HTML Completed The Time of Cherries [Build 17] [obsessionau]

3.60 star(s) 17 Votes

Wanquer

Jan 14, 2023
Is there ANY kind of LOGIC to the "Stress" levels..?
- at 41 % My shoots are fine.
- at 39% I get 1 bad image per shoot.
- at 31% I her 3-4 bad images per shoot..

LOWER stress gets you WORSE results?

CharleyT

Jun 12, 2018
Dammit, I want to like this game, lol, but i just keep getting more and more in debt, and cause conflict in the mini-game even though almost all of them match...what am I doing wrong? :LOL:

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Is there ANY kind of LOGIC to the "Stress" levels..?
- at 41 % My shoots are fine.
- at 39% I get 1 bad image per shoot.
- at 31% I her 3-4 bad images per shoot..

LOWER stress gets you WORSE results?
One quirk that is likely at play is that NEW cards (the ones with gold borders) are never impacted by stress.

Hiring a new girl will raise your stress, but this impact will not be immediately evident as you are frequently getting the new cards. Trying to get the 8th and last card in a set you are going to be impacted more by your stress level.
It is something players have to be weary of.

There should only be a 3% chance to get all 3 as being bad at 31% stress.
Personally I don't notice much of a different between 30% and 40% stress. Under 20% stress there is a big improvement but early game this is more difficult to keep low.

Also stress levels will not impact the models bad event chances which are the cards with the pill icon and iridescent effect.

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Dammit, I want to like this game, lol, but i just keep getting more and more in debt, and cause conflict in the mini-game even though almost all of them match...what am I doing wrong? :LOL:
Thanks I have just found a bug, each time you play the minigame on the left it deducts $10,000! It should not do this and appears to be missing the check which may be why you are so far in debt?

As for reducing conflict, each flip produces conflict and the number of conflict icons on both of the non-matching cards will produce that amount of conflict. So this can vary from 2 - 6 conflict for a non-match.
Getting under 12 conflict is enough to "win", in the game below I got 4 conflict from the flips but it would have only produced 2 information. I could have played the last 5-6 moves better where I produce more conflict but got a extra piece of information.
Untitled-1.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: CharleyT

Wanquer

Jan 14, 2023
One quirk that is likely at play is that NEW cards (the ones with gold borders) are never impacted by stress.

Hiring a new girl will raise your stress, but this impact will not be immediately evident as you are frequently getting the new cards. Trying to get the 8th and last card in a set you are going to be impacted more by your stress level.
It is something players have to be weary of.

There should only be a 3% chance to get all 3 as being bad at 31% stress.
Personally I don't notice much of a different between 30% and 40% stress. Under 20% stress there is a big improvement but early game this is more difficult to keep low.

Also stress levels will not impact the models bad event chances which are the cards with the pill icon and iridescent effect.
Well it would help if we knew how to actually reduce stress both in MC and models. Everything seems just so random, giving them breaks seems to do nothing to reduce their stress. As for MC, the only ways I can find to reduce stress is by buying upgrades.
Skipping a day should at least reduce some stress in all, if not why even bother skipping a day?

CharleyT

Jun 12, 2018
Thanks I have just found a bug, each time you play the minigame on the left it deducts $10,000! It should not do this and appears to be missing the check which may be why you are so far in debt?

As for reducing conflict, each flip produces conflict and the number of conflict icons on both of the non-matching cards will produce that amount of conflict. So this can vary from 2 - 6 conflict for a non-match.
Getting under 12 conflict is enough to "win", in the game below I got 4 conflict from the flips but it would have only produced 2 information. I could have played the last 5-6 moves better where I produce more conflict but got a extra piece of information.
View attachment 2503140
Yep, that must have been it, because now I can make money! And I didn't realize the 'Flips' made a conflict. Thank you much! ;)

Wanquer

Jan 14, 2023
26% stress but repeatedly getting 3 bad shots per shoot, I'd say one in every 4 shoots. See screenshot. Untitled.jpg

Mar 16, 2022
Well it would help if we knew how to actually reduce stress both in MC and models. Everything seems just so random, giving them breaks seems to do nothing to reduce their stress. As for MC, the only ways I can find to reduce stress is by buying upgrades.
Skipping a day should at least reduce some stress in all, if not why even bother skipping a day?
Upgrades and not hiring too many models at the beginning to keep stress low and then stacking concubines to get negative stress at the end

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
26% stress but repeatedly getting 3 bad shots per shoot, I'd say one in every 4 shoots. See screenshot. View attachment 2504304
Thank you for reporting, I will look into this right away.
I did a series of 10 shoots at 39% stress I was getting bad cards 40% of the time which is about right.
At 26% stress I got bad cards 50% which seemed a bit odd.

After adding a debug line, not seeing anything weird, then deleting it I did another 4 lots of 10 shoots in the exact same game.
All ranged between 20%-30% which is about right given the margin of error.

Try the attached HTML file and let me know if your experiences are any different.
If it isn't the HTML file then if you can send me the save I'll see if I can reproduce to issue.

The formula for the stress test for each card which looks fine to me is:
Code:
<<set _StressResult = random(0,100)>> // Generate a random number between 0 and 100
<<if _StressResult <= $Player.stresslevel>> // Is the random number less than or equal to the player stress (26)

Last edited:

Wanquer

Jan 14, 2023
Thank you for reporting, I will look into this right away.
I did a series of 10 shoots at 39% stress I was getting bad cards 40% of the time which is about right.
At 26% stress I got bad cards 50% which seemed a bit odd.

After adding a debug line, not seeing anything weird, then deleting it I did another 4 lots of 10 shoots in the exact same game.
All ranged between 20%-30% which is about right given the margin of error.

Try the attached HTML file and let me know if your experiences are any different.
If it isn't the HTML file then if you can send me the save I'll see if I can reproduce to issue.

The formula for the stress test for each card which looks fine to me is:
Code:
<<set _StressResult = random(0,100)>> // Generate a random number between 0 and 100
<<if _StressResult <= $Player.stresslevel>> // Is the random number less than or equal to the player stress (26)
I actually deleted the game this morning after another evening of frustrating gameplay. I followed the recommendations from other posters here, kept the number of girls low and focused on the updates. Played through 2 games while keeping my stress around 22-24% and still felt no different than having 42% stress.

Now I'm no games dev and not particularly well versed in math andI don't code but to me there seems something odd about your stress failure calculation method. If I understand those 2 lines correctly, for each "roll" of a photo, it generates a random number between 1-100. If the number is equal or lower than the stress level at the time of the roll, "stress" is triggered on the shot. Is that correct? If so;
if your stress is 24%, you have a 24% chance of your image being trash.
if your stress is 44%, you have a 44% chance of your image being trash.

Correct? Now that does indeed seem fair but in practice it "feels" like there is almost no difference between the two. I fully acknowledge that that might simply be confirmation bias - once you feel the game is unfair, you'll noticed the perceived unfairness more. I would suggest a 2nd modifier, something along the lines of a decreasing chance of all three cards being corrupted if your stress decreases, something like:

35-45% stress - all three cards roll normally
25-35% stress - 2 cards roll normally, the 3rd has a further decreased chance of a roll for being corrupted
15-25% stress - 1 card rolls normally, the other 2 have a decreased chance of a roll for corruption.
5-15% stress, all 3 cards have a reduced chance of a roll for corruption
or whatever values would work.

Anyway, I'll give the file you attached a run tonight or tomorrow and will report back.

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Perception can easily be skewed - If we examine the results from 10 shoots (30 card flips):

At a 95% confidence level the acceptable margin of error is approximately plus or minus 18%.
This means if I have a stress level of 39% and do 10 shoots, it would be reasonable to get bad cards 21% to 57% of the time.
At a stress level of 26% if I just look at only 10 shoots it would be reasonable to get bad cards 8% to 44% of the time as it is within the 18% margin of error.

So yes it is statistically reasonable to get a more bad cards at a much lower stress level when looking at 10 shoots or smaller.

From what you were saying, you are getting 3 bad cards multiple times in a row. At 26% stress doing this 3 times in 10 rolls should be a 0.0034% chance so I would say it would have to be some sort of bug making this possible.

If we use a bigger sample and look at 100 shoots or 300 card flips, then the margin of error drops down from 18% to 7% as probability starts to even itself out and the effect of less stress becomes more apparent on the results.

Your way is another approach, it's advantage is the chance of getting multiple bad cards in a single shoot is reduced. A issue it does create though is that you don't know how much you have reduced your chances and you would still have the same perception issue as above.

Normally the chance of getting 3 bad cards in a row at 26% stress 0.26 * 0.26 * 0.26 = 0.0176 or 1.76%

Keep in mind all the statistics above are assuming that all the cards have been revealed. The players experience will generally be much better than this as the above is not considering the possibility of getting NEW cards and thus no stress with that card.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Wanquer

Jan 14, 2023
Perception can easily be skewed - If we examine the results from 10 shoots (30 card flips):

At a 95% confidence level the acceptable margin of error is approximately plus or minus 18%.
This means if I have a stress level of 39% and do 10 shoots, it would be reasonable to get bad cards 21% to 57% of the time.
At a stress level of 26% if I just look at only 10 shoots it would be reasonable to get bad cards 8% to 44% of the time as it is within the 18% margin of error.

So yes it is statistically reasonable to get a more bad cards at a much lower stress level when looking at 10 shoots or smaller.

From what you were saying, you are getting 3 bad cards multiple times in a row. At 26% stress doing this 3 times in 10 rolls should be a 0.0034% chance so I would say it would have to be some sort of bug making this possible.

If we use a bigger sample and look at 100 shoots or 300 card flips, then the margin of error drops down from 18% to 7% as probability starts to even itself out and the effect of less stress becomes more apparent on the results.

Your way is another approach, it's advantage is the chance of getting multiple bad cards in a single shoot is reduced. A issue it does create though is that you don't know how much you have reduced your chances and you would still have the same perception issue as above.

Normally the chance of getting 3 bad cards in a row at 26% stress 0.26 * 0.26 * 0.26 = 0.0176 or 1.76%

Keep in mind all the statistics above are assuming that all the cards have been revealed. The players experience will generally be much better than this as the above is not considering the possibility of getting NEW cards and thus no stress with that card.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Did one more full playthrough last night (money deception) with the file you provided. Subjectively it felt a bit better. Objectively, I couldn't tell the difference.

One weird thing I noticed: I my stress was at 13% so I assumed I needed one more concubine. Got one more girl to 40+ confidence and smitten then couldn't choose Concubine. Then I checked and realized I already had 6. Did another 10 or so shoots at 13% stress and then suddenly it dropped to 9% stress. No idea why. Delay in activating concubine stress reduction?

Another bug? I noticed, on the 2nd part of the dinner table mini game where you have to place the 4 brands, you sometimes get an unsolvable set of cards. For example, I only got one light brown side when you need at least two and already had to use Protagonist and Antagonist in other seats. I checked carefully and it was unsolvable. I tried to screenshot it but for some reason the screenshot kept coming back black.

czidnoma

Aug 30, 2019
yeah, no, the stress is a problem. I had to restart so many times to stop *losing* money on shoots. that's a ridiculous thing to be encountering a minute into the game. the curve is too high.

Mar 16, 2022
CIAMod Version 1.11
Preview:
Download:
41 Models added and 1 removed to avoid conflict with the Mercedes mod. 65 in total now.

Last edited:
Reactions: imaginemetal

Yoheijin

Jan 28, 2022
This is my save, 8~9 concumbines(opened all pic), 23~24% stress, fully upgrade, but minus income every month. I think dev need to add more income after upgrade, or decrease concumbine's expense

Plonk

Jul 9, 2017
Did you promote the concubines? After a certain amount of time being concubined you can promote them to gain a perk. Can't remember of off the top of my head but there are three different ones.

1. Removes concubine cost.
2. Increase fame.
3. Decreases stress.

imaginemetal

Jul 16, 2020
Hi everyone, apparently I just wanted to get in on the Mod Making scene :unsure:

MetalMod Version 1
Early days yet but 16 new models in version 1, just some of my favourites I wanted in the game and also some more obscure British models. Mostly Busty/BBW content, tested the mod myself but hopefully no issues for anyone!

Preview Image

This link is to the mod folder on my Google Drive, so any updates should be at the same place

To add to the game just unzip, copy the "data" and "images" folders into your game, when starting a game, make sure to add "metalmod" under custom content along with any other mod .lsm files you've installed.

Hopefully later versions will include events and more models.
Any comments/questions please let me know :).

Special thanks to Plonk for testing and answering technical questions, obviously check out his mod too.
Thanks also to obsessionau for creating a great game! Feel free to share the mod link on the main game page if you want.

Cheers :)

3.60 star(s) 17 Votes