Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
Yes true Sci Fi geeks will note I reworded Susan Ivanova's speech, if you do not know who I mean Shame On you lol.

Reactions: S A Z

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Yo whats the mods ETA you still waiting on saddog?
I'm not necessarily waiting on his patch, but he might release it before I'm finished with my mod update. In which case I'll pull the patch into the game and then and release it all at once. But for now here's the progress for my 0.70 version of the mod.
  • Play the original update content and review the code to get familiar with the changes. DONE
    • It's important to see what Saddog made on it's own so I can try to match the trajectory his game is heading towards. This helps so I don't have to do as many rewrites if something big changes. It doesn't take too long to do this but I also try to start a game from scratch as well so I can see in game, any changes made to earlier code.
    • Then it comes to looking at the new .rpy files and seeing how they come together as a whole with the rest of the game. It's the prep-work for the next step.
  • Convert 0.6.5 mod content to the 0.7.0 update. DONE
    • This is where I have to check my code pretty much line for line against the new update to check for new triggers that have been added to old events and changes made in the code by Saddog during his update process. As his game gets more involved and complex this becomes more and more involved. Especially because my code is heavily modified to create all the different paths and additional systems I've added to the mod. There are also some errors which Saddog hasn't gotten around to fixing in his version so I need to be careful to not re-introduce old problems. :)
  • Create and Modify the 0.7.0 content needed for the mod. IN PROGRESS
    • This is where I create the Darker Paths dialogue and the twisted paths for the Love and Corruption scenes. This sometimes involves creating new icons and modifying images to better match the tone of the different paths. The writing tends to take the longest overall.
    • This is what I have so far:
      • Messenger System: DONE
        • Fixed some errors, unused code causing issues, and a missing picture DONE
        • Adjust old code to accommodate for the new date and weekend system that now uses the phone's Messenger app to start events. DONE
      • Irina and Alexis Lesbian/Threeway Scene: NOT STARTED
        • Twisted paths for the Love and Corruption paths
        • Darker Paths for the NTR version of this event
      • Love Options for Irina Temple Date: IN PROGRESS
        • Twisted path for the Love path IN PROGRESS
      • General error fixes and minor improvements to the code in general: IN PROGRESS
  • Playtest and error fixes to my mod code. IN PROGRESS
So to actually answer your question... I suspect it will take me a few days to finish what's left still. I don't make any promises as that just stresses me out to force a deadline on myself for something I am doing for fun. But I really want to get it out as fast as I can for you all. Besides I have another scene I was rendering with Cassandra and the MC that I put on pause when update came out that I want to get back to and add to the game as well. :)

Sorry for the long response, but I think it helps to see the process so you can understand where I'm coming from when I say it could be a few days still.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I'm not necessarily waiting on his patch, but he might release it before I'm finished with my mod update. In which case I'll pull the patch into the game and then and release it all at once. But for now here's the progress for my 0.70 version of the mod.
  • Play the original update content and review the code to get familiar with the changes. DONE
    • It's important to see what Saddog made on it's own so I can try to match the trajectory his game is heading towards. This helps so I don't have to do as many rewrites if something big changes. It doesn't take too long to do this but I also try to start a game from scratch as well so I can see in game, any changes made to earlier code.
    • Then it comes to looking at the new .rpy files and seeing how they come together as a whole with the rest of the game. It's the prep-work for the next step.
    • This is where I have to check my code pretty much line for line against the new update to check for new triggers that have been added to old events and changes made in the code by Saddog during his update process. As his game gets more involved and complex this becomes more and more involved. Especially because my code is heavily modified to create all the different paths and additional systems I've added to the mod. There are also some errors which Saddog hasn't gotten around to fixing in his version so I need to be careful to not re-introduce old problems. :)
    • This is where I create the Darker Paths dialogue and the twisted paths for the Love and Corruption scenes. This sometimes involves creating new icons and modifying images to better match the tone of the different paths. The writing tends to take the longest overall.
        • Adjust old code to accommodate for the new date and weekend system that now uses the phone's Messenger app to start events. DONE
      • General error fixes and minor improvements to the code in general: IN PROGRESS
So to actually answer your question... I suspect it will take me a few days to finish what's left still. I don't make any promises as that just stresses me out to force a deadline on myself for something I am doing for fun. But I really want to get it out as fast as I can for you all. Besides I have another scene I was rendering with Cassandra and the MC that I put on pause when update came out that I want to get back to and add to the game as well. :)

Sorry for the long response, but I think it helps to see the process so you can understand where I'm coming from when I say it could be a few days still.
thats still damn fast! Thanks

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017

This is a great look at where you are at and your stuff is worth the wait.

To all those waiting remember the great quote "Patience young grasshopper" and PLEASE do not bug "The Great One" for updates. They more he has to reply the more we have to wait.

D

Deleted member 1200074

You know what, I actually wish you and the creator of the game were working together on this. I love what the creator is building, but you have made this game much more palatable depending on user preference. If the creator had taken your approach from the beginning, he would have one hell of a VN. I am someone that loves Netori (but I absolutely hate Netorare) and corruption storylines. Your mod allows me to see the content that matters most to me. Thanks for the work. Cheers, Mate!

Noname1822

Apr 22, 2018
I guess im stupid.. i followed the instructions thoroughly did it already like 10 times but keep getting this error i tried t ignore but it lead to much more errors.. can somebody help me? EDIT: im using windows if that helps

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I guess im stupid.. i followed the instructions thoroughly did it already like 10 times but keep getting this error i tried t ignore but it lead to much more errors.. can somebody help me? EDIT: im using windows if that helps
View attachment 289573
The mod is not updated to the 0.7.0 version of The Tyrant yet. That's why it's not working. You probably installed it just like you are supposed too.

Randeep44

Jan 16, 2019
In the 0.7 version of your mod can you add the old UI style with the quicksave,quickload and skip button avaiable like in previous versions?

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Hello everyone!

Just a quick progress report. I've finished updating the scenes for 0.7.0 version of the mod. With the patch intended to be released sometime Saturday the 27th, I plan to keep testing what I have and then when the patch is released, I'll update and include that content in my initial release for the mod. Hopefully testing on the bulk of the Mod will be done so I only have to do small tests on the new content. Just wanted to let you know where I was at and what I was planning from here.

When the patch drops I should have a better idea of how long that should take to update it's content. I've already prepped some code for the Love version of Nicole's outing since we know that's coming with the patch.

If for some reason the patch doesn't drop on time, my plan is to release the 0.7.0 version of the mod I have now on Sunday, most likely in the evening.

That's about all I can think of.

Thanks to everyone for the many kind words and encouragement and for the suggestions for improvements and new content. It's much appreciated.

For now, that's all folks.

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes