Complete The Three Charms R - The Twelve Monster Girls of Mahoroba

Jul 16, 2017
Okay, I installed Joiplay and after waiting a few hours for the RTP to install, I got it working. Based on my experience, these are the steps required to make the patched version work.

1. Patch the game files on your computer and check the game's been patched by running it to see if it's in English
  2. Copy those patched game files from your computer to a folder on your phone/tablet (Don't copy the rgss3a file if space is a concern since that's unneeded for the translation)
  3. Add the game in Joiplay
  4. Profit
The thing that's being changed in the patch isn't the exe file, in fact, the exe is 100% unchanged from the original JP to the patched EN version. What's being changed is all the data files in the background, and they can only be accessible once decrypted, and as long as those decrypted files are copied over to your device, and the rgss3a file is removed, it should work like any other RPG maker game.

Firehawk

Sep 16, 2017
Thanks for all the work you put into this translation, this is awkward but I gotta ask. Does this patch not work with the old pirated copies that were uploaded in the past? I replaced all the files with the ones given as usual, and sure enough it seems like it should work, I checked the pictures folder for example and it only has all the newly translated images. But, when I actually launch the game it's still all in Japanese, even the images since the title is screen is missing the little message in the corner about the translation, the files should be replaced so I have no idea where it's grabbing the original Japanese from.
Would a legit copy of the game's most up to date version work fine and I just need to get that or am I missing something here?

Jul 16, 2017
Well first off I'd recommend getting the legit game off DLsite, it's really cheap at about $3.50 USD and from my brief contact with him on Twitter he's a real bro, so it'd be nice if more people supported him by buying the game. Also, I think some things in the game were patched in later like the recollection room, so those might be missing from pirated copies.

Otherwise, while I can't 100% vouch for earlier pirated copies, I can't think of why they wouldn't work. If the game's reverting to the JP version for images and text, there's a pretty strong likelihood that you may not have done anything with the rgss3a file. If that's not renamed (e.g. by adding .backup) or deleted, the RPG Maker engine will default to using all the assets stored in that file and will ignore all other translated assets. I'll also quickly run through the patching process because it sounds like you may have not decrypted the files either.

Patching Process
  1. Decrypt all the game files using your decrypter of choice, I recommend Falo's decrypter. Make sure you put all the decrypted files into their corresponding game folders, don't just leave them in the "Export" folder or wherever the decrypter dumps them.
  2. Delete or rename the rgss3a file. My preferred method is to add a ".backup" file extension to it
  3. Copy the contents of the "Translation Release" folder from the rar into the main game folder

Reactions: VidyaNoz

Firehawk

Sep 16, 2017
Yep, that solved my problems, I was dumb and forgot about actually extracting the game files beforehand. I ended up enjoying the first Three Charms game thanks to Rare Cats' translation and picked up a legit copy of it afterwards, if this is more of the same or at least similar, then I'm sure I'm in for a good time here as well and will throw a couple of bucks at Minwa once I finished it.
Once again, thank you for everything!

Aug 22, 2018
Trying out the latest patch, I will use this post to make a list of things I encounter based on both the included 100% save and my own:
  • There's a script/crash-to-desktop error at the end of the "Big Boobs" Daimyokai scene.
  • The bathhouse "Decision" (right outside of the Recollection Room) is between "heal your fatigue" and an untranslated line.
  • The credits after the Daimyokai fight (when you're being hoisted up by everyone) are largely untranslated. Are they images?
On a related note, finally being able to beat Daimyokai is an amazing feeling. Great job on the translation, great game.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017
Trying out the latest patch, I will use this post to make a list of things I encounter based on both the included 100% save and my own:
  • There's a script/crash-to-desktop error at the end of the "Big Boobs" Daimyokai scene.
  • The bathhouse "Decision" (right outside of the Recollection Room) is between "heal your fatigue" and an untranslated line.
  • The credits after the Daimyokai fight (when you're being hoisted up by everyone) are largely untranslated. Are they images?
On a related note, finally being able to beat Daimyokai is an amazing feeling. Great job on the translation, great game.
The bathhouse decision I've added to the fix list. The credits scene is major enough that I've reuploaded the translation. For some reason the files I'd edited in RPG Maker didn't pull through into the main files, I have no idea why. If you want to rewatch the credits, you should be able to investigate the bottom right-hand corner of the recollection room.

As for the crash with big boobs Daimyoukai, I can't reproduce it. I've gone through both her scenes and they finish without issue. Are you able to screenshot the exact error message you're getting?

Aug 22, 2018
The bathhouse decision I've added to the fix list. The credits scene is major enough that I've reuploaded the translation. For some reason the files I'd edited in RPG Maker didn't pull through into the main files, I have no idea why. If you want to rewatch the credits, you should be able to investigate the bottom right-hand corner of the recollection room.

As for the crash with big boobs Daimyoukai, I can't reproduce it. I've gone through both her scenes and they finish without issue. Are you able to screenshot the exact error message you're getting?
I think the big-boobs-Daimyokai error might be on my side. I'm running the game through WINE, and WINE has *issues* sometimes.

EDIT: Yep, it's throwing a dsound-related error. It's a WINE problem, not a "contingency needs to fix a script" problem.

Last edited:

vaan21

Feb 19, 2019
the last part of battle on second zashiki are untranslated when she's going to use the thread skill until the end of battle.

Jul 16, 2017
I think the big-boobs-Daimyokai error might be on my side. I'm running the game through WINE, and WINE has *issues* sometimes.

EDIT: Yep, it's throwing a dsound-related error. It's a WINE problem, not a "contingency needs to fix a script" problem.
Phew. Thanks for spotting the other stuff, though.

the last part of battle on second zashiki are untranslated when she's going to use the thread skill until the end of battle.
Thanks, found it and fixed it.

Reactions: vaan21

Kratmann

Aug 3, 2020
I'm shit with that kind of tech so I'll wait for full release, but seriously thank you so much man

Jul 16, 2017
I'm shit with that kind of tech so I'll wait for full release, but seriously thank you so much man
It's worth noting that the full and final release will have the exact same patching process. I don't have the expertise to create an auto-executable that does everything, so you'll still need to decrypt the game and dump the patch files in manually. I think some earlier posts in this thread have more detailed instructions of how to decrypt.

Reactions: Kratmann

Kratmann

Aug 3, 2020
Where do I find Falo's decrypter please?

Do I decript the game before or after I extract the files?

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017
I downloaded it from this site.

1. First, decrypt all the game files. (I find it easiest to put the decrypter in the game folder because then it creates the export folder in the game directory, making it easier to find.)
    1. Basically you open the decrypter, go "Open file" and select the "Game.rgss3a" file. Then select "Extract All Files"
1622333260810.png
  1. Then move all the files and folders in the "Extract" folder it creates into the main game folder.
  2. Then dump all the translation files and folders into the main game folder, overwriting everything.
  3. Finally, rename or delete the "Game.rgss3a" file so the game is forced to use the decrypted files instead of using the encrypted rgss3a file.
If you've done everything right, your game folder should look something like the picture below.

decrypted game.jpg

Julius

Jul 9, 2017
Encountered some untranslated lines when Magatsu makes ol' Yamachichi drop down from the roof and makes her Hakunen's familiar. I have the "played last game" setting on, if that narrows it down.

Mozenrak

Jul 3, 2020
I noticed few things while was finishing the game with latest translation, so:

1622859072053.png
The chef of Association says "Eggcellent" instead of "Excellent", but maybe it is what she actually says, in that case sorry for pointing this thing out;

1622859638339.png

Moment when kitsune in bordel (which chef of Association tasks Hakunen to investigate) asks her client how he prefers her to call him and player decides that. The letters are not translated
My bad, I did not press "Abc" button at that time, forget about picture above;

1622860483993.png

Extra "get" (at least I think - sorry if not, my english is not perfect);

1622861275070.png

Also I decided to beat the game with "cleared the first game" option, and found untranslated lines of Azuki at the begining, they apear if she uses her hand attack, but strangely enough, when she used it on me first time, there were translated lines, but maybe she says something different if your HP is low, or it is just a glitch, can't say for sure.
Hope it will help with honing the translation.

Last edited: