Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
hmmm.. whats the difference between the original mode and saz mod? saz mod have additional pics created by the modder?
:unsure:
I'm sure the great sage bestowed upon us an answer, but sometimes he only wish us to read his warning. You see a long time a ago, it was told that a savior will come, but due to the neglect of the people his arrival was delayed. Now we must suffer for our sins, and ask for the great Saz to forgive our sins, and come back to save us from ourselves.

(Have you tried reading the op? or even the feature tab there? it's there for a reason)

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
ok im confused. i keep trying to kill davide but keeps failing. i did it once without saz mod but cant find a way around it.

using The Tyrant 0.9.1 SazMod Beta with The Tyrant [v0.9.1].
The NTR God will strike you down if you try killing him that way. All must bow before the NTR God Davide. I think you have to be high Love with the babes. I tried going the NTR way as well and it didn't work. I think trying to kill him on the NTR path would be illogical if you think about it.

Reactions: S A Z

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
hmmm.. whats the difference between the original mode and saz mod? saz mod have additional pics created by the modder?
:unsure:
As Heavy Sleeper mentioned, this is all listed in the OP for this thread, but a quick summary for the SAZMOD is as follows:
  • Additional Love and Corruption content in the form of Twisted scenes
    • Twisted scenes use Love themed assets to create Corruption themed scenes and vice versa for the Corruption themed assets
  • The NTR scenes have been Separated into 4 separate themes called Darker Paths
    • These paths are called, Voyeur, NTR, Revenge and Sadist
  • There are additional scenes added with Fan-Art created by others from the fan art thread here on F95 as well as scenes with Fan-Art created by myself
  • There has been changes and improvements to the overall game stability and UI Theme (some like this and other don't)
  • There is an in game walkthrough you can read by going to the Help menu in the Phone and selecting the Red Box icon called "What's in the box?!"
  • There is a Cheat Menu added into the phone menu as well as some visual phone customization such as wallpapers
There is of course more to it than that, but you can find those details in the OP and the thread itself if you are interested or just by downloading it and trying it yourself. :) One last thing, the mod installation is non-intrusive meaning you don't need to overwrite any game files when installing it. You just added the SAZMOD folder into the 'game' folder for the The Tyrant and that's it. And you just remove the the SAZMOD folder to uninstall it. Makes it's nice and easy to use.

Anyway, I hope that helps. :D

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
ok im confused. i keep trying to kill davide but keeps failing. i did it once without saz mod but cant find a way around it.

using The Tyrant 0.9.1 SazMod Beta with The Tyrant [v0.9.1].
If you try and kill Davide on the NTR path it will fail. If you are trying to do it on Love or corruption make sure your relationship points are above 5.
The NTR God will strike you down if you try killing him that way. All must bow before the NTR God Davide. I think you have to be high Love with the babes. I tried going the NTR way as well and it didn't work. I think trying to kill him on the NTR path would be illogical if you think about it.
D Dog and iainmore beat me to it. :D They nailed the requirements for success on the head. You need to have your relationship with Nicole above 5 points and make sure you have the Force Darker Paths for Nicole turned OFF as well. Then you should be able to kill Davide in that scene.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Knight2416

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Is Bruce still supposed to be here after he leaves/hangs? It says he will be gone for good in 0.9 but maybe saddog didn't get around to it yet?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: S A Z

gyypsy

Feb 4, 2018
As Heavy Sleeper mentioned, this is all listed in the OP for this thread, but a quick summary for the SAZMOD is as follows:
  • Additional Love and Corruption content in the form of Twisted scenes
    • Twisted scenes use Love themed assets to create Corruption themed scenes and vice versa for the Corruption themed assets
  • The NTR scenes have been Separated into 4 separate themes called Darker Paths
    • These paths are called, Voyeur, NTR, Revenge and Sadist
  • There are additional scenes added with Fan-Art created by others from the fan art thread here on F95 as well as scenes with Fan-Art created by myself
  • There has been changes and improvements to the overall game stability and UI Theme (some like this and other don't)
  • There is an in game walkthrough you can read by going to the Help menu in the Phone and selecting the Red Box icon called "What's in the box?!"
  • There is a Cheat Menu added into the phone menu as well as some visual phone customization such as wallpapers
There is of course more to it than that, but you can find those details in the OP and the thread itself if you are interested or just by downloading it and trying it yourself. :) One last thing, the mod installation is non-intrusive meaning you don't need to overwrite any game files when installing it. You just added the SAZMOD folder into the 'game' folder for the The Tyrant and that's it. And you just remove the the SAZMOD folder to uninstall it. Makes it's nice and easy to use.

Anyway, I hope that helps. :D
now im more willing to play saz mod only

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Is Bruce still supposed to be here after he leaves/hangs? It says he will be gone for good in 0.9 but maybe saddog didn't get around to it yet?
So there are still some scenes here and there in the original game that have him in there after his death/or near death experience. The same can be said about the mod as well.

But I've added more reminders on scenes that feature someone that has died in them so players can skip them if they wish. I've also added more labels for repeat scenes so players know those scene are not new ones and they may very well feature dead characters at times.

So hopefully that will help a bit with that, but it's definitely still a work in progress in the mod, just as it is in the main game.

Reactions: Knight2416

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
Base on the fact SAZ had to build a override to skip scenes with dead people (i refuse to use THE quote), I would guess Saddog had that planned, but as code has some odd repetition in it and it would mean re-rendering existing scenes I would guess he ran out of time (as every release is always late).

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
I don't know how this mod came to be, but it's definitely the most "mod" of the mods I've seen on this site. It changes and add stuff, to the point of the it adds so much needed life to a slow updated sandbox. I couldn't believe how flawlessly the corruption>love paths work. And don't get me started on the bonus scenes with Nicole...you really got me there.

A small issue I have is the many instances where the mc refer to Nicole as mom on the non incest version, but I figured that's probably not the way most people enjoy this game(and obviously not the way the game was meant to be played, curse my non incestuous brain) . So it's more of a me issue then a mod issue.

I'm looking forward to see how this mod develop when the main game will get updated.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
So there are still some scenes here and there in the original game that have him in there after his death/or near death experience. The same can be said about the mod as well.

But I've added more reminders on scenes that feature someone that has died in them so players can skip them if they wish. I've also added more labels for repeat scenes so players know those scene are not new ones and they may very well feature dead characters at times.

So hopefully that will help a bit with that, but it's definitely still a work in progress in the mod, just as it is in the main game.
yea, the pitfalls of sand box gameplay. It's just so much work to actually get things to line up with plot progression.

Btw, how do we go on the trip with cassandra? I got the option for nicole and alex but not her.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I don't know how this mod came to be, but it's definitely the most "mod" of the mods I've seen on this site. It changes and add stuff, to the point of the it adds so much needed life to a slow updated sandbox. I couldn't believe how flawlessly the corruption>love paths work. And don't get me started on the bonus scenes with Nicole...you really got me there.

A small issue I have is the many instances where the mc refer to Nicole as mom on the non incest version, but I figured that's probably not the way most people enjoy this game(and obviously not the way the game was meant to be played, curse my non incestuous brain) . So it's more of a me issue then a mod issue.

I'm looking forward to see how this mod develop when the main game will get updated.
Thanks for trying out the mod. :) I'm glad you had some good experiences with it so far.

I'm sorry about the issues with the scripting. It definitely needs work. I'm working on a comprehensive rewrite as part of the coding overhaul I want to do after the final release of the main game. But in the meantime, I've had some kind users share their personal script edits, cleaning up the punctuation and dialogue in the current version, so I'm reviewing that as well to include in a future patch so we can clean things up a bit more while we wait for more updates from Saddog.

I have also been spending some time reviewing the incest check tags, a little over 2300 of them (also searching the MC's dialogue for instances of mom, mother, mommy, etc.), and while I did find some dialogue errors, I only found 7 of them. These will be fixed in the next patch I release with the dialogue fixes I'm currently reviewing. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with mod again. It really does help me improve it.

However, if you feel like you were getting a lot more instances where the MC was referring to Nicole as Mom, you might just want to double check the phone's cheat menu and make sure the Incest option wasn't accidentally turned on in there. Just in case. I'll also keep an eye out on my end for more instances where the MC may refer to Nicole as his mother when he shouldn't in a non-incest playthrough while I review the dialogue for the patch. I want you to be able to play the mod how you would like to and the non-incest route is definitely supposed to be a viable option too. :p

Last edited:

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
Thanks for trying out the mod. :) I'm glad you had some good experiences with it so far.

I'm sorry about the issues with the scripting. It definitely needs work. I'm working on a comprehensive rewrite as part of the coding overhaul I want to do after the final release of the main game. But in the meantime, I've had some kind users share their personal script edits, cleaning up the punctuation and dialogue in the current version, so I'm reviewing that as well to include in a future patch so we can clean things up a bit more while we wait for more updates from Saddog.

I have also been spending some time reviewing the incest check tags, a little over 2300 of them (also searching the MC's dialogue for instances of mom, mother, mommy, etc.), and while I did find some dialogue errors, I only found 7 of them. These will be fixed in the next patch I release with the dialogue fixes I'm currently reviewing. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with mod again. It really does help me improve it.

However, if you feel like you were getting a lot more instances where the MC was referring to Nicole as Mom, you might just want to double check the phone's cheat menu and make sure the Incest option wasn't accidentally turned on in there. Just in case. I'll also keep an eye out on my end for more instances where the MC may refer to Nicole as he mother when he shouldn't in a non-incest playthrough while I review the dialogue for the patch. I want you to be able to play the mod how you would like to and the non-incest route is definitely supposed to be a viable option too. :p
I'll be honest, my bias toward incest probably made me believe there was more then there was actually in game(seeing as I had an ocd reaction every few minutes to make sure incest was off). I follow this mod for a while, and I see how hard you try to fix all the issues that cropped up with the update.

I'm very grateful for that, and I don't want it to sound like it was a bigger issue then it is. Seeing as I know it's more of a personal issue, I don't blame you or other devs for that. Thank you for looking into it.

sp99

Aug 7, 2017
After playing the game with this mod, there's no going back to the original game. All the new dialogue contents added is fantastic. Congratulations on making this game truly enjoyable for the depraved minds.

Now I'm sad that it might be months before we get another update to the game.

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017

yea, the pitfalls of sand box gameplay. It's just so much work to actually get things to line up with plot progression.

Btw, how do we go on the trip with cassandra? I got the option for nicole and alex but not her.
After playing the game with this mod, there's no going back to the original game. All the new dialogue contents added is fantastic. Congratulations on making this game truly enjoyable for the depraved minds.

Now I'm sad that it might be months before we get another update to the game.
While praising the "Great One" aka S A Z is good, loading a glowing Review of the "Greatest" Mod is better.
That goes for everyone so show SAZ some love and review/rate the Mod

D

Deleted member 1603093

144 Pages for a Mod.
Some games older than this don't have that much. :cool:
Good work on your Mod. This is correct way to play the game.
Can't wait till you form your own team for a game.

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes