Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
i have played the game before yeah. So do i download the decoder or file viewer?
Well if you've played it before and it was working then you shouldn't have to install it.

But what you want is the link below those called "Download for Mac OS X" that links to this file - "libwebp-1.0.2-mac-10.14.tar.gz."
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

janagres210

Mar 10, 2019
Well if you've played it before and it was working then you shouldn't have to install it.

But what you want is the link below those called "Download for Mac OS X" that links to this file - "libwebp-1.0.2-mac-10.14.tar.gz."
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
yep i got that and do i drop in the folder or files in the game folder or what?? Sorry again

Lady Aspen

Country girl
GFX Designer
Respected User
Feb 19, 2019
yep i got that and do i drop in the folder or files in the game folder or what?? Sorry again
Install webp on Mac OSX you need to setup file
  • App website:
1-Press Command+Space and type Terminal and press enter/return key.
2-Run in Terminal app: type
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL )" < /dev/null 2> /dev/null
and press enter/return key.
If the screen prompts you to enter a password, please enter your Mac's user password to continue. When you type the password, it won't be displayed on screen, but the system would accept it. So just type your password and press ENTER/RETURN key. Then wait for the command to finish.
3-Run -brew install webp Done! You can now use webp :)

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Thanks Lady Aspen for answering that. :)

janagres210 I know you did a re-install already. Did it happen to be to a different location than it was before? Or with a different folder name for The Tyrant?

Earlier in the thread there was another user that was having an issue playing with the mod on a Mac. They did all the things you're going through now, but what finally got it working was installing The Tyrant with a different folder name in a different location. What I believe was causing the issue was data stored at an OS level for the game. Something like persistent save data stored in the AppData folder for windows. Moving installation locations creates new pathways for RenPy data like that and that worked for the user then.

I don't know if that will help in this instance or not, but it might possibly be worth a try. :( I had a friend test this version of the mod on their Mac before releasing it and it was working for them, but that was all the testing on a Mac I was able to do with it I'm afraid. I only have Windows and Linux machines personally.

I'll keep looking into possible causes. If you could keep us updated on whether or not anything we suggested works that would be greatly appreciated. :)

janagres210

Mar 10, 2019
Thanks Lady Aspen for answering that. :)

janagres210 I know you did a re-install already. Did it happen to be to a different location than it was before? Or with a different folder name for The Tyrant?

Earlier in the thread there was another user that was having an issue playing with the mod on a Mac. They did all the things you're going through now, but what finally got it working was installing The Tyrant with a different folder name in a different location. What I believe was causing the issue was data stored at an OS level for the game. Something like persistent save data stored in the AppData folder for windows. Moving installation locations creates new pathways for RenPy data like that and that worked for the user then.

I don't know if that will help in this instance or not, but it might possibly be worth a try. :( I had a friend test this version of the mod on their Mac before releasing it and it was working for them, but that was all the testing on a Mac I was able to do with it I'm afraid. I only have Windows and Linux machines personally.

I'll keep looking into possible causes. If you could keep us updated on whether or not anything we suggested works that would be greatly appreciated. :)
i think i installed in the same folder like the MEGASYNC download folder

Last edited:

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
ill try downloading the tyrant in another folder then my previous one and do the rest and see if it works if it doesn't then ill try the web thing
If you keep having issues, could you please also post a screenshot of the contents of the images folder?

janagres210

Mar 10, 2019
If you keep having issues, could you please also post a screenshot of the contents of the images folder?
even though i downloaded the app in a different folder the previous old saves are still there. I downloaded the app in my download folder and previously i did it in the MEGAsync download

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
even though i downloaded the app in a different folder the previous old saves are still there. I downloaded the app in my download folder and previously i did it in the MEGAsync download
If you're on a Mac and want to do something with your save files (please be careful), you can find them here:
/Users/[username]/Library/RenPy/TheTyrant-1504059355 <--- Base, unmodded saves
/Users/[username]/Library/RenPy/TheTyrant-CustomV01 <--- S A Z modded saves

Reactions: S A Z

Lady Aspen

Country girl
GFX Designer
Respected User
Feb 19, 2019
  • OS X 10.3 Panther (Pinot)
  • OS X 10.4 Tiger (Merlot)
  • OS X 10.4.4 Tiger (Chardonnay)
  • OS X 10.5 Leopard (Chablis)
  • OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
  • OS X 10.7 Lion (Barolo)
  • OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Zinfandel)
  • OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Cabernet)
  • OS X 10.10: Yosemite (Syrah)
  • OS X 10.11: El Capitan (Gala)
  • macOS 10.12: Sierra (Fuji)
  • macOS 10.13: High Sierra (Lobo)
Check your Mac version if you have Each version on the list Just follow the steps.
If you have macOS 10.14: Mojave (Liberty) you don't need setup webp. because macOS 10.14: Mojave (Liberty) have webp By default .

Lady Aspen

Country girl
GFX Designer
Respected User
Feb 19, 2019
You can find out Mac OS X operating system version information from Terminal command prompt

-use ssh client to login into my Mac Min server without GUI .
-system_profiler command – Show Apple hardware and software configuration.
-sw_vers command – Show Mac OS X operating system version.
-uname command – Show operating system name and more.
or
Determine OS X version from the command line:

Open the terminal app and type the following command==>and type $ sw_vers
find-OS-X-version-from-the-command-line.jpg

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Install webp on Mac OSX you need to setup file
  • App website:
1-Press Command+Space and type Terminal and press enter/return key.
2-Run in Terminal app: type
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL )" < /dev/null 2> /dev/null
and press enter/return key.
If the screen prompts you to enter a password, please enter your Mac's user password to continue. When you type the password, it won't be displayed on screen, but the system would accept it. So just type your password and press ENTER/RETURN key. Then wait for the command to finish.
3-Run -brew install webp Done! You can now use webp :)
I'm going to add these to the OP under the installation instructions. Thanks again Lady Aspen!

janagres210

Mar 10, 2019
i pasted this in terminal: ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL )" < /dev/null 2> /dev/null and it says installing command line tool. Am i doing it right?

janagres210

Mar 10, 2019
Yeah press enter/return key. If the screen prompts you to enter a password, please enter your Mac's user password to continue. When you type the password, it won't be displayed on screen, but the system would accept it. So just type your password and press ENTER/RETURN key. Then wait for the command to finish.
Yeah press enter/return key. If the screen prompts you to enter a password, please enter your Mac's user password to continue. When you type the password, it won't be displayed on screen, but the system would accept it. So just type your password and press ENTER/RETURN key. Then wait for the command to finish.
yh i did it and it says at the end Run 'brew help' to get started

Reactions: Lady Aspen
4.90 star(s) 50 Votes