with school assignments taking the forefront of my time. I am looking to have a reworked release out by Christmas. This will have the original stories restored to the game and some new content from Gatekeeper. I am sorry that it as taken this long.

Reactions: Gigalomaniac
Mar 16, 2018
Why do devs constantly sabotage themselves. Its not even profitable to do this shit so the idea of malice is out. This is one of those OG games that could have been pulling good money if he kept it up. Also as a genuine question, are HTML games like these honestly that hard to make? Even with a one man team?

sorcan

Jul 14, 2017
Why do devs constantly sabotage themselves. Its not even profitable to do this shit so the idea of malice is out. This is one of those OG games that could have been pulling good money if he kept it up. Also as a genuine question, are HTML games like these honestly that hard to make? Even with a one man team?
Yes and no. If you have studied Javascript in school, then you probably know most of what you need to get the game working the way you want. The features are not that advanced. However if you have no history with Javascript, then you are going to have to look up things alot. Javascript works quite differently from other programming languages(it's not a programming language). Things like variables and random number generators and other things that are very easy in a normal language become alot more finicky and complicated with Javascript, it's not as intuitive.

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Yes but the main worry is related to images, which is why there is no so many games using the very same images.

Then if the story is build based on available images (a spell for all maid quest) or it's either artist/"luck".

Then, not using images and go texte only (Cohabitation go that way quite often).

Tbs.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Did anyone encounter any substantial changes in the new version? I checked for a while and found nothing, a few longer texts, it seemed to be, but no actual new content. Correct?

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
The lasts post from the Dev was mid Decmeber saying he's hope to have an update out restoring the old content he'd removed by Christmas... 3 months later and no response, the patreon and TFGames forums haven't been posted in by anyone.

Ahh, just checked the discord and that hadn't been posted in for 3 months but last week the Dev said.

(The games coming along)... albeit slowly, its being balanced and re-coded due to the number of bugs found

Reactions: Sedra
3.00 star(s) 5 Votes