Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

Fission Mailed

Modder
Nov 27, 2017
I dont get why you dont just take over production on the game SAZ, its proven to be wildly successful when in active development and you clearly have the know-how and interest to a degree. Its not like saddog can sue you, if you were to create a patreon taking over The Tyrant I garuntee youd have money rolling in by the end of the day to support development.

People already do this for "Big Brother", making bank of of an abandoned title, why do it for free when you could be having a monthly stream of revenue on top of what you are already doing for the game?
As someone who has a few "fun" hobbies that other people do for work...turning a fun hobby into a paid job makes it not a fun hobby anymore and it just sucks like any other job.

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
As someone who has a few "fun" hobbies that other people do for work...turning a fun hobby into a paid job makes it not a fun hobby anymore and it just sucks like any other job.
yeah, and being a "paid" dev on this site is a nightmare. Saz takes a while to release an update but he does it for free as a mod and still get shit for it from time to time, if he was using patreon he'll be called a "milker".

A game like this also cause some people to spew hate for other reasons as well, and I don't think anybody need that in their life.

Last edited:

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
yeah, and being a "paid" dev on this site is a nightmare. Saz takes a while to release an update but he does it for free as a mod and still get shit for it from time to time, if he was using patreon he'll be called a "milker".

A game like this also cause some people to spew hate for other reasons as well, and I don't think anybody need that in their life.
Calling a dev a milker is sometimes completely justified though. Some devs take months to update, and the update is like two scenes. Other times people call a dev a milker when an update is like a week late because of things out of their control. Fact is if you're a "paid" dev then much like any other thing people pay for, they expect to receive the thing they paid for. When they don't then it's understandable people get pissy.

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
Calling a dev a milker is sometimes completely justified though. Some devs take months to update, and the update is like two scenes. Other times people call a dev a milker when an update is like a week late because of things out of their control. Fact is if you're a "paid" dev then much like any other thing people pay for, they expect to receive the thing they paid for. When they don't then it's understandable people get pissy.
I talked about Saz not devs who under deliver.... I don't give a shit about those guys. But some devs put a lot of work into their games, but it wasn't "enough" so they are "milkers/scammers" ect. Saz put a lot of work on the mod, and like I said even when he does it for free you can see some comments on this thread giving him shit for one thing or another.

Once money is involved, more hate start to appear in the threads no matter how much work he'll do(even more so if it will be as an "official" dev for the game rather then just a mod), it's a headache nobody need their life.

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
There is being paid, and then there is being $PAID$.

If a dev isn't making the local equivalent of 4 figures US monthly, they shouldn't be expected to crank out content like a machine.

I talked about Saz not devs who under deliver.... I don't give a shit about those guys. But some devs put a lot of work into their games, but it wasn't "enough" so they are "milkers/scammers" ect. Saz put a lot of work on the mod, and like I said even when he does it for free you can see some comments on this thread giving him shit for one thing or another.

Once money is involved, more hate start to appear in the threads no matter how much work he'll do(even more so if it will be as an "official" dev for the game rather then just a mod), it's a headache nobody need their life.
Hate is cheap, particularly on a pirate website where many more people comment than are actually patrons (of anything).

Reactions: S A Z and Troqu

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017

Oh I wasn't talking about Saz. I was talking about Icstor types. And hey, if you can't handle people hating on your stuff, a creative career probably isn't for you.

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
yes i agree it can be -but if you like doing it and you can earn way more than a 9 to 5 is it really going to suck more than other jobs.lets face it had saddog been better this would have a gold mine for him all you have to do is be upfront with your patrons and they will stand by you-even now saddog has 101 patrons paying £340 a month now imagine if a talented,caring dev had produced the tyrant or goes to produce his own,i said and offered before if S A Z ever wants to go full time dev i would support him as would a lot of the people on this thread but i respect his wishes and love his work and his assistance here so i just hope someday in the future he thinks about it:love::love::love:(y)

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Hey SAZ will you plz make some scenes with STEVE in the game
At some point I might make some scenes with Steve, but very early on in the game he goes to jail and is basically out of the picture, so canonically he isn't really around for much of the game. So I may have to get creative on fitting something in with him in mind. But it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility. (y)

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Patreon Reward Images Add-on Progress Update:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello everyone! It's been a while. I just wanted to let you all know I'm around and still working on the mod and the Patreon Reward Images Add-on. IRL stuff has been on overload recently, but I keep plugging away where I can as always. I have gotten most of the backbone of the Add-on complete. I'm just focusing now on adding in the requirement flags for each of the images to show up in the system during game play and then I will move onto fleshing out the post dialogue for each of the images. Still a long road to go for this, but I just wanted to give you all an update. :) I hope you all are well and being safe out there and most of all finding something fun to do!

Thank you everyone for the support and kind words regarding the mod and more. As well as the suggestions and ideas you share with me. It's all appreciated. Even if I can't use everything I take note of it all and hopefully somewhere down the line it helps inspire something new.

I'm going to get back to things, but thank you again and keep being awesome!

redcaptain

Jul 29, 2020
Hello everyone! It's been a while. I just wanted to let you all know I'm around and still working on the mod and the Patreon Reward Images Add-on. IRL stuff has been on overload recently, but I keep plugging away where I can as always. I have gotten most of the backbone of the Add-on complete. I'm just focusing now on adding in the requirement flags for each of the images to show up in the system during game play and then I will move onto fleshing out the post dialogue for each of the images. Still a long road to go for this, but I just wanted to give you all an update. :) I hope you all are well and being safe out there and most of all finding something fun to do!

Thank you everyone for the support and kind words regarding the mod and more. As well as the suggestions and ideas you share with me. It's all appreciated. Even if I can't use everything I take note of it all and hopefully somewhere down the line it helps inspire something new.

This game is somehow alive because of SAZ and the FAN ART thread. In fact, it is one of the most active fan art threads here in f95. People love this game because of its potential, sadly, the dev does not care.

Thank you SAZ! God Bless you mate!

Dgunslinger

Feb 4, 2021

I've got 2 words for you : You Rock!
Wait.. I've got 2 more: Thank You!

steelmonkey76

Feb 4, 2021
Hi, a while ago on the weekend outings to the city you used to be able to take Nicole there but I haven't seen it recently with her just the two other chicas, does that still happen these days?

naz7

Nov 10, 2021
[OTE="S A Z, post: 7762960, member: 89569"]
Thank you once again! It's much appreciated, as always, and I have updated the OP. I hope everyone is feeling better as well! :D
[/QUOTE]
Saz this is so awesome I waited so many years for the saz mod to get a android port y'all rock and are awesome thank you thank you thank you this is a dream come true

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes