Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
yes i did it all steps they said and after that i can play intro and force close game maybe bugs contain the file
I just got done trying a fresh download and install of the main game, the 0.9.4b patch, the SAZMOD and HotFixv04 to double check them. So far everything is working for me in the game with the mod installed. Sadly, I can't recreate the issue you are getting. :(

Are you getting any errors when the game closes?

If you're not getting a specific error, there is something that has often helped in the past for other users experiencing odd issues. You may want to try it.

A fresh install of the main game in a new location, close to the root of your installation drive. So depending on your operating system, let's just take Windows for example, if you were installing it on your desktop it might have a filepath like: "C:\users\username\desktop\games\The Tyrant 0.9.4b\SAZMOD\" So when reinstalling the game you might choose a location like "C:\games\The Tyrant 0.9.4b\SAZMOD\" instead. I don't know exactly why a shorter file path seems to help some users that are experiencing issues. We found this fix on a few other threads for different games and decided to try it when we couldn't figure out how help to them when they had issues that no one else was having with the mod at the time. It ended up helping. Might be worth giving a shot, if you haven't already tried it.

Last edited:

NightShades

Mar 30, 2020
I just got done trying a fresh download and install of the main game, the 0.9.4b patch, the SAZMOD and HotFixv04 to double check them. So far everything is working for me in the game with the mod installed. Sadly, I can't recreate the issue you are getting. :(

Are you getting any errors when the game closes?

If you're not getting a specific error, there is something that has often helped in the past for other users experiencing odd issues. You may want to try it.

A fresh install of the main game in a new location, close to the root of your installation drive. So depending on your operating system, let's just take Windows for example, if you were installing it on your desktop it might have a filepath like: "C:\users\username\desktop\games\The Tyrant 0.9.4b\SAZMOD\" So when reinstalling the game you might choose a location like "C:\games\The Tyrant 0.9.4b\SAZMOD\" instead. I don't know exactly why a shorter file path seems to help some users that are experiencing issues. We found this fix on a few other threads for different games and decided to try it when we couldn't figure out how help to them when they had issues that no one else was having with the mod at the time. It ended up helping. Might be worth giving a shot, if you haven't already tried it.
okay i wll try that way bro but can you tell me how many new scenes in there?

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
okay i wll try that way bro but can you tell me how many new scenes in there?
I hope it helps! :) Sure, these are the scenes in the 0.9.4b mod update that were added or have variations with Twisted scenes or Darker Paths:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
These can also be found in the Change-Logs on the OP if needed as well. (y)

NightShades

Mar 30, 2020
I hope it helps! :) Sure, these are the scenes in the 0.9.4b mod update that were added or have variations with Twisted scenes or Darker Paths:
These can also be found in the Change-Logs on the OP if needed as well. (y)
i think the problem is Hot fix or Spot1000 animation so i will try again when new update come i hope you will update with more new ntr scenes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
how to can i get alexis and davide web scene
This is the NTR(Darker Paths) version of any of her City Trips. I'll post the requirements for all of the girl's City Trips below. You just need to make sure after you have met those requirements, you have Alexis's relationship points at 5 or below when entering the Weekend and then selecting any of her City Trips. That will start this scene.

matezmaj

Jan 31, 2018
can sambody explain step by step whot i need to do so game can work ??? i folow guide on mod but when i click on game game dont start at al please samone share detail text whot nd how to do ty

cebs

Engaged Member
Donor
Compressor
Feb 19, 2018
can sambody explain step by step whot i need to do so game can work ??? i folow guide on mod but when i click on game game dont start at al please samone share detail text whot nd how to do ty
Which version are you running? If you're playing 0.9.4 then you need to change to 0.9.4b

Reactions: S A Z

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I'm sorry you're having some issues with the mod. :( The installation instructions are already pretty much step-by-step. I'll include them below, just in case.
A few tips if it's not working to possibly try out:
  • As cebs mentioned earlier, make sure you're playing on the 0.9.4b version of the main game. If you're not, you can download that from the OP on the main game. The compressed version of the game should already be the 0.9.4b version.
  • Make sure you're moving the whole 'SAZMOD' folder into the 'game' folder for 'The Tyrant' and moving the folders inside of the 'SAZMOD' folder.
  • When you're done it should look like: The Tyrant > game > SAZMOD > edited, music, scripts
  • If your main game is installed a few folders deep, such as: C:\users\username\desktop\games\renpy\The Tryrant 0.9.4b - This is just an example, but sometimes longer file paths cause issues once everything is installed on some user's systems. So if your installation path is long like the example on I gave above, try a fresh install in a new location such as: C:\games\The Tyrant 0.9.4b
  • If you're getting an actual error that is appearing with your game not starting up with the mod, please post a copy of the Traceback text, or a screenshot of the error as that will help a lot in trying to figure out what is preventing the game from starting for you.

Reactions: Lady Aspen

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Anyone playing with hotfix04 version? Honestly i was waiting final version of mod but im thinking maybe give a try if its good enough without big bugs etc?

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Anyone playing with hotfix04 version? Honestly i was waiting final version of mod but im thinking maybe give a try if its good enough without big bugs etc?
Of course this could change with other user's replies, but I believe we've gotten most of the big bugs worked out at this point. Except for a save location change for Linux users, making it so there is no longer an extra RenPy folder, I have only been making minor spelling and grammar edits for the upcoming Official Release (moving from the beta release).

I'm also working on two more scenes to sort of cap things off for the "Official" 0.9.4b mod update. One is using assets already in the game and the other is using my own renders (plus a minor update to the character's interactions to introduce the scene). These are not enormous scenes, but time, as always, has been at a premium. So I'm just working at a slow and steady pace on those, as I can.

And just to reiterate, this is not the last update ever, this is just the update bringing the mod to the "Official" version instead of the "Beta" for the 0.9.4b version. It should be very stable and will have all the HotFixes up to this point integrated into it's release.

I am sorry it's taking me a while again though. IRL is doing it's thing again, as I'm sure many of you are dealing with not fun stuff too. I wish you all the best and hope you're doing well.

JoeBeans

Jan 9, 2018
So installed the game applied the hotfix and everything was fine until I tried the date thing then error after error, something about: game/SAZMOD/scripts/weekend/weekend.rpy", line 1703 IOError: Couldn't find file 'SAZMOD/edited/anim/spot1000/date/21pm 030a.webm'... the only sub directory after anim is saz and a search finds no 21pm 030a.webm. Near as I can tell there are no webm files in the tyrant directory.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
So installed the game applied the hotfix and everything was fine until I tried the date thing then error after error, something about: game/SAZMOD/scripts/weekend/weekend.rpy", line 1703 IOError: Couldn't find file 'SAZMOD/edited/anim/spot1000/date/21pm 030a.webm'... the only sub directory after anim is saz and a search finds no 21pm 030a.webm. Near as I can tell there are no webm files in the tyrant directory.
That is weird. It looks like somehow the flag for the spot1000 animation pack got turned on. There is nothing that I could find in the HotFixv04 that should have flipped that flag, but as you don't have that animation pack installed from your description you should be able to go the phone's cheat menu and click on the button shown below:
1649272832824.png

Once you click on it, that should set spot1000anim to False. Which should hopefully fix your issue. If it doesn't you can try going to the console by pressing shift+o then typing $ spot1000anim = False and pressing enter then type exit and press enter. That should also set that variable to False, if needed.

I hope this helps. :) Please let me know if it doesn't.

JoeBeans

Jan 9, 2018
That is weird. It looks like somehow the flag for the spot1000 animation pack got turned on. There is nothing that I could find in the HotFixv04 that should have flipped that flag, but as you don't have that animation pack installed from your description you should be able to go the phone's cheat menu and click on the button shown below:
View attachment 1743619

Once you click on it, that should set spot1000anim to False. Which should hopefully fix your issue. If it doesn't you can try going to the console by pressing shift+o then typing $ spot1000anim = False and pressing enter then type exit and press enter. That should also set that variable to False, if needed.

I hope this helps. :) Please let me know if it doesn't.
Didnt notice the animation pack in the OP...downloading now, I'll be back and thanks for the input.

Reactions: S A Z

randomguy6516265165

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 21, 2018
the workupload link for the mod is dead btw SAZ will you work on the night events? the one where the girls compete between each other also is there any way to disable the save naming feature?

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 50 Votes