Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Thanks SAZ.

.renpy is correct

Changing line 19 accordingly works. It even automatically copied across the old saves from the RenPy folder. But... it also duplicates all the files in the sazmod script folder (as .rpyc). The change on line 19 persists in the earlyoptions.rpyc. Deleting the .rpyc files just results in them being created again when the game is launched.

I'll try a full reinstall with the change made before the first run to see what happens out of curiosity. Could be a couple of hours but I'll post the results here.
Thank you so much for letting me know that works! I'll keep the change then for the next release. (y)

I should have been more clear on the .rpyc files. That is actually normal behavior. When a game is not archived in .rpa files, you see .rpy files like the mod has. You will also see .rpyc files because RenPy compiles them before running the game. It normally only has to do this once for each .rpy file, but if there is an update to the .rpy files, then you often need to delete the old .rpyc files so that they can be recompiled and replaced with the new code, otherwise the code from the old .rpy files will still be there in the old .rpyc files. That is why when I release the HotFix files, I have you delete the old "scripts" folder and replace it with the new one. So it gets rid of the old .rpyc files and will recompile the .rpy files the first time your start the game again.

I'm really sorry about the confusion though! And thank you again for helping me with that! I'm glad we could get rid of that extra "RenPy" folder for the Linux users of the mod. :D

Jul 28, 2019
Not a worry. Reinstalling showed the same behaviour.

What did change was that the saves from the old location were no longer accessible.

Last edited:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Not a worry. Reinstalling showed the same behaviour.

What did change was that the saves from the old location were no longer accessible.
Okay, that's good to know.

Did you lose access to your old mod saves entirely? Or did it do as you mentioned earlier and copy those saves to the new saves location's folder?

Reactions: Lady Aspen
Jul 28, 2019
Okay, that's good to know.

Did you lose access to your old mod saves entirely? Or did it do as you mentioned earlier and copy those saves to the new saves location's folder?
I lost access to them entirely. The new saves I had made after the change were still present.

Presumaby my mistake in thinking that they had been copied across. The old saves were accessible to the game before the reinstall. I looked at the new mod save folder and saw a bunch of saves there and assumed that they were the old saves that had been copied across. They were certainly loadable by the game then. However before the reinstall I deleted the old mod save folder and thought that I had verified that the old saves were still accessible by the game. I guess it's possible I did not relaunch the game and they were stored in some sort of temporary memory?

Not a problem for me since I was starting a new game with hotfix 4 anyway but other people may wish to manually copy across the saves before deleting the old mod save folder. Or open the old saves in the newly patched game and resave them before deleting the old save folder.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I lost access to them entirely. The new saves I had made after the change were still present.

Presumaby my mistake in thinking that they had been copied across. The old saves were accessible to the game before the reinstall. I looked at the new mod save folder and saw a bunch of saves there and assumed that they were the old saves that had been copied across. They were certainly loadable by the game then. However before the reinstall I deleted the old mod save folder and thought that I had verified that the old saves were still accessible by the game. I guess it's possible I did not relaunch the game and they were stored in some sort of temporary memory?

Not a problem for me since I was starting a new game with hotfix 4 anyway but other people may wish to manually copy across the saves before deleting the old mod save folder. Or open the old saves in the newly patched game and resave them before deleting the old save folder.
Thank you again for this information! (y) I'm very sorry you lost those saves though. I'm glad it won't be a terrible inconvenience in this case, as you were starting a new save, but I will definitetly include this information for the new update for Linux users. It will be good to get things in the proper location I was originally hoping for in the first place, but again, I'm sorry for the trouble that caused.

Reactions: Lady Aspen

NightShades

Mar 30, 2020
Here's my unofficial android port of The Tyrant: SAZ Mod v0.9.4b (Beta - HotFix v04)

Download

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can you make this version into compressed version because my phone force close this game when animation scenes come or playing too long!

Core13

Jul 28, 2018
I have The Tyrant 0.9.4b and I downloaded the mod from the link in the original post, I put the SAZMOD folder inside the game folder but when I launch the game give me this error.
Can someone help me?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
OverflowError: value too large to convert to short

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\main.py", line 505, in main
renpy.game.script.report_duplicate_labels()
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\script.py", line 950, in report_duplicate_labels
if renpy.parser.report_parse_errors():
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\parser.py", line 2929, in report_parse_errors
renpy.display.error.report_parse_errors(full_text, error_fn)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\error.py", line 187, in report_parse_errors
error_fn=error_fn,
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\game.py", line 281, in invoke_in_new_context
return callable(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\error.py", line 45, in call_exception_screen
return renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", suppress_overlay=True, suppress_underlay=True)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
st, at)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1594, in render
cwidth, cheight = sizeit('c', width, height, 0, 0)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1591, in sizeit
rend = renpy.display.render.render_for_size(pos_d[pos], width, height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 310, in renpy.display.render.render_for_size (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4391)
return render(d, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1594, in render
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1591, in sizeit
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 310, in renpy.display.render.render_for_size (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4391)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\viewport.py", line 264, in render
surf = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, child_width, child_height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\layout.py", line 925, in render
surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\text\text.py", line 2008, in render
layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, splits_from=virtual_layout)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\text\text.py", line 751, in __init__
textsupport.tweak_glyph_spacing(all_glyphs, lines, target_x_delta, target_y_delta, maxx, y) # @UndefinedVariable
File "textsupport.pyx", line 964, in renpy.text.textsupport.tweak_glyph_spacing
File "textsupport.pxd", line 78, in renpy.text.textsupport.Line.y.__set__

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Tyrant 0.9.1

Reactions: NightShades

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I have The Tyrant 0.9.4b and I downloaded the mod from the link in the original post, I put the SAZMOD folder inside the game folder but when I launch the game give me this error.
Can someone help me?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\main.py", line 505, in main
renpy.game.script.report_duplicate_labels()
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\script.py", line 950, in report_duplicate_labels
if renpy.parser.report_parse_errors():
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\parser.py", line 2929, in report_parse_errors
renpy.display.error.report_parse_errors(full_text, error_fn)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\error.py", line 187, in report_parse_errors
error_fn=error_fn,
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\game.py", line 281, in invoke_in_new_context
return callable(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\error.py", line 45, in call_exception_screen
return renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", suppress_overlay=True, suppress_underlay=True)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
st, at)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\viewport.py", line 264, in render
surf = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, child_width, child_height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\display\layout.py", line 925, in render
surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\text\text.py", line 2008, in render
layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, splits_from=virtual_layout)
File "C:\Users\demur\Desktop\Something Unlimited\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc - Copia\renpy\text\text.py", line 751, in __init__
textsupport.tweak_glyph_spacing(all_glyphs, lines, target_x_delta, target_y_delta, maxx, y) # @UndefinedVariable
File "textsupport.pyx", line 964, in renpy.text.textsupport.tweak_glyph_spacing
File "textsupport.pxd", line 78, in renpy.text.textsupport.Line.y.__set__

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Tyrant 0.9.1
I've seen this error reported before by some users. They were able to fix it by reinstalling the main game closer to the root of their drive, so in this case not on your desktop but perhaps on your C: directly. The issue came down to their file paths being too long for some reason. I don't know why it works on some systems with longer file paths than others. But it might be something you want to try.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Lk77bk said:
S A Z you are the thanks for your work.

is there any chance you going to keep working for future update for the tyrant ? AND i seen alot of work from cubero i didnt see in game are you going to add them ? AND you need to check Once in a Famous Bar by Lexx228 for ideas as well. I HOPE YOU REPLY TO ME thanks alot for your hard work.
Thanks! :)

I have mentioned before that I am still going to be adding scenes/content and working on the mod as we wait for any update(s) Saddog is still working on. That plan hasn't changed, it's just going to be on a "as I can" pace, as work and IRL obligations are taking priority. But as always, I'm going to keep in communication here on the thread as best I can.

In regards to fan-arts, I am up-to-date on all the amazing fan-arts posted on the thread. There are so many amazing artists on there! As of right now, I'm not intending to add anymore fan-art scenes from the thread to the mod as I'm focusing on adding scenes from earlier requests/suggestions and my own todo list created from the assets given to us from Saddog directly.

A lot of the scenes from the Fan-art are not trying to recreate the the same look and feel as the main game, they want to have their own style and unique artistic spin on the characters, so I avoid adding those to the game. And many of them are not long enough sequences for full scenes, so those would also be avoided.

My own renders are a work in progress in an attempt in matching Saddog's style and the only way to get better at that is to continue to render more with his assets and tweak the settings as I go with that goal in mind. So that is what I intend to do for now.

That being said, there are some specific sequences from the fan-art thread, that I would still like to revisit at one time and possibly add later. I'm a huge fan of all the tremendous artist on the Fan-Art thread, sharing their talents with us like that! But those would be way down the road.

I hope this helped answer your questions. (y)

xxBerSerKxx

Mar 14, 2022
Thanks! :)

I have mentioned before that I am still going to be adding scenes/content and working on the mod as we wait for any update(s) Saddog is still working on. That plan hasn't changed, it's just going to be on a "as I can" pace, as work and IRL obligations are taking priority. But as always, I'm going to keep in communication here on the thread as best I can.

In regards to fan-arts, I am up-to-date on all the amazing fan-arts posted on the thread. There are so many amazing artists on there! As of right now, I'm not intending to add anymore fan-art scenes from the thread to the mod as I'm focusing on adding scenes from earlier requests/suggestions and my own todo list created from the assets given to us from Saddog directly.

A lot of the scenes from the Fan-art are not trying to recreate the the same look and feel as the main game, they want to have their own style and unique artistic spin on the characters, so I avoid adding those to the game. And many of them are not long enough sequences for full scenes, so those would also be avoided.

My own renders are a work in progress in an attempt in matching Saddog's style and the only way to get better at that is to continue to render more with his assets and tweak the settings as I go with that goal in mind. So that is what I intend to do for now.

That being said, there are some specific sequences from the fan-art thread, that I would still like to revisit at one time and possibly add later. I'm a huge fan of all the tremendous artist on the Fan-Art thread, sharing their talents with us like that! But those would be way down the road.

I hope this helped answer your questions. (y)
yap thank you a lot again ,have great day. MUCH LOVE AND APPRECIATE.

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes