Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

Duke Leo

Jun 10, 2019
Is anyone having an inconsistent story? I've just started playing (never played the base game) and I'm getting weird events like taking the little sister into the basement before I become a gang member, or being able to take her on a weekend date to the city where we are already "boyfriend/girlfriend" when during the week we are still well before that phase.

I'm enjoying the game a lot but this jumping around is jarring to the overall story.

To clarify, I have the hotfix, I have not set any dark paths yet and I have not used any cheats.

Thanks for the help!

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Is anyone having an inconsistent story? I've just started playing (never played the base game) and I'm getting weird events like taking the little sister into the basement before I become a gang member, or being able to take her on a weekend date to the city where we are already "boyfriend/girlfriend" when during the week we are still well before that phase.

I'm enjoying the game a lot but this jumping around is jarring to the overall story.

To clarify, I have the hotfix, I have not set any dark paths yet and I have not used any cheats.

Thanks for the help!
I agree, that be really jarring. :( This is something I've addressed before in the thread, but that's a lot to read through, so I'll try to give you a quick explanation.

The base game has a lot of inconsistencies left to be addressed in it. The mod actually takes care of fair amount of them. :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But there are still a good deal of them I've left as is, for now, so that requirements for events were not wildly different from the base game. This way if you have played the base game, the requirements for events are close enough for a large portion of them, you can make your way through mod easily enough.

I have already been working on dialogue and coding changes that will be introduced to the mod once the game is completed to help fix these inconsistencies and also make the game more reactive to the events that transpire in them. I'm waiting because I don't want to make major changes to the base coding structure, beyond what I've already done, and then have to worry about what a new update is going to do to all those changes.

So the TL;DR is: There are inconsistencies in the story and gameplay that haven't been addressed yet in base game or the mod. :(

I'm sorry it's not really that good of an answer, or at least not one that can fix the problem immediately. Saddog has been fixing some of the inconsistencies himself in his updates. And in time, I can hopefully address the rest of them left behind using the mod.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
----- 0.9.1 Official SAZMod Hot Fix v03 -----
This Hot Fix covers all of the issues listed previously since the 0.9.1 Official mod release, including:
  • Dialogue Update Part 1 - This update includes a bunch of dialogue and punctuation edits I had submitted to me by users that I have been reviewing and decided to add to the mod now while we're waiting for the game to update.

These are mostly very minor spelling and punctuation corrections with a few minor dialogue changes as well. This is different from the the larger rewrite I have been working on. That is something that will be added after the games completion, but these edits can improve the mod right now.

Thank you to those users that shared these edits with me. moowallcow, lazycodemonkey, and JBrowster (JBrowster's edits will be including in Part 2, which will be released at a later date).
    • The edits for Part 1 can be primarily seen in Basement scenes:
      • 2am Basement - Alexis, Davide - Darker Paths
      • 4am Basement - Alexis, MC - Love, Corruption, Twisted
      • 9am Basement - Cassandra, MC - Love, Corruption, Twisted
      • 4pm Basement - Cassandra, Frank - Darker Paths
      • 4pm Basement - Alexis, MC - Love, Corruption, Darker Paths
      • 10pm Basement - MC, Nicole - Love, Corruption, Twisted
      • 8pm Basement - Bruce, Cassandra - Listen, Darker Paths - Custom
      • 4pm Basement - MC, Nicole - Look, Open, Talk
      • 11pm/12am Basement - Bruce, Davide, MC, Nicole - Darker Paths - Custom
  • There are additional minor changes in a few other scenes. A couple reactionary edits that change dialogue after certain things happen in game, but they are all really small changes here and there.
  • Some minor bug fixes I have caught as well.
  • All previous Hot Fixes in earlier Hot Fix releases.
*Installation instructions in the zip file. OP updated as well.

EDIT: Oh! I also split the basement.rpy into two files because it was getting so big. That shouldn't cause any issues. It hasn't with me in any of my testing. But just in case, if your current save is during a basement event. I recommend you play through the event and then save in the MC's Room before updating the mod. Just as a precaution. It really shouldn't cause an issue either way, but it might be good to play it safe. :D

Last edited:

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
S A Z -- You're awesome! I never expected a personal response! Thanks for all of the excellent work! (And the patience for explaining something to me that had already been discussed). (y)
YEP S A Z is the most effective communicating Mod's I have seen. He tries to answer most questions (unless one of us fans answeres it first) and replies to most feedback.
SAZ for Ruler of the world.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
The game crash in the start if i use the hotfixs
This is going to be a complete shot in the dark without a screenshot of the error or anything like that. But if I were to guess with this latest hot fix, I might say look at the "SAZMOD > scripts > home" folder and see if there is a basement.rpy file and a basement.rpyc file there. If either of them are there, then delete them.

I split that file into basement_01.rpy and basement_02.rpy for this hot fix because it was getting really big. This can cause issues if the old file is left there and happens when people don't delete the "scripts" folder from the mod and replace it with the new one from the hot fix zip file, but instead merge them together. I mention this in the instructions in the mod zip file, but it can easily be missed. :)

If this happens to help, then yay! If not, the as Knight2416 mentioned, please share a screenshot or something with the error you're getting and we'll try to help!

D Dog

Jul 31, 2018
This is going to be a complete shot in the dark without a screenshot of the error or anything like that. But if I were to guess with this latest hot fix, I might say look at the "SAZMOD > scripts > home" folder and see if there is a basement.rpy file and a basement.rpyc file there. If either of them are there, then delete them.

I split that file into basement_01.rpy and basement_02.rpy for this hot fix because it was getting really big. This can cause issues if the old file is left there and happens when people don't delete the "scripts" folder from the mod and replace it with the new one from the hot fix zip file, but instead merge them together. I mention this in the instructions in the mod zip file, but it can easily be missed. :)

If this happens to help, then yay! If not, the as Knight2416 mentioned, please share a screenshot or something with the error you're getting and we'll try to help!
S A Z , I received the same error, but once I deleted the old scripts folder iin the MOD and replaced it with the hotfix it worked fine.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Αfter I kill Davide, he keeps reappearing in the dark Paths. Ιs that normal?
Thx
Yes and no.

This is still a work in progress. In the base game, after Davide is killed the idea is any event with him in it would then be inaccessible. But there are missed scenes and areas that don't trigger correctly in the base game. So in the base game even if you kill Davide he doesn't completely disappear. So in that sense it's sort of normal.

The mod also has extra options of being able to see events and scenes over again that you're normally not able to repeat. Many of them have been given button title adjustment like (repeat) added to them so you know you're repeating a scene. I've also added a warning system to check if someone is dead to certain scenes and if they are, then if alerts the player and sees if they want to view the scene still. But that system can be turned off in the cheat options because can be annoying if you want to keep viewing those scenes and it keeps asking you.

So in certain situations, yes you still see the now dead Davide, but you should get a warning first (unless it's turned off in the cheat menu). And there are still some sections in the game that match up with the base game that he is still in even after he's dead. This goes for Bruce as well.

Also if you're playing the Darker Paths and kill off Davide and the system was working perfectly, then you're essentially removing the majority of Nicole's NTR content at that point as well as a good chunks of the other girls. There isn't someone that takes his place for those same Darker Paths scenes, you just lose them. Just so you are aware. It's totally fine if you want to play that way though. Just letting you know in case you didn't already.

bluerubber

Apr 29, 2019
I just noticed. Urbandictionary.com finally fixed their definition of NTR.

I only mention it here because of the in game start new game provided link with definition shown is no longer working.

NTR can no longer be found in the beginning start game info link

and now is found at instead, where...color me surprised, the definition is actually pretty accurate finally. Shocking.

Last edited:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I just noticed. Urbandictionary.com finally fixed their definition of NTR.

I only mention it here because of the in game start new game provided link with definition shown is no longer working.

NTR can no longer be found in the beginning start game info link

and now is found at instead, where...color me surprised, the definition is actually pretty accurate finally. Shocking.
I'll update the mod with the new link. I'll include this fix with Part 2 of the Dialogue update I'm working on. So it will be a bit still. Thank you for sharing this! :)

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes