Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Must be having a dumb blonde moment but when I download from MEGA all I get is a very small 287MB file. Uncompressed it only contains 3 folders - 'Edited', 'Music', 'Scripts'.

Save me SAZ!
That is correct. This is the mod only. You need to have the original game downloaded and installed as well from the main game thread. Then you copy the whole SAZMOD folder into the game folder. So it looks like this:
  • The Tyrant
    • game
      • SAZMOD
        • edited
        • music
        • scripts
You shouldn't need to overwrite any files when installing. The mod installation is non-intrusive now. You don't need to use unren like you used to. That way if you ever want to uninstall the mod. All you have to do is move the SAZMOD folder out of The Tyrant > game folder completely or just delete it and you're back to the original version. :)

Last edited:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Thanks for taking the time to respond...I think I must have a condition that makes me legally blind or something because I completely missed the pretty clear notes at the bottom of the main page below the animation pack haha...
No problem. There is a lot there so it's understandable to miss something every now and then. :) I hope you enjoy the mod.

EDIT: I've added a note in the OP as well about the hot fixes including all previous hot fixes so it's easier to find that info in the future.

Last edited:

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
Hi, I was wondering if this mod adds new scenes or just a guide to show you how to get to the routes you want.
The goal of this mod is to add more story content (mainly via Dialogue and reusing original assets in new ways) for many different tastes.

The NTR content has been seperated into four "Darker Paths" for this mod. Voyeur, NTR, Revenge and Sadist. It is avoidable by either keeping the MC's relationships with the girls above 5 or but turning it off either when you start the game or by turning it off later in the added cheat menu options. Additionally many of the "Darker Paths" scenes have an option to avoid them built into the choices.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The Love/Corruption paths have been extended to help make them more robust. There are added scenes using the Love assets to create Corruption events and vise versa. These are called Twisted scenes. Additionally there are completely new scenes added from Fan-Art and my own renders.

While it may seem that the "Darker Paths" are the primary focus of the mod because their explanation is so long, I assure you that is not the case. I have added plenty of content for all sides, including Love/Corruption, so that hopefully anyone that likes something about The Tyrant already will have even more to enjoy.
Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm not sure, the dev never really explain why he made the mod. But I was afraid to ask him as he seem pretty busy with other stuff. I just hope, I won't get smitted for saying this out loud. *whisper* he is been known to make people "disappear" for speaking against him. *whistle* *"normal" voice* nothing to see here, I'm just chatting doing nothing wrong.

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
Ik S A Z has said in the past that he is not capable of porting this to Android and the one guy that did port it apparantly, the size of that port is 1 gb which is way too much for a mod. So if there is a knight in shining armour here who'll port it to Android, I would be much obliged.

moowallcow

Jul 16, 2017
SAZ,

First off, thank you for the awesome mod and all your work!

Anyway, the scene in the bedroom where the MC asks Nicole about her picture has always bugged me. The conversation never accounts for if it's happened before, so it just makes both characters look idiotic. I modded this scene back in version 8.5 by adding a flag, and a bit of conversation.

I've merged my changes with your latest release + hot fix .5 (see attached). I had no real way of ever releasing this for such a insignificant and minor change. Feel free to review it and add it to your mod if you think people would like it.

File paths for easy reference:
SAZMOD\scripts\social\repeatings.rpy
SAZMOD\scripts\basevariables.rpy

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
SAZ,

First off, thank you for the awesome mod and all your work!

Anyway, the scene in the bedroom where the MC asks Nicole about her picture has always bugged me. The conversation never accounts for if it's happened before, so it just makes both characters look idiotic. I modded this scene back in version 8.5 by adding a flag, and a bit of conversation.

I've merged my changes with your latest release + hot fix .5 (see attached). I had no real way of ever releasing this for such a insignificant and minor change. Feel free to review it and add it to your mod if you think people would like it.

File paths for easy reference:
SAZMOD\scripts\social\repeatings.rpy
SAZMOD\scripts\basevariables.rpy
Thanks for the kind words. :D It's much appreciated.

I have a lot of scenes like this, including a version of this one, that I've scripted out already with advances in their dialogues based on seeing certain events or having certain requirement fulfilled or as in this case, just seeing it before. Scenes like Cassandra and Martin at the Front Door for example. I've held off adding them to the game because Saddog has for a while now been saying that he's been going to change up how reactionary dialogue works in the game and I wanted to see how that all played out first (which 0.9.5 is supposed to have that new system in it).

However, that scene asking her about the picture was added by me, so that seems extra silly to hold off for that reasoning! I just sort of lumped them all in together. So I think in this case it would be okay to go ahead and add something like that in now. I'll compare what I have to what you have and probably create an amalgam of the two or maybe even just go with your scene if I end up liking it better than what I have down for it currently, since you gave me permission. We'll see how that all pans out.

But I think for the rest of the possible changes I have for the other scenes, those will be held off until I see what Saddog does in regards to the reactions in the next update and go from there. I don't want to get too attached to a whole set of reaction changes and then have to redo them if Saddog makes drastic advances in the next update. :)

Thanks again!

Last edited:

moowallcow

Jul 16, 2017
Thanks for the kind words. :D It's much appreciated.

I have a lot of scenes like this, including a version of this one, that I've scripted out already with advances in their dialogues based on seeing certain events or having certain requirement fulfilled or as in this case, just seeing it before. Scenes like Cassandra and Martin at the Front Door for example. I've held off adding them to the game because Saddog has for a while now been saying that he's been going to change up how reactionary dialogue works in the game and I wanted to see how that all played out first (which 0.9.5 is supposed to have that new system in it).

However, that scene asking her about the picture was added by me, so that seems extra silly to hold off for that reasoning! I just sort of lumped them all in together. So I think in this case it would be okay to go ahead and add something like that in now. I'll compare what I have to what you have and probably create an amalgam of the two or maybe even just go with your scene if I end up liking it better than what I have down for it currently, since you gave me permission. We'll see how that all pans out.

But I think for the rest of the possible changes I have for the other scenes, those will be held off until I see what Saddog does in regards to the reactions in the next update and go from there. I don't want to get too attached to a whole set of reaction changes and then have to redo them if Saddog makes drastic advances in the next update. :)

Thanks again!
Wow, I had no idea that scene was added by you. I think I played the base Tyrant game once many, many months ago, but then quickly installed your mod. Thinking back on it now though, I would of had to have known the scene was yours since I would have only found it in your SAZ folder.... I guess I just forgot that's where I found it back in version 8.5.

That's awesome that you already have other scenes ready to go with dialogue advances. Can't wait for those! I've toyed with the idea of adding lots more stuff like that, but I think I'll wait until you're able to add in all your other scenes and dialogue advances (which means waiting on SADDOG; Vader.gif.NNNNOOOOOOOOO).

As for my edit, it's very minimalistic. I reused the second half of your scene and only changed up the dialogue for the first half. Regardless, do with it what you will!

Last edited:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
----- Hot Fix v06 Release -----
This Hot Fix covers all of the issues listed previously since the 0.9.1 Mod Beta release, including:
  • 8pm Parent's Room - Love Event Minor Addition - As mentioned a couple posts above moowallcow submitted a minor update to the "Ask her about the poster" event that alters the dialogue once the player has seen that event before.

Now I have a number of these reactionary changes already scripted out, including one for this scene, but was holding off in applying them until we saw Saddog's changes to that system in the 0.9.5 update as he mentioned that it was going to be a significant change to how it works.

However, this scene was one added in the mod, so it would be getting not such changes in the that update so it seemed silly to wait. Now I don't normally take direct submissions like this as that could open a whole new can of worms with creating a common tone for the mod and coordinating schedules and stuff I've already mentioned before in many other posts before, but this was a lovely little change, that I had to make very little modifications to, just a few flavor changes and added an option to see the old text later after you've unlocked the advanced dialogue. So I've made an exception in this case.

I want to thank moowallcow again for letting me use the scene and for sharing it. :) I hope you enjoy this minor change.

Its these sort of changes I want to add a lot more of in the future after I get a better idea of what Saddog is going to do so the girls feel more alive and reactive to what's going on around them. It will take a while though, as there are a ton of these scenes to add, so it will definitely be an adventure. :p

• All previous Hot Fixes in earlier Hot Fix releases.
*Installation instructions in the zip file. OP updated as well.

Also, we haven't seen any major bugs for a while. I hope that has been the experience for most of you playing. If we continue along this way for a few more days, I think we can move out of the "Beta" phase and call this release stable. We'll see though. I don't have anything else planned for this release. This was something that just sort of came up, but I think we're done with surprises like that for now. :) Once it does go to stable release, I will re-upload a the SAZMOD with all the Hot Fixes applied of course so you'll just need the one download.

And then if Saddog is still silent on the next release, I plan on working on some new renders for the next update. This time I'm thinking an Alexis scene. I have a few in mind for her already since it was pointed out we're missing some easy access weekly sex scenes with her I thought I would work on that. ;) Anyway, that should be it for now. I hope you're all doing well and have a great one!

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Think I found a bug. Some of the images appeared missing for me when on repeat date with sister's friend while receiving a loving bj.
So I found one image in Irina's temple Date (repeat) that was missing. I have fixed that. I also fixed the issue where it would jump from the corruption sex options to the love sex options on occasion. That was an issue I thought I fixed a while ago, but apparently I missed some of them.

Anyway, I just want to make sure you were missing multiple images during those scenes and not just the one. I have gone through all the variations of the Temple date sex scenes for Irina on Love and Corruption and I couldn't find anymore missing images. If you are experiencing more than one missing image, could you please post some screenshots of the screen when the images are missing? That should help me find them so I can fix them if there are more.

Thank you very much for reporting the issue. :)

bluerubber

Apr 29, 2019
So I found one image in Irina's temple Date (repeat) that was missing. I have fixed that. I also fixed the issue where it would jump from the corruption sex options to the love sex options on occasion. That was an issue I thought I fixed a while ago, but apparently I missed some of them.

Anyway, I just want to make sure you were missing multiple images during those scenes and not just the one. I have gone through all the variations of the Temple date sex scenes for Irina on Love and Corruption and I couldn't find anymore missing images. If you are experiencing more than one missing image, could you please post some screenshots of the screen when the images are missing? That should help me find them so I can fix them if there are more.

Thank you very much for reporting the issue. :)
I think it was probably just the 1 image that spanned over a couple of different dialogue slides. I'll check it out and report back to you if I find more than just that scene.

I also just found some error dialogue text in the join the basement orgy scene when you join the blonde groupie. MC is thinking about when David mentioned reality tv and it injects some code in the text instead of a complete sentence. Also, it should probably say "came" and not "game" since were on that slide.

Feb 28, 2018
Hey S A Z, I noticed a bug at Irina's 4pm tanning saloon scene.
It's the sentence "Can I have the sunscreen saz_with orange scent please?"
I guess your name accidentally slipped in there. ^^

Edit:
And another one at 5pm in the fitness studio with Kate:
"Well ok then0, Kate. I guess I'll see you there."
A zero slipped in there.

Last edited:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
----- Hot Fix v07 Release -----
This Hot Fix covers all of the issues listed previously since the 0.9.1 Mod Beta release, including:
  • 10pm Temple Date - Irina - Fixed missing image issue as well as choice during sex scene sometimes leading from Corruption options over to the Love options and vice versa.
  • 10pm Basement - Orgy Scene - Dialogue error displaying code when selecting the options with Davide and Miranda has been fixed.
  • 4pm Tanning Salon - Irina Scene - Dialogue fixed where saz_ was injected in there by accident.
  • 5pm Fitness Studio - Kate Scene - Dialogue error has been fixed as well.
  • Weekend Subway - Nicole Darker Paths scene - Fixed two errors were povi was accidentally written out as pov povi and causing a fatal error.
  • 3 new images added - 2 images to fix the black lines on Nicole's head during the 8pm parent's room close up scenes on her face. And 1 image to update the in-game walkthrough "What's in the box?!" area.
  • All previous Hot Fixes in earlier Hot Fix releases.
*Installation instructions in the zip file. OP updated as well.

I just want to say thank you to everyone sharing errors. It really helps improve the game and I'm glad we can squash these bugs together!

In this Hot Fix I am including some new images. I have update the installation instructions included inside the Hot Fix, but I just wanted to go over it here as well to help avoid confusion.
  1. Open the 'SAZMOD' folder inside of 'The Tyrant' > 'game' folder
  2. Navigate to the 'scripts' folder and delete it
  3. Do NOT delete the 'edited' folder in your current 'SAZMOD' folder
  4. Copy the 'scripts' and 'edited' folder from the HotFixV07.zip archive into the 'SAZMOD' folder
  5. This will create a new copy of the 'scripts' folder' within your 'SAZMOD' folder and merge the 'edited' folder from the Hot Fix with the 'edited' folder within your 'SAZMOD' folder, copying over the new images (3 for this Hot Fix)
It's pretty straightforward. It's just important that people don't delete the 'edited' folder. The reason I have them delete the 'scripts' folder is that this gets rid of the .rpyc files that are created automatically when you run the game. These files can conflict with the new files from the Hot Fixes to the game will act like you haven't installed it if you just merge the 'scripts' folders. So yeah, it's just easier to delete the old scripts folder in the SAZMOD and use the fresh one from the Hot Fix to avoid all of that. :)

Anyway, thanks again for helping out everyone and I hope you have a great one!

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes