5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Hey Everglow, thanks for the game!

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what some of the stats accomplish and what changes them.
  • Girl Training: I haven't spotted the logic/pattern in the training conversations. I get three conversation options, how should I know which one is correct? Is it based on what the girl says? Her stats? I think I tried a conversation choice one night and it worked, and the next night the same choice failed.
  • I increased a girl's training to ~30, but I didn't notice this influencing anything else. Not sure if this just is not high enough to unlock more sex positions or what training is supposed to accomplish.
  • After I have sex with a girl, some of her stats change, but with all the different numbers it's hard remembering what her old stats were. It would be nice to see some sort of +1 indicator pop up or a Results splash to summarize changes. Something to give the player feedback without needing to remember that before sex her strength was 78 and afterwards it's 79.
  • Similarly I'm not sure what the MC stats accomplish. Maybe when the MC is doing something that requires/checks a stat like Strength there could be a "15 Strength Required = Success!" or similar popup to let the player know what's being tested against what threshold.
Your work is appreciated, cheers!
Previously, the choice of dialogue influenced her characterization
If you chose the main dialogue based on its characteristics, you have a better chance of success.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: nononomaybe

dookie85

Nov 18, 2020
  • Girl Training: I haven't spotted the logic/pattern in the training conversations. I get three conversation options, how should I know which one is correct? Is it based on what the girl says? Her stats? I think I tried a conversation choice one night and it worked, and the next night the same choice failed.
Check out Disgruntler's guide from a few pages ago. It tells us that training corresponds to Lewdness, Boldness and Obedience. If you chose the option from the employee's highest stat in these three categories, then you will have a higher chance of success.

• I increased a girl's training to ~30, but I didn't notice this influencing anything else. Not sure if this just is not high enough to unlock more sex positions or what training is supposed to accomplish.
  • After I have sex with a girl, some of her stats change, but with all the different numbers it's hard remembering what her old stats were. It would be nice to see some sort of +1 indicator pop up or a Results splash to summarize changes. Something to give the player feedback without needing to remember that before sex her strength was 78 and afterwards it's 79.
  • Similarly I'm not sure what the MC stats accomplish. Maybe when the MC is doing something that requires/checks a stat like Strength there could be a "15 Strength Required = Success!" or similar popup to let the player know what's being tested against what threshold.
See, this is exactly the issue I was describing earlier. In order to unlock sex positions and various jobs, you have to also upgrade the club's various rooms, such as the VIP, to higher levels. The training doesn't tell you what you've unlocked, or which stats increased, and it's hard to parse what skills/jobs each employee has available, and the same is true for the sex and gift actions, and MC stats as well.

I also noticed that the Spa and Bath jobs are never filled during the opened nights. Like previously discussed, this is likely due to certain packs not having these videos types sorted, but it would be nice to have filler portraits so we at least get the same gameplay even if we can't see that character's videos.

I'm checking out Feyschek's TUSC girlpack torrent, but it's harder to select which ones I want as opposed to the with its potraits and filters. IMO, downloading all 175gb is too much and big chunk of my monthly bandwidth, so I'm searching each actress's name one by one to see if I want the files in the torrent.

Reactions: nononomaybe

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
The training doesn't tell you what you've unlocked
When you click on the girl, it shows you what she has available and what she has unlocked, as well as her likes and her proficiencies in each category. When you train her, it unlocks the first thing on that list, as well as spa/gym/baths stuff in the same vein if she has it.

Training doesn't train stats. It only unlocks acts for her. If a girl doesn't have good stats she doesn't have good stats. The only stat you can actively train that I am aware of is strength, in your gym, provided your strength is 10+ above hers.

Daniel33373

Sep 15, 2017
Hey so the when I down load the pack and put in girls pack folder - then go to staff in game there are no girls - have tried few times…. It says that it found the packs at start page - max user

dookie85

Nov 18, 2020
Hey so the when I down load the pack and put in girls pack folder - then go to staff in game there are no girls - have tried few times…. It says that it found the packs at start page - max user
You have to leave the club to visit various establishments around town, then you have to talk to the girls and offer them a job first before they show up at your club's staff.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
As Dookie said, you start the game with nothing (no business, no girls). It is your job to get girls and build the business. First you must upgrade so you have a room (I really do not know if this is supposedly buying a bedroom to house the girl or if it is supposed to be something more like general square-footage of space for your business). Either way, the first "room" upgrade allows hiring of a single person. So you must "build space" then recruit/hire someone to use that space. You also need to build a type of area for them to work ("stage" being the expected first thing... I do not know if a different first build is possible or not). So you need to do all 3 of those things (2 upgrades and 1 hire).

berthou

May 1, 2018
Hi everybody.

I have an issue and would like to know if i do something wrong.
When i start a new game, 1st i buy a room, and a stage.
Then I go to the gym club to hire a girl.
Back into club, in management menu, i assign my girl to the stage.
Then i swap to night time in order to open club, but when i click on "open club" then nothing happen.

Can anybody tell me if i do wrong, of if i missed something please.

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
Hi everybody.

Then i swap to night time in order to open club, but when i click on "open club" then nothing happen.

You may not have enough money on hand to pay the girl to perform.

The girls assign themselves pretty well, especially at first. I wouldn't put my first girl into a specific job. Let her roam around doing whatever makes her (and you!) the most money.

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
RE: having default videos so "every girl does anything"

Just my thoughts: DON'T. The game should not make stuff up, because it will have to be done in a half-assed, incomplete fashion.

I personally find it completely immersion-breaking when (eg) someone like Hitomi Tanaka or Diamond Jackson suddenly turns into a small breasted, petite white girl. My point being, that if you want to supply defaults, they better be done really well or you are ruining an experience versus enhancing it.

If you want to try tackling this by supporting and matching tags for missing actions, this is going to be a huge huge programming problem that will require modification of both code and existing packs. For example, there is currently no information about ethnicity in the packs themselves...

Even if a tag match is implemented: There are SO MANY potential fetishes that matter to a player. The number of videos necessary to supply defaults for all the combinations of skin tone, ethnicity, breast size, body shape, natural vs enhanced, and so on is simply unfeasible.

And what the heck are you going to do about fictional girl packs where the only tag that can be supplied is 'other'? I guarantee that a blue-skinned reptilian alien chick is not going to be in any feasible default pack.

Leave it up to the packmakers to supply specific, suitable replacements for actions a girl doesn't do. That is the only way to avoid spending lots of scarce programming time on what will likely be an unsatisfying dead-end.

Regarding TUSC specific content: The game works well as is, if a girl doesn't have TUSC specific content. The real problem is that there is no place where TUSC specific content is explicitly spelled out, other than Feyschek's excellent but intermittent torrent. Scutterhut doesn't have a searchable field, and Sithlord's lists don't explicitly specify it either.

Last edited:

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
you know guys, I went nuts how much I distributed GB in a couple of days :)
In my torrent before the update in the game there was where 200 GB of which I distributed, and right now I already distributed 1200 GB :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: CaptC

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
Agreed that simply lowering all starting salaries to the base range would make the game fully playable and the player have the best chance at success. I don't really understand the big price differences either. I was basically accepting that there was a big price difference and assuming it is there intentionally and served a needed purpose, so I tried to suggest something that kept it but still let me use everyone equally. I end up only hiring the cheap people, which amounts to the same thing (other than expensive people still appear, I just don't hire them... at late game I can then pick up the expensive ones if I want).

It would be nice if there was a cancel button on the hiring request. It does bother me when I click to hire someone; see a huge price tag; and then must make them an offer and offend them anyway even though I do not want to make them an offer at all. Granted a loss of 5 relationship points or whatever the penalty is is trivial to re-gain.

You are also right that a lot of the mechanics are hidden from the player.
If you aren't aware, many of the girlpacks people use were originally created for another game on here, Venus Club. Its also good and I recommend it. When someone makes a girlpack and publishes it here for everyone else to use, they set a salary for that girl at whatever they want or think is appropriate. That aspect then gets reflected into the code of this game, although generally at a smaller amount than what's actually in the girlpack itself.

If you go to the VC thread, there's a great piece of software there called Lst_VenusClub where you can basically look at every girlpack that you have as a spreadsheet, and change anything about them that you want, including cost and photographs. Its extremely useful.

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023

Just my thoughts: DON'T. The game should not make stuff up, because it will have to be done in a half-assed, incomplete fashion.

I personally find it completely immersion-breaking when (eg) someone like Hitomi Tanaka or Diamond Jackson suddenly turns into a small breasted, petite white girl. My point being, that if you want to supply defaults, they better be done really well or you are ruining an experience versus enhancing it.

If you want to try tackling this by supporting and matching tags for missing actions, this is going to be a huge huge programming problem that will require modification of both code and existing packs. For example, there is currently no information about ethnicity in the packs themselves...

Even if a tag match is implemented: There are SO MANY potential fetishes that matter to a player. The number of videos necessary to supply defaults for all the combinations of skin tone, ethnicity, breast size, body shape, natural vs enhanced, and so on is simply unfeasible.

And what the heck are you going to do about fictional girl packs where the only tag that can be supplied is 'other'? I guarantee that a blue-skinned reptilian alien chick is not going to be in any feasible default pack.

Leave it up to the packmakers to supply specific, suitable replacements for actions a girl doesn't do. That is the only way to avoid spending lots of scarce programming time on what will likely be an unsatisfying dead-end.

Regarding TUSC specific content: The game works well as is, if a girl doesn't have TUSC specific content. The real problem is that there is no place where TUSC specific content is explicitly spelled out, other than Feyschek's excellent but intermittent torrent. Scutterhut doesn't have a searchable field, and Sithlord's lists don't explicitly specify it either.
Trust this man, he knows exactly what he's talking about.

MarcoPoolo

Dec 22, 2019
Holy moly, the last 3 pages are wild :p

A suggestion dev

Don't you think it's better to be able to start the bar even if you can't pay all the girls in advance, but you lose the game if you go negative after the night is over?

Why?

1) The gameplay is much better. Right now you have to be constantly on your toes when investing money to cover the lousy 2-5k girl cost per night. I think it is way too easy to accidentally go to 0 when upgrading or buying supplies. They are not intentional, they are just accidents and they happen very, very quickly.

2) Real life works the same way. If you work in a bar, you get paid after work. Not before.

Have a nice day.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Holy moly, the last 3 pages are wild :p

A suggestion dev

Don't you think it's better to be able to start the bar even if you can't pay all the girls in advance, but you lose the game if you go negative after the night is over?

Why?

1) The gameplay is much better. Right now you have to be constantly on your toes when investing money to cover the lousy 2-5k girl cost per night. I think it is way too easy to accidentally go to 0 when upgrading or buying supplies. They are not intentional, they are just accidents and they happen very, very quickly.

2) Real life works the same way. If you work in a bar, you get paid after work. Not before.

Have a nice day.
You can start the bar so long as you have -a- girl you can pay--you should always have 100 dollars which you can use. If you go down to below that, well.... don't.

MarcoPoolo

Dec 22, 2019
You can start the bar so long as you have -a- girl you can pay--you should always have 100 dollars which you can use. If you go down to below that, well.... don't.
?

what do you mean? to fire all the other girls when you go to 100 accidentally and then try to hire some girl to work for 100?

Its a very flawed system that can be amde much more enjoyable. Point

dookie85

Nov 18, 2020
If you aren't aware, many of the girlpacks people use were originally created for another game on here, Venus Club... When someone makes a girlpack and publishes it here for everyone else to use, they set a salary for that girl at whatever they want or think is appropriate.
We discussed this at length yesterday. I already told Redle about the VC girlpack editor, linked its thread, and explained how easy it is to use; but some people just refuse to do any editing themselves.

However, I think you're wrong about one thing, which I originally assumed was true too, but prices and requirements costs from the VC girlpacks aren't used by TUSC, and it bases their hiring price solely on the girl's Popularity value alone.

I was complaining that the new hiring haggling process was too opaque, and the prices seemed too random in relation to their skills, and so Disgruntler (VC's dev maintainer) told me about this key difference. It's unfortunate that it's not well documented, so even if you miss just one or two pages in this thread, you'll never hear about the differences between how girlpacks are utilized between the two games.

While I agree that default "generic" videos would be a pain to implement, and that it would lead new players to the wrong impression of the game; I disagree that this issue doesn't affect gameplay. Lots of people come to this thread, including myself, wondering why the gym/bath/spa doesn't work, even though we have to unlock them for other club upgrades. It doesn't matter in the mid or late-game when you're swimming in money, but in the early-game where most players struggle, it can impact your finances. Also, we never learn if the Massage skill/stat actually does anything.

My suggestion is to use a still image portrait from the same girlpack as a placeholder. This way, it's clear to the player that content is missing, so there's no confusion that it's not the intended media; but at the same time, it allows girls from those packs to complete the same gameplay mechanics, just without any videos. It would be easier to implement too.

(Edit: btw, thanks for contributing to making girlpacks.)

Last edited:

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
Hi everybody.

berthou might be a bug. Can you please share which girl you put on the stage? Or, if tried with different girls, the list of packs you used? Thx!

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
Girl Training: I haven't spotted the logic/pattern in the training conversations. I get three conversation options, how should I know which one is correct? Is it based on what the girl says? Her stats? I think I tried a conversation choice one night and it worked, and the next night the same choice failed.
As Disgruntler posted in his guide The 3 choices you have in trainings matches the 3 character traits form the girls, in particular:
- lewdness
- boasting
- obedience

Matching the correct option during training increase the probability to succeed.

I increased a girl's training to ~30, but I didn't notice this influencing anything else. Not sure if this just is not high enough to unlock more sex positions or what training is supposed to accomplish.
The number reported for training level is just (how many trainings you did)/(total trainings the girl accept).
Every training unlocks a specific performance. You can check which performances you unlocked clicking on a girl in the staff list. The ability to perform such performance in club during night depends on other factors like upgrades, experience, amount of customers.

After I have sex with a girl, some of her stats change, but with all the different numbers it's hard remembering what her old stats were. It would be nice to see some sort of +1 indicator pop up or a Results splash to summarize changes. Something to give the player feedback without needing to remember that before sex her strength was 78 and afterwards it's 79.

Similarly I'm not sure what the MC stats accomplish. Maybe when the MC is doing something that requires/checks a stat like Strength there could be a "15 Strength Required = Success!" or similar popup to let the player know what's being tested against what threshold.
Sounds a good idea, gonna add this in 1.1!

redle

Apr 12, 2017

Just my thoughts: DON'T.
The game already does this for gym training. You actually can still help train a girl in the gym even though she does not have a video. The game simply displays their full-body portrait rather than a specialized video.

The biggest problem here is simply that this is a game using and labeling as compatible things built for a completely different game where a number of features simply do no not exist. So it is very easy to end up with whole areas of the game that remain permanently blank. If only a few people here or there couldn't access certain areas it wouldn't really be an issue (at least a much more minor one).

As I mentioned in my suggestion, if a flag is added to the girl's descriptor file where the maker intentionally flags a category as unusable, then that's valid. And I have no problem with subsets being unavailable flagged or not (i.e. if a specific girl only does anal or does not do anal). The key here is that each broad-stroke category really must have at least 1 video so each area of the game can function (or filler is needed). Whether or not any given person can do all sub-categories does not really matter.

But on top of that, I don't care if said filler involves no imagery of any kind. I'm not saying said filler must be a generic video showing no faces, done in black and white so skin tone is unjudgeable, shot from bad angles and highly zoomed in so no body sizes and shapes can be judged (nor that a massive library of filler with a huge tagging system is needed). Simply showing the portrait with or without a no-video found... or... create an icon for missing video to be overlaid on the access button. Grey-out the button (with the obvious icon indicator of missing video). So people don't try to see it, but the task is still functional; the game isn't broken.

I'll also add that the game already cheats in other areas too. I looked at the Example Girl information to have a better idea of what categories were supposed to exist but didn't in a download girl pack. Based on what I saw, there is absolutely no sections at all for any of the introductory chatting with a girl (pre-hiring). All of those videos are apparently just grabbed from other categories, or just not showing a video if it doesn't find what it wants. So this is a second example where filler already is being used in the game.

===== addition:
Filler is being used generically. I am not using it to mean create 1-to-1 substitutions of someone else's video to be displayed (although that certainly is one of the possible ways of implementing filler). Filler refers to the fact that there is a void that breaks and blocks full game features. Fill the void with something (code, images, videos, redirects, anything) that allows the features to work. Your vote of, don't solve it with other people's videos is a valid complaint/worry.
but some people just refuse to do any editing themselves.
Just FYI, I do actually do plenty of creating, editing, and modding myself. But in this instance that does not actually accomplish what I want, nor would it improve the game.
Hi everybody.

Most likely you did nothing wrong at all. Most likely the game is working fine.

It is confusing at first, but once you press the "open club" button the game transitions to a Real-Time system. Basically the clock in the game is ticking on its own and progressing whether you do anything or not. Even more confusing is that people "Rest" without any indication they are doing so. Your club is open. Your stage is available. You have a girl on-shift and in this case even told her to work the stage. All that is fine, but she is still only going to actually go-on-stage whenever she feels like it. If you just sit there and wait at some point the screen will likely change and say that she is now on stage (and she will likely leave it before the night is over as well).

Last edited:

nononomaybe

Jun 6, 2018
- lewdness
- boasting
- obedience

Matching the correct option during training increase the probability to succeed.
Thanks, I understand now, much appreciated.

Having a probability of success makes it harder to figure out what's going on. In other parts of the game like hiring, either you offer enough salary or not, no random involved. Similar to stat changes I suggest the training rolls and thresholds be displayed to permit understanding of why something succeeded or failed (and that it is somewhat random). For reference, Masters of Raana & No Haven also use & display random rolls checked against thresholds. It may seem a little immersion breaking, but it makes it much clearer to the player why a particular outcome happened.

Cheers!

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes