Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

xxBerSerKxx

Mar 14, 2022
S A Z you are the best of the best i love this game and i love your work.

View attachment 1577014

I made this because I loved the story concept and wanted more content. I also wanted to differentiate the paths you can choose even more.

The goal of this mod is to add more story content (mainly via Dialogue and reusing original assets in new ways) for many different tastes.

The NTR content has been separated into four "Darker Paths" for this mod. Voyeur, NTR, Revenge and Sadist. It is avoidable by either keeping the MC's relationships with the girls above 5 or but turning it off either when you start the game or by turning it off later in the added cheat menu options. Additionally, many of the "Darker Paths" scenes have an option to avoid them built into the choices.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The Love/Corruption paths have been extended to help make them more robust. There are added scenes using the Love assets to create Corruption events and vise versa. These are called Twisted scenes. Additionally there are completely new scenes added from Fan-Art and my own renders.

While it may seem that the "Darker Paths" are the primary focus of the mod because their explanation is so long, I assure you that is not the case. I have added plenty of content for all sides, including Love/Corruption, so that hopefully anyone that likes something about The Tyrant already will have even more to enjoy.

I'm sure there are typos or oddly worded sentences still in the game as this mod is a constant work in progress. I hope they are not too jarring. In the end, this is just for fun. I'm not a professional. Don't hate me if it sucks! :) But if you do happen to enjoy it, then I'm glad.
Original Post Updated: 03/17/2022 - HotFixv04 Release
Mod Updated: 02/19/2022 - 0.9.4b SAZMod Beta Release
Hot Fix Updated: 03/17/2022 - HotFixv04 Release
Original Game/Creator: sadddoggames - |
Modder: @S A Z
Mod Version: 0.9.4b SAZMod Beta
Compatible Game Version: 0.9.4b
Language: English
Fan Art Thread:

Features:
Mod Installation and Troubleshooting:
Animation Pack Installation:
Change-Logs:
Signatures:
Thanks and Future Plans for the Mod!

* Important Notice - Check if you are running the 0.9.4b version of the main game and not the 0.9.4 version *

Game Saves from SAZMOD 0.9.1 are compatible with SAZMOD 0.9.4b
Not compatible with Original Game Saves

----- Downloads -----

0.9.4b SAZMod Beta - Size 375.11 MB : :
Android version (with HotFixv03) - ported by cebs - Size 1.15 GB : F95
spot1000 Animation Pack - Size 33.5 MB :
The Tyrant 0.9.4b Mod Guide :

----- Hot Fix Patch -----
Be Sure to Download the HotFix too - New content will be added via these patches
- Hot Fix v04 -
F95 -
----- Alternate Version Downloads (OLD) -----
----- Preview Images -----
View attachment 325193 View attachment 325194 View attachment 325195 View attachment 325196 View attachment 325198 View attachment 325199
S A Z you are the best of the best i love this game and i love your work , keep up the good work.
i wish there was a guide to the game story so you cant miss anything and the game dont break the chain of the stoy.

Dgunslinger

Feb 4, 2021
I was wondering if/when do I use the cameras, and also, unable to open big sister's room. I can access it in the morning and can fuck around with her, but her room is inaccessible otherwise. lastly, why is her bathroom peek still the same old (she will kill me, should run) when she is a whore to the MC. I am not sure If I have completed all the content or still in a loop.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I was wondering if/when do I use the cameras, and also, unable to open big sister's room. I can access it in the morning and can fuck around with her, but her room is inaccessible otherwise. lastly, why is her bathroom peek still the same old (she will kill me, should run) when she is a whore to the MC. I am not sure If I have completed all the content or still in a loop.
For now that is all of the content inside of Cassandra's room that is in the game. It follows the content that is in the main game. That is also all of the content in the Downstairs shower with her as well. You have hit the end of the content available for now.
S A Z you are the best of the best i love this game and i love your work.

S A Z you are the best of the best i love this game and i love your work , keep up the good work.
i wish there was a guide to the game story so you cant miss anything and the game dont break the chain of the stoy.
I have a basic guide built into the the game and available for download separately on the OP. It covers a lot of the systems added for the mod and the scenes available, but I have not created a thorough guide with a step by step process or every small scene change laid out I'm afraid. As it's an open world, I've always left it open to pick your own course. While I would eventually like to upgrade the built-in walkthrough to list all of the scene in detail, for now, that is all I have. I'm always happy to answer questions in the meantime.

If anyone else has their own walkthrough, guide, or notes that they use and are wanting/willing to share to help out, they can of course post on the thread.

Last edited:

Will Mask

Oct 28, 2017
Could someone please tell me how not to lose relationship points ? Though I talked to all of them during the day, I'm still losgin 5 by the end of the day

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Could someone please tell me how not to lose relationship points ? Though I talked to all of them during the day, I'm still losgin 5 by the end of the day
So if you are playing with NTR on, then you will lose relationship points once you reach past a certain point in the game. Once the girls start losing points, they continue to lose points each night. To keep their relationship points up, you need to give them gifts at Lunch or view the scenes in game to give them more points. If you play with NTR turned off, then their relationship points will not decrease, but you won't have access to the NTR scenes.

Reactions: Lady Aspen

maddogs243

Jun 18, 2017
is anyone having issues with cassandra kitchen screen repeating itself when you "let her join" the basement group at 9am? after the joining basement scene, it keeps replaying the basement scene or jumps to her bedroom sex scene and repeats
1647782561835.png

Last edited:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
is anyone having issues with cassandra kitchen screen repeating itself when you "let her join" the basement group at 9am? after the joining basement scene, it keeps replaying the basement scene or jumps to her bedroom sex scene and repeats
View attachment 1713578
From your screenshot it looks like you're playing with the Gallery Mod as well. You'll want to ask this question on that thread. I can't recreate that issue with just the SAZMOD installed, so I believe it's something on the Gallery Mod side of things. (If you're playing with the latest version and HotFix of the SAZMOD, that might also be the problem, as I don't believe the Gallery Mod has been updated yet for the latest release).

Jul 28, 2019
Hey S A Z just a bit of feedback.

Firstly I really like the mod so many thanks for your work.

More substantially I use linux and noticed that the save games for the mod are stored in a somewhat unusual location. I'm not sure if this is intentional. The usual place for RenPy saves is ~/.renpy/[gamename] so for the base game that's ~/.renpy/TheTyrant-1504059355. But SazMod saves go to ~/RenPy/TheTyrant-SAZMOD\. Note that capitalisation matters for filepaths on linux (and folders starting with . are hidden by default). Unless there is a good reason for the different filepath perhaps it could be changed? If only so as I don't have another folder cluttering up my home folder. ;) It's also useful to have all the saves for renpy games in the one place.

Feb 28, 2018

More substantially I use linux and noticed that the save games for the mod are stored in a somewhat unusual location. I'm not sure if this is intentional. The usual place for RenPy saves is ~/.renpy/[gamename] so for the base game that's ~/.renpy/TheTyrant-1504059355. But SazMod saves go to ~/RenPy/TheTyrant-SAZMOD\. Note that capitalisation matters for filepaths on linux (and folders starting with . are hidden by default). Unless there is a good reason for the different filepath perhaps it could be changed? If only so as I don't have another folder cluttering up my home folder. ;) It's also useful to have all the saves for renpy games in the one place.
That's intended to prevent mixing up the saves from the mod and the base game. They're incompatible with each other.

Jul 28, 2019
That's intended to prevent mixing up the saves from the mod and the base game. They're incompatible with each other.
Yes the saves are incompatible. Is it not sufficient that the final folder is named differently - that is .../TheTyrant-1504059355 is a different folder than .../TheTyrant-SAZMOD\ ? Sazmod is already customising the location for save/load. Or am I missing something?

Edit: My comment is about the filepath not the final folder, that is /RenPy/ vs. /.renpy/

Dgunslinger

Feb 4, 2021
For now that is all of the content inside of Cassandra's room that is in the game. It follows the content that is in the main game. That is also all of the content in the Downstairs shower with her as well. You have hit the end of the content available for now.

I have a basic guide built into the the game and available for download separately on the OP. It covers a lot of the systems added for the mod and the scenes available, but I have not created a thorough guide with a step by step process or every small scene change laid out I'm afraid. As it's an open world, I've always left it open to pick your own course. While I would eventually like to upgrade the built-in walkthrough to list all of the scene in detail, for now, that is all I have. I'm always happy to answer questions in the meantime.

If anyone else has their own walkthrough, guide, or notes that they use and are wanting/willing to share to help out, they can of course post on the thread.
Thank you as always my friend. I get it now. however, still not clear about what to do with the cameras. If you could please shed some light on that.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Thank you as always my friend. I get it now. however, still not clear about what to do with the cameras. If you could please shed some light on that.
So the Hidden Camera spoiler says how to use the Hidden Camera step by step, currently you can only place one in Alexis's bedroom. Is there something in particular that is confusing you? A step that you are stuck on?

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017

Yes the saves are incompatible. Is it not sufficient that the final folder is named differently - that is .../TheTyrant-1504059355 is a different folder than .../TheTyrant-SAZMOD\ ? Sazmod is already customising the location for save/load. Or am I missing something?

Edit: My comment is about the filepath not the final folder, that is /RenPy/ vs. /.renpy/
Hello! And thank you for the feedback!

lazycodemonkey is correct about the reasoning behind giving it a different save folder. As I want this mod's installation to be non-intrusive as much as possible as well, I didn't want the mod saves to just sit the original game's save folder too if you just decide to the delete the mod at some point. As you can just delete the SAZMOD folder to remove the mod and return back to the original game.

But it was not my intention to have a different base RenPy folder for you either. For both Mac and Windows users it should be RenPy, but I am seeing in the official documentation that linux is all lowercase. So I believe that is just because of the way I have it coded for the Linux file path. I should be able to fix that for upcoming official release.

However if you wanted to fix it now on your copy, if you go to the earlyoptions.rpy file and go to line 19, you should find the options for Linux. Replace the "RenPy" with ".renpy" and I believe that should fix the issue. (If that doesn't, then it should probably be "renpy", I'm pretty sure you need the period though, I just don't currently have a Linux machine setup to test it on.) Also be sure to delete the earlyoptions.rpyc before starting up the mod again as that can store the old version of the compiled code.

If you want to let me know if that works I'll adjust the mod accordingly. I have already changed it to ".renpy" as I believe that is the correct structure for Linux. But if needs to be "renpy" in that line, it would be good to know. Thank you again for letting me know about this and to lazycodemonkey for helping out to answer before! :)

Dgunslinger

Feb 4, 2021
So the Hidden Camera spoiler says how to use the Hidden Camera step by step, currently you can only place one in Alexis's bedroom. Is there something in particular that is confusing you? A step that you are stuck on?
Yeah I feel dumb now. LOL! I realized I had already one that and seen the pics in my room. Had a brain fade moment there. Sorry for the time waste. and thank you for taking the time to try to help my dumb ass!

Reactions: S A Z

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Yeah I feel dumb now. LOL! I realized I had already one that and seen the pics in my room. Had a brain fade moment there. Sorry for the time waste. and thank you for taking the time to try to help my dumb ass!
No worries! I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a part you were stuck on. (y) I'm glad you're good.

I do want to expand on that system. I've just been slowly checking off other parts of the todo list first. But I will be swinging back to that system in some form or another eventually.

Jul 28, 2019
Hello! And thank you for the feedback!

lazycodemonkey is correct about the reasoning behind giving it a different save folder. As I want this mod's installation to be non-intrusive as much as possible as well, I didn't want the mod saves to just sit the original game's save folder too if you just decide to the delete the mod at some point. As you can just delete the SAZMOD folder to remove the mod and return back to the original game.

But it was not my intention to have a different base RenPy folder for you either. For both Mac and Windows users it should be RenPy, but I am seeing in the official documentation that linux is all lowercase. So I believe that is just because of the way I have it coded for the Linux file path. I should be able to fix that for upcoming official release.

However if you wanted to fix it now on your copy, if you go to the earlyoptions.rpy file and go to line 19, you should find the options for Linux. Replace the "RenPy" with ".renpy" and I believe that should fix the issue. (If that doesn't, then it should probably be "renpy", I'm pretty sure you need the period though, I just don't currently have a Linux machine setup to test it on.) Also be sure to delete the earlyoptions.rpyc before starting up the mod again as that can store the old version of the compiled code.

If you want to let me know if that works I'll adjust the mod accordingly. I have already changed it to ".renpy" as I believe that is the correct structure for Linux. But if needs to be "renpy" in that line, it would be good to know. Thank you again for letting me know about this and to lazycodemonkey for helping out to answer before! :)
Thanks SAZ.

.renpy is correct

Changing line 19 accordingly works. It even automatically copied across the old saves from the RenPy folder. But... it also duplicates all the files in the sazmod script folder (as .rpyc). The change on line 19 persists in the earlyoptions.rpyc. Deleting the .rpyc files just results in them being created again when the game is launched.

I'll try a full reinstall with the change made before the first run to see what happens out of curiosity. Could be a couple of hours but I'll post the results here.

Reactions: S A Z
4.90 star(s) 50 Votes