Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
SAZ do you think we'll be able to use the same savefile from the previous version or will we have to start over due to the changes?

Kinda wanting to get back into it if I don't have to do a whole new save again.
Don't want to speak for the man but I assume you'll be good to go, mate, barring unexpected issues. I've been able to use the same save files for the past few updates, the most that'd happen is if a save was during a scene it'd go back to the free-roam beforehand or the start of the scene, occasionally. Beyond that it was fine
I hope that's the case, I just wonder since Saddog made some changes to the code on this update.
That is a good question and so far I don't see any changes that have been needed that should cause you to not be able to use your old saves when the new update is released. Most of Saddog's changes this time around have been just on how the game flows and not so much how it was fundamentally coded. So that was good.

I'm sorry it's still taking me a while with this update. Work has been crazy busy as I've mentioned before, but I'm making progress here and there. Still no milestone completed because I've been working on things on the mod across the board, but I'll keep you all up to date as I continue. I'm hoping to get some more time this weekend to dig in as well.

I also hope everyone is doing well and finding ways to stay safe and happy out there!

OneWayMissile

Jul 24, 2018
Where can I get the 0.9.1 version? I need to download that and then apply the patch and the hotfix v05 right?

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Where can I get the 0.9.1 version? I need to download that and then apply the patch and the hotfix v05 right?
there you go
Thanks Lady Aspen for sharing a download link for the 0.9.1 version!

And I updated the OP with a download for mod that has the Hot Fix v05 pre-patched, so you should just have to download that version. But if you've already downloaded the earlier version with Hot Fix v04 pre-patched, then yes, you should download the Hot Fix v05 and apply that to the mod as well.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
0.9.4b Mod Update - Development Progress Report:
  • Play through new content - Completed
  • Go through new code and assets - Completed
  • Convert new code to mod format - Completed
  • Convert new scenes to mod versions - In Progress
  • Create Twisted versions for Love/Corruption scenes - In Progress
  • Convert NTR scenes to full Darker Path versions - In Progress
  • Add in any new personally created or Fan-Art content - Not Started
  • Playtest Mod - Not Started
I was finally able to cross one off the list! I have the base code changes from 0.9.4b all up to date in the mod, which is a nice step as I can test code flow and such as I go now.

Additionally, I decided to incorporate Cassandra's Training path along with the old path where you brought her down to the basement and choose her outfits for her. I mainly decided to do this because Saddog still hasn't released the Love counter part to the Training path yet. So I'll have the old paths still accessible, but you can see the Training path as well (Along with the Twisted Love versions of the Training path).

Anyway, just wanted to check in with the progress I had made. Hope you all are having/had a great weekend! I'll keep plugging away and check back in later when I have something more to report. :D

Sukebe_S

World's Slowest Amateur Game Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
I was finally able to cross one off the list! I have the base code changes from 0.9.4b all up to date in the mod, which is a nice step as I can test code flow and such as I go now.

Additionally, I decided to incorporate Cassandra's Training path along with the old path where you brought her down to the basement and choose her outfits for her. I mainly decided to do this because Saddog still hasn't released the Love counter part to the Training path yet. So I'll have the old paths still accessible, but you can see the Training path as well (Along with the Twisted Love versions of the Training path).

Anyway, just wanted to check in with the progress I had made. Hope you all are having/had a great weekend! I'll keep plugging away and check back in later when I have something more to report. :D
thanks, S A Z! This mod is superb and your efforts are inspirational. Take your time!

acermonitor123

Aug 28, 2018

Thanks for the updates and your hard work, no rush but I am waiting for your mod update before playing the new content... so low key a little rush?

Jul 3, 2018

I appreciate the huge amount of work you are doing. Do you by chance have a time frame on how long the rest of the stuff would take to finish? I assume all the remaining stuff is really time consuming other than maybe to Play testing.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I appreciate the huge amount of work you are doing. Do you by chance have a time frame on how long the rest of the stuff would take to finish? I assume all the remaining stuff is really time consuming other than maybe to Play testing.
Thank you very much!

I'm afraid I don't. :( It partially depends on how much time I get away from work to devote to the mod each week.

There is a lot to do still, as I have essentially 8 paths to write for the game's new scenes. 4 paths for the Darker Paths and the 2 for Love and Corruption paths and then the Twisted versions of those scenes as well.

Then there is any additional content I might want to add on my own for this update.

And playtesting, if done right, actually does take some time as well. We have to test all those paths to try to have it as be as bug free as we can before release. It's never perfect, but we try to catch as much as we can. I have a couple users that help me with that part specifically for most releases to help save time and catch more bugs if possible.

Sadly, I just don't have good luck with estimated release dates or time frames. Everytime I try to give one, something crazy comes up or I stress myself out, so I just don't do them. It's part of the reason I don't accept money for the mod. If I can't give you a reasonable estimate on when something might be released beyond "as soon as I can" I just don't feel right taking money from you.

I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer than that, but I hope this helps you understand where I'm coming from on this side of things. :)

Last edited:

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
And playtesting, if done right, actually does take some time as well. We have to test all those paths to try to have it as be as bug free as we can before release. It's never perfect, but we try to catch as much as we can. I have a couple users that help me with that part specifically for most releases to help save time and catch more bugs if possible.
You give us testers the word and we will be there mate. I may even book some leave from work as it think there will be a lot to test.
S A Z for ruler of the world

portiamento

Jan 5, 2021
Hello I just wanna know if the mod can be used for the current version of the game and avoid all the violence altogether?

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes