Complete The Three Charms R - The Twelve Monster Girls of Mahoroba

SharpeShaver

Feb 28, 2019
Would it be weird to create a sort of bounty for the translation? Like some pool of cash that would be paid as a commission to the translator in the event that the game is translated

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
Would it be weird to create a sort of bounty for the translation? Like some pool of cash that would be paid as a commission to the translator in the event that the game is translated
that's a very good idea but very hard to make
what if the translator is not the real one who make the biggest part
what if he stole half the work of someone else
what if there is multiple translator over the year , each one translating a little bit of the game and leaving it , is it the last translator who get all the money ?

Reactions: PoeTato

SharpeShaver

Feb 28, 2019
that's a very good idea but very hard to make
what if the translator is not the real one who make the biggest part
what if he stole half the work of someone else
what if there is multiple translator over the year , each one translating a little bit of the game and leaving it , is it the last translator who get all the money ?
There have been similar bounties for other things, those were mostly run by institutions that had the ability to verify that the prize winner was telling to the truth.
I'd say that properly organized it would be possible to do the same for the translation but that would require serious work for the people overseeing the bounty.
I have no doubt that it can be done, the question is if people want to put in the work to actually do so.

Reactions: PoeTato

Ophanim

May 2, 2018
I'm currently working on something else, but if I play through the first game with its English translation to get a feel for the writing style I could give this a shot. I'm just aware that this series is very good, and I'm not sure I could do it justice, given my rather humble Japanese skills. I mean, I feel I could do better than an MTL, but still, I'd be worried about preserving the tone and atmosphere, particularly between games, since I'm not the person who did the original.

There's still nobody working on this on ulmf, right?