Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
@Sazriel Man this mod is not working in compressed version.Please help as I wanna play the game with this mod.
It should work in compress since nothing is changed but the size of the file. Your going to need to post more info so you can get help.

Also make sure you put the SAZMOD in the game folder, The Tyrant/game
Pmktrn17 is absolutely correct. :D

Using a fresh download for the compressed version from the main game thread and the 0.9.1 Beta Mod with the latest Hot Fix (v08) applied, its working perfectly for me.

Here are the installation instructions again for the mod from my OP for this thread.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just keep in mind a few things. Saves from the original game are not compatible. This is because I took steps to make the mod installation non-intrusive, meaning you don't have to overwrite any original files when installing this mod. Everything is side-loaded, but as such, the save location had to be moved.

Also that means it installs differently so be sure to follow the installation instruction. It's super easy, but again, just a bit different than many mods, so that can trip some people up.

And be sure to install the Hot Fix as well. You only need the latest one, as it has all the earlier ones included in it. The installation instructions for it are in the zip file you download for it.

That should be all you need to get playing. But if you run into more issues, you can let us know. Just be sure to post something like a screenshot with the error you're getting so we can troubleshoot what's going on.

Hope that helps and have a great one! :)

P.S. I saw you tried to tag my old username before, my current one and the one I've gone by the longest is S A Z. I thought I would tag it here so you can reference it if you need it again so I can get notified properly if you need more help.

Last edited:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
----- Hot Fix v09 Release -----
This Hot Fix covers all of the issues listed previously since the 0.9.1 Mod Beta release, including:
  • 2pm Living Room - Nicole Bonus Scene - Fixed the conditional IF statement so that it properly checks if you have 75 Love or 75 Corruption points to view the bonus scene as it should.
  • 2pm Secret Place - Alexis Love Scene - Added an extended part to the Love option when you choose to stop tickling her in the secret place at 2pm with previously unused assets(no sex, just a cute little scene with her and the cat) if you have 40 or more Love points with her. There is also an Twisted Love version that appears then with the Corruption assets at the same time you can choose (added before).
  • All previous Hot Fixes in earlier Hot Fix releases.
*Installation instructions in the zip file. OP updated as well.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I got cameras, but don't know how to place them anywhere, any help please?
Here are the steps for the Hidden Cameras.
These are also listed in the in-game help menu found in the MC's phone in the "What's in the box?!" red box icon.

I'm still working on the details for more content for this system. But these are among the planned renders for the 0.9.5 update content I'm working on once the mod release for 0.9.1 moves to the stable version. :)

Anyway, I hope this helps.

kaizersoze27

Donor
Aug 19, 2017
These are also listed in the in-game help menu found in the MC's phone in the "What's in the box?!" red box icon.

I'm still working on the details for more content for this system. But these are among the planned renders for the 0.9.5 update content I'm working on once the mod release for 0.9.1 moves to the stable version. :)

Thank you SAZ

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019

SAZ, you seem to be the most responsive and comprehensive content creator on this site. Tyrant may well be the only top-100 game I have not played through, because I waited months for the next update, and then decided to wait for your mod after reading how many people swear by the improvement. I am patiently waiting until your 9.1 is out of beta, but I do keep up with the comments. No pressure, but I am afraid you have quite a lot of expectations to live up to at this point (through no fault of your own).
Point being; you seem passionate and invested in your project, which I respect. I look forward to finding out if this game, and your mod, are truly worth waiting 6 months for.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
SAZ, you seem to be the most responsive and comprehensive content creator on this site. Tyrant may well be the only top-100 game I have not played through, because I waited months for the next update, and then decided to wait for your mod after reading how many people swear by the improvement. I am patiently waiting until your 9.1 is out of beta, but I do keep up with the comments. No pressure, but I am afraid you have quite a lot of expectations to live up to at this point (through no fault of your own).
Point being; you seem passionate and invested in your project, which I respect. I look forward to finding out if this game, and your mod, are truly worth waiting 6 months for.
I don't know if I should be worried or not? Haha! No but seriously, I hope when it is out of beta, you do enjoy your play-through. That is a long time to wait and I'm sorry you've had to wait for it for so long.

I also hope it lives up to expectations. However, I'm also realistic about my work and while I'm proud of what I've done so far, it is still a long way from where I would eventually like it to be.

Many of the issues with the game play in the original game have only been partially mitigated in this mod. It can still be needlessly complicated to unlock scenes and the characters don't really react as much as one would hope to the changes around them, yet. But, it does add more variation with the current assets as well as new renders done by myself as well as fan-art pulled from the fan-art thread. And I think it does a pretty good job at making the overall experience much smoother. So I think it's work giving it a try. :D Although admittedly, the new UI is definitely up to the user's personal preference. Some people just hate it and others tell me they really like it. So I may have to workshop that one a bit more.

I would be happy to know what you thought about it once you tried it. It's great to hear about any ways I can improve things and if there was anything you liked about it as well. Either way. Have a great one!

Last edited:

Thatguy9999

Aug 18, 2019
Hello SAZ First off just want to say I love the Mod you have turned a good concept into to a something truly spectacular. these were just some thoughts I had for a Love lawful ending, after watching the mum kill David in the love route.

Frank is laundering money using the tanning salon and bar as a cover, for the drugs being sold.

Police officers are being paid, so the gang knows that Bruce is cop and has been messing with him all along.

Bruce and MC talk once a day to discuss how to best handle this situation.

(This can also be a time when MC learns about what happened before the start of the tyrant)

MC starts to work at salon and bar, learning about money laundering and corruption of police officers.

MC talks to Ruby and learns more about the gangs habits

MC uses spy cameras to gain more information.

The gang thinks they don't need Bruce now that they have MC so they hang Bruce and make it look like a suicide, giving MC a choice.

MC uses the information gained to get gang arrested.

Because the family has been involved in dealing drugs and potentially prostitution(I'm thinking Meranda)
Bruce takes the fall for the family.

Leaving MC with the family :D

I figure this way sure Bruce goes to jail for a bit but no one gets scared from killing a person. and the love route can feel less Corrupted.

Bruce could also get a promotion sending sending him away. Or just stay with family but that’s less fun

I manly thought of this because at the start of game the Mc asks himself whether he should play into the corruption or try and get things back to the way they were before the start of game. This game can’t work without some corruption but It just feels wrong to cause psychological damage to your family members in the love route.

I dont expect anything to come from these thoughts just thought ill put them out there.

Anyway Thank you for the mod and sorry for ramblings.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Hello SAZ First off just want to say I love the Mod you have turned a good concept into to a something truly spectacular. these were just some thoughts I had for a Love lawful ending, after watching the mum kill David in the love route.

Frank is laundering money using the tanning salon and bar as a cover, for the drugs being sold.

Police officers are being paid, so the gang knows that Bruce is cop and has been messing with him all along.

Bruce and MC talk once a day to discuss how to best handle this situation.

(This can also be a time when MC learns about what happened before the start of the tyrant)

MC starts to work at salon and bar, learning about money laundering and corruption of police officers.

MC talks to Ruby and learns more about the gangs habits

MC uses spy cameras to gain more information.

The gang thinks they don't need Bruce now that they have MC so they hang Bruce and make it look like a suicide, giving MC a choice.

MC uses the information gained to get gang arrested.

Because the family has been involved in dealing drugs and potentially prostitution(I'm thinking Meranda)
Bruce takes the fall for the family.

Leaving MC with the family :D

I figure this way sure Bruce goes to jail for a bit but no one gets scared from killing a person. and the love route can feel less Corrupted.

Bruce could also get a promotion sending sending him away. Or just stay with family but that’s less fun

I manly thought of this because at the start of game the Mc asks himself whether he should play into the corruption or try and get things back to the way they were before the start of game. This game can’t work without some corruption but It just feels wrong to cause psychological damage to your family members in the love route.

I dont expect anything to come from these thoughts just thought ill put them out there.

Anyway Thank you for the mod and sorry for ramblings.
Thank you for the kind words and sharing your interesting ideas. :D I've had some of the same ideas in my own brainstorming sessions as well. And even shared some similar ones in the thread before. So I definitely think we'll see a variation like this in the mod after the main game is completed. Once we get to that point I want to work on the prequel story content and add in a couple more path variations that I've been wanting to add in and that have been requested.

Feb 28, 2018
Hey S A Z, I've gone through your mod and cleaned up the text a bit. I fixed typos, grammar, punctuation and stuff like that and in some cases I changed the wording a little bit but I didn't change anything content-wise.

It's only the home/basement.rpy script so far but if you want to integrate my changes I could go through the other files as well if you like.

By the way, my IDE had to work quite hard to process such a huge file. I would suggest to create a home/basement folder and split the file into smaller chunks for the separate scenes.

Reactions: S A Z and D Dog

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Hey S A Z, I've gone through your mod and cleaned up the text a bit. I fixed typos, grammar, punctuation and stuff like that and in some cases I changed the wording a little bit but I didn't change anything content-wise.

It's only the home/basement.rpy script so far but if you want to integrate my changes I could go through the other files as well if you like.

By the way, my IDE had to work quite hard to process such a huge file. I would suggest to create a home/basement folder and split the file into smaller chunks for the separate scenes.
Thanks for sharing this. I'll take a look at these. I don't incorporate anything I haven't reviewed personally into the mod, so it might take a while depending on how much time I have and how many changes there are. As such, I'm probably not going to be incorporating these into any hot fixes right now. I'm focused mainly on stability and error fixes right now for the beta hot fixes, with a few minor exceptions.

There are still scenes from earlier on in the mod that I've left relatively the same from the original game. I've mentioned this before in the thread, but in earlier versions of the mod, my intent was to keep the tone of the content the same as the original, so I only made minor changes to the existing dialogue at first to make it a bit more readable. However as time progressed, my attitude towards that changed. I started changing things more to the core dialogue to fit character personalities, but a lot had already been passed over so I knew there would need to be a rewrite. So I've been doing that for a lot of earlier scenes as well as the later scenes overtime. Some of them are complete rewrites for the scenes with me starting fresh with just the assets and writing whole new dialogue.

I don't intend to incorporate those changes until the end release though as it will be part of the coding overhaul, which is also part of the reason why I have left the file structure largely untouched. But I can see what I can do about that basement file for the next update release if it's causing you issues. It is really big comparatively to the others.

Anyway, what I'm saying is, for more than a few of these scenes you're editing and reviewing, which while it is much appreciated, I have rewrites completed for them already that change them significantly in some way. So I'm still figuring out how much energy I want to use cleaning up the current dialogue, when I know it's going to be replaced eventually. That being said, I do like things being as polished as they can in the meantime, so I'll look through these as I can and see what I want to incorporate. Thanks again. I appreciate the help and for sharing. :)

Last edited:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
----- Hot Fix v10 Release -----
This Hot Fix covers all of the issues listed previously since the 0.9.1 Mod Beta release, including:
  • 10pm Basement - Orgy Event - Button was partially missing when Davide was dead instead of just displaying the warning message that someone was dead in the scene. This has been fixed. I've also updated it from a notification alert to just a button label so it was less intrusive and didn't take a few seconds to disappear. That could cause issues where is you where going to quickly the notification alert could get stuck. So this should fix that too.

So we haven't had any large issues reported recently, knock on wood, so I'm thinking if we get through this week without anything major (minor hot fixes are still okay) then we'll go ahead and call this version stable and remove the beta tag from the release and I'll re-upload the mod with the hot fixes applied and we'll call it good for the 0.9.1 mod release version. :D

Feb 28, 2018
Hey S A Z, I noticed another bug when meeting Martin for the first time.
The variable martinfirstmeet is already set to true before the good/bad choice instead of at the end of the scene, so in the following conversation the player treats him like he already met him before.

Reactions: S A Z

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Hey S A Z, I noticed another bug when meeting Martin for the first time.
The variable martinfirstmeet is already set to true before the good/bad choice instead of at the end of the scene, so in the following conversation the player treats him like he already met him before.
Thanks! I had forgotten to move this from it's spot in the original code after I added some basic reactionary dialogue once you've met Martin the first time so it wasn't quite as repetitive. I've moved that variable to the end of the scene, for both of the approve and disapprove of Martin choices. So that should be fixed now. I'll post another hot fix here in a few minutes. :) Thanks again!

Reactions: lazycodemonkey

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
----- Hot Fix v11 Release -----
  • 1pm Frontdoor - Cassandra and Martin - I forgot to move the martinfirstmeet check to the end of the event (for both the approve and disapprove choices) after I had added new dialogue to the scene to react once you had met Martin for the first time, so the scene wasn't displaying correctly for the last half of the scene when you played the event for the first time. This has now been fixed.

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes