Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Before anyone else asks the same question 5 or more times, based on below S A Z will you be adding to your mod or waiting for the next update?
Well, I can tell you I'm definitely not waiting specifically for a new game update before updating the mod. But if Saddog hits his goal of having 8.0 out by next weekend, then it might come out before I'm done.

Here is what I've been working on for the next mod update.

Completed:
  • Non-intrusive Installation
  • Updated Phone System - New buttons and layout
  • Updated Buttons for all choices
  • Updated UI for Locations and Town
Work in Progress
  • Darker Paths Options
    • Disable Darker Paths for Individual Girls
    • Enable Normal Darker Paths requirements for Individual Girls
    • Enable Forced Darker Paths for Individual Girls (Like Hardmode)
  • Terminal Menu System
    • Possibly used for viewing Hidden Cameras the MC would plant in different places
    • Maybe a way to view scenes created from Patreon Artwork or Fan-art that doesn't fit the rest of the storyline.
    • Still deciding on what to do it. But the Menu system is already finished. :)
Possible Additions:
  • Render a new Alexis Scene for the mod - I want to do this, but it will boil down to time for this next update.
  • Breeding options for Nicole during Orgy - This is sort of already done as I have added some alternate versions for when the scene is repeated, but I am still fleshing this one out. Might add more options, don't know exactly what though.
  • Morning Scenes using reactions assets for Nicole, Cassandra, and Alexis. (A suggested idea I liked.)
So as you can see, I haven't been idle.

The Non-intrusive installations system is complete. The next release will be easier than ever to install. All you'll have to do is download the mod and extract the 'SAZMOD' folder from the downloaded zip file and place it into the 'game' folder for The Tyrant. And that's it. You don't need to run UnRen. You don't need to overwrite any files. The mod will have it's own saves and if you ever want to go back to the original version of the game, all you have to do it remove or delete the 'SAZMOD' folder from The Tyrant's 'game' folder and you're back to the original version.

There is a pretty big caveat though. Old saves from previous versions of the mod and the original version are not compatible with the new version of the mod. It uses it's own saves, which works perfectly with MAC and Linux (both have been tested). In Windows systems, Renpy looks at both local saves in The Tyrant and in the %appdata% of the current user. I have made it so it creates it's own saves in a unique %appdata% folder for Windows systems, but I can't stop it from seeing old saves in the local 'saves' folder. So just don't load those old saves. However, because it defaults to the %appdata% folder and the latest save version, you can save mod saves over those old save slots to hide them. The nice part is that since I've disabled local saving for the mod version, you won't actually over write those old saves. It is just using that unique folder in %appdata% for the mod. So if you uninstall the mod later, those old saves are still safe in the local folder and in the original game's %appdata% folder.

I'm pretty far into the Darker Paths Options, I just need to convert in the in game conditional statements to match the system I already coded. It's mostly easy to do, just takes time. And as I mentioned before the Terminal Menu System (Accessed in the MC's Room on his Laptop) is already created, I'm just figuring out what I want to do with it.

Here are some examples of the new UI system I've been completing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think that is enough for now and I hope it answered your question.

I don't have an estimate on when it will be done. We all know what happens when I do that. :)

This has been and continues to be a lot of fun to work on and I hope these additions and changes will please at least one or two of you!

Thanks everyone for your interest and support for the mod.

TL;DR - I am working on the next mod update already.

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
Well, I can tell you I'm definitely not waiting specifically for a new game update before updating the mod. But if Saddog hits his goal of having 8.0 out by next weekend, then it might come out before I'm done.

Completed:
Work in Progress
  • Darker Paths Options
  • Terminal Menu System
    • Possibly used for viewing Hidden Cameras the MC would plant in different places
    • Maybe a way to view scenes created from Patreon Artwork or Fan-art that doesn't fit the rest of the storyline.
Possible Additions:
  • Render a new Alexis Scene for the mod - I want to do this, but it will boil down to time for this next update.
  • Breeding options for Nicole during Orgy - This is sort of already done as I have added some alternate versions for when the scene is repeated, but I am still fleshing this one out. Might add more options, don't know exactly what though.
  • Morning Scenes using reactions assets for Nicole, Cassandra, and Alexis. (A suggested idea I liked.)

The Non-intrusive installations system is complete. The next release will be easier than ever to install. All you'll have to do is download the mod and extract the 'SAZMOD' folder from the downloaded zip file and place it into the 'game' folder for The Tyrant. And that's it. You don't need to run UnRen. You don't need to overwrite any files. The mod will have it's own saves and if you ever want to go back to the original version of the game, all you have to do it remove or delete the 'SAZMOD' folder from The Tyrant's 'game' folder and you're back to the original version.

There is a pretty big caveat though. Old saves from previous versions of the mod and the original version are not compatible with the new version of the mod. It uses it's own saves, which works perfectly with MAC and Linux (both have been tested). In Windows systems, Renpy looks at both local saves in The Tyrant and in the %appdata% of the current user. I have made it so it creates it's own saves in a unique %appdata% folder for Windows systems, but I can't stop it from seeing old saves in the local 'saves' folder. So just don't load those old saves. However, because it defaults to the %appdata% folder and the latest save version, you can save mod saves over those old save slots to hide them. The nice part is that since I've disabled local saving for the mod version, you won't actually over write those old saves. It is just using that unique folder in %appdata% for the mod. So if you uninstall the mod later, those old saves are still safe in the local folder and in the original game's %appdata% folder.

I'm pretty far into the Darker Paths Options, I just need to convert in the in game conditional statements to match the system I already coded. It's mostly easy to do, just takes time. And as I mentioned before the Terminal Menu System (Accessed in the MC's Room on his Laptop) is already created, I'm just figuring out what I want to do with it.

I don't have an estimate on when it will be done. We all know what happens when I do that. :)

This has been and continues to be a lot of fun to work on and I hope these additions and changes will please at least one or two of you!

God's work

evalf

May 26, 2019
Hard work!It's tiring!Why not add the CG released by the author to the game as an extension of the dark plot!Alexis meets with David about being licked! In addition to pregnancy, NTR cg Can be added to the dialogue plot to do the dark route !
English is not my native language Grammar is wrong sorry

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017

Completed:
Work in Progress
  • Darker Paths Options
  • Terminal Menu System
Possible Additions:

AWESOME as always S A Z, I was not wanting to rush you. just take your time you work is worth it.
FYI tested the non intrusive method and could not break it.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019

There is a pretty big caveat though. Old saves from previous versions of the mod and the original version are not compatible with the new version of the mod.
Well the releases are likely to be close so the way seems clear:
- Play the crap out of this game & mod until then.
- Delete it all including appdata saves
- Install Tyrant 8.0 > install new SAZ mod w/z Spot100 > install Lady Aspen pack.
- Play the crap out of this game & mod again :LOL:

krollmeister

Aug 9, 2017
Sorry about the delayed response.

This was a typo, that should be 5pm. What was added as an encounter with Kate, from unused assets, at the same time you can normally visit Cassandra at the gym. You just need to have met Kate at the club beforehand to unlock it.

An option to visit with Irina there was added, also from unused assets, in an earlier update to the mod.
forgot all about Kate, gives me a reason to re-install and replay again

uberzubron

Nov 14, 2017
Well the releases are likely to be close so the way seems clear:
- Play the crap out of this game & mod until then.
- Delete it all including appdata saves
- Install Tyrant 8.0 > install new SAZ mod w/z Spot100 > install Lady Aspen pack.
- Play the crap out of this game & mod again :LOL:
what is this Lady Aspen pack you speak of??!

Reactions: Mikilande

Dilshad Klein

Jul 24, 2018
I'm playing with NTR route but I had to manually reduce my relationship less than 5 to get access to NTR scenes. Is is supposed to happen? Shouldn't it automatically trigger it?

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I'm playing with NTR route but I had to manually reduce my relationship less than 5 to get access to NTR scenes. Is is supposed to happen? Shouldn't it automatically trigger it?
You need to turn on Hardmode to have it ignore relationship points. You can turn that on in the Mc's room. If you have selected a Darker Paths route for one of the girls in the phone's cheat menu, it will automatically select that path for you instead of giving you a choice before each Darker Path scene.

Raknor

May 12, 2019
Oh, I noticed, on Nicole's first date, that there are some scenes of her getting fucked by the guy she is trying to avoid. How do you trigger those scenes?

Raknor

May 12, 2019
In the gym, there needs to be a corruption shower scene where he actually fucks Cassandra. Of course, after he "trains" her to deepthroat in the locker room.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Hey, if you're still looking to refine the mod, I'd like to make a suggestion that in either the Voyeur or NTR Paths, the women's reaction should be made more ambiguous. As it stands now, the reactions are pretty much identical - they clearly enjoy it - with the differentiator lying solely with the MC's reaction.

Point being, when they're screaming "Harder," "OMG Yes!" "Let's do it again" and the like in pretty much all the scenes, the secretly enjoying it/don't want to admit it part goes completely out the window and jumps directly to "not secret at all/want to shout it to everyone within earshot territory" without passing "Go". What I propose is that in one of the paths the "don't want to admit it" flavor be retained.

IMO, having the MC have to read between the lines a bit and thinking "Is she actually enjoying this?" (rather than "Bitch is enjoying this. Mom is such a cum slut" every time) can make scenes a lot hotter.

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
Hey, if you're still looking to refine the mod, I'd like to make a suggestion that in either the Voyeur or NTR Paths, the women's reaction should be made more ambiguous. As it stands now, the reactions are pretty much identical - they clearly enjoy it - with the differentiator lying solely with the MC's reaction.

Point being, when they're screaming "Harder," "OMG Yes!" "Let's do it again" and the like in pretty much all the scenes, the secretly enjoying it/don't want to admit it part goes completely out the window and jumps directly to "not secret at all/want to shout it to everyone within earshot territory" without passing "Go". What I propose is that in one of the paths the "don't want to admit it" flavor be retained.

IMO, having the MC have to read between the lines a bit and thinking "Is she actually enjoying this?" (rather than "Bitch is enjoying this. Mom is such a cum slut" every time) can make scenes a lot hotter.
Tangental to that, Alexis NTR scenes with Davide are a bit odd. She has no problems taking it up the butt in the basement but even on a "girl positive"-path she has large reservations with vaginal sex and does not seem to like it at much, despite everything else that has happened.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017

I have mentioned this before in the thread, I'm pretty much always tweaking and refining the writing. :)

When I first created the mod it wasn't anything really ambitious. I just wanted to clean up the overall grammar without losing the feel of what the game originally was. I would changing the a word here and there, but it was nothing profound. Eventually I decided to change the girls dialogue into two paths. One where they "not-so-secretly" like it (original form) and another where they were truly against it, but were stuck in a dangerous situation. At the time the MC's reaction was tied to the girl's reactions. So if they liked it, so did he. If they didn't, he didn't either.

It was then I mentioned what I doing on the main game's thread and some people showed some interest in playing it, leading to the first release of the mod.

Afterwards, I changed things up by creating an option for the MC to like or dislike NTR on either path for the girls. Then suggestions came in for more paths and I came up with other ideas and eventual the mod found it's way to it's current form, the "Darker Paths" and "Twisted" options for the Love/Corruption scenes.

The Darker Paths are now like this.

Darker Paths:
  • Girls like it - Same dialogue for the girls in both paths below
    • MC likes it - Voyeur
    • MC doesn't like it - NTR
  • Girls don't like it - Same dialogue for the girls in both paths below
    • MC likes it - Sadist
    • MC doesn't like it - Revenge
At the moment the mod is approaching three times the lines of dialogue with the different options available, compared to the original game. At first I didn't want to change the overall feel saddog had in the game, so I kept the new dialogue pretty close to the original, just changing the context or tone of the scenes to fit the different paths. Overtime I started taking more liberties in certain scenes but I found that I would bounce back and forth between original flavor dialogue and something different.

This has created inconsistencies in how each girl feels at time and in style of writing, some of which being mostly original script with just some simple grammar changes and other times it's much more my personal style.

I am slowly working on cleaning up these inconsistencies and improving the quality of writing overall. There are some things I'm still deciding on where I want to go with them. Such as the use of phonetic moans. I have considered using a more narrative form where something like Hnng... would be Nicole bits down on her lower lip and tries to hold back a deeply sensual moan without much success. Or something more of a mixture like this, Nicole softly whimpers as you enter her, "Ohhh... god yes..." which makes you even more determined to make her yours alone. But to do a huge shift in what is currently there will take quite a bit of time.

So while I absolutely agree with your suggestions, I don't know if I'll get time to do a sweeping change to the whole mod anytime soon. So I will probably be choosing a different scene or two with each update and start incorporating the many great suggestions given here, such as yours. As well as adding writing improvements I've garnered from my own writing practice into the mod as I can.

Eventually, I want to add things like actually plot progression and resolution, interaction scenes between the MC and the girls to build more of a relationship with each of them, and cleaning up the reactions for the girls to better reflect their experiences and the scenes already in the game, which would help address the issues numanumani's mentioned as well.

I've also toyed with the idea of a prologue chapter where you see how they got into this mess while the MC was studying abroad (I have had this suggested to me a couple times as well, so I think others would be interested in seeing something along those lines.)

I want to see where Saddog goes with the original game too and what assets I'll have to play with from that end.

I like this game a lot and I am really enjoying playing around in it's world. I see even more coming from the mod after the games conclusion as I will know what it actually covers and where I need to add more.

Anyways, sorry for the wall of text.

TL;DR - Great suggestions and I hope to incorporate suggestions like this more as I continue to improve the mod.

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 50 Votes