5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Mr.Pzycho

Sep 23, 2017
Two girlpacks loaded, built room, bar, stage...where the hell do you find the girls to hire them? And I can't seem to buy a drink at the bar or disco.
Nevermind, I had copied in the examplegirl to the girlpack folder. Removing that I managed to meet and hire the first one. Now to download more packs :)

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
This game needs a guide for getting to the point of opening the club at least once. Right now it's a confusing mess.

DISGRUNTLER'S BAREBONES GUIDE TO HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY IN TUSC:

Step 0: Download girlpacks.

If you're not coming here from Venus' Club, check the girlpacks link in my signature. Also, check out this form for Venus' Club itself, there's two generic packs (Basic Packs I and Basic Packs II) that will give you a handful to start with.

Step 1: Buy stage 1, rooms 1.

This is the absolute barest minimum. You can get more based on strategy and starting money. Just make sure you have the bare minimum you need to pay a girl.

Step 2: Go into the city, and find a girl.
My recommendation is to find a girl with popularity less than 10, though if you know what you're doing a 10 or 20 is fine. Just know that the higher popularity is, the more the cost per day, and your club needs upgrades before this stat starts to pay dividends. Strength is also a stat that you want to see on a girl, but for your early first hire if you don't got it you don't got it.

1686488933329.png

Step 3: Either grind her to be cheap, or go for an early hire.

From here you have two options. You can smooth talk her a bit to get her popularity up and start hiring her and getting her to work right away, OR, you can start working on getting her to 100 so you can hire her cheaper later. The former gets your club up and running NOW, and the latter gets you cheaper nights down the road.

Currently, me and others suggest the 100 relationship route, though this can be time consuming. Later, when hiring, the gain per day for doing so will be less so it's less recommended. For this demonstration, I will hire her as is.

To start, I 'Ask About Her.'

Now, she can take up to three compliments. I'll open by complimenting her eyes, and then her body twice. I could compliment her breasts but at relationship 10 that'll only gain 3 points, whereas body is 5 points here. Later on, it'd be boobs and butts all day.

With her relationship at 15, I can carress her for 6 points twice. Groping only provides 3 at this level.

Now, if you decide to hire her right away, save the game, and then try to hire her for a little more expensive than her asking price. It would have been double if you didn't do the relationship work. If this doesn't work, reload, go a bit more expensive--find that sweet spot.

I find that at relationship 27, you can hire a 200-cost girl for 230, or a 15% markup.

Step 3a:

If you don't want to hire her right away, instead, keep chatting up candidate girls in the gym and cafe in order to build relationship. If you get to the end of the day, go into the club and hit the next calender day and repeat. You can only lose money if your club opens, and you have no girls so your club can't open anyways. Relationship grinding now = profits later and means more girls able to run your club later.

Step 4: Train her!

You've hired your first girl!

Now let's look at what she's willing to do:

So, first things first, I can see she's willing to go down and fuck. This is good, if I had VIP slots, she could start working those immediately. I don't now, however, and I should spend time to improve her while my club gets going.

Let's train her.

1686490185900.png
1686490363014.png
Before you go in to train her, pay attention to these three stats. Memorize which one is the highest and has the best chance of working. Now, when you get into dialog, she'll have three options. One corresponds to excitement and having fun (lewdness), one corresponds to making money (boldness) and the last involves bullying her (obedience.)

When you train her, she'll express a concern--hit the response that corresponds to her best stat, and there's a good chance she'll improve and open up another thing she'll do in the club. This is important because this is what changes girls from stage strippers to VIP stars.

Step 5: Work on the club itself

Now that I have her, I want to look at better upgrades for the club.

I might be able to afford Marketting, but that's going to result in rowdies knowing about my club before I have bouncers, so I tend to avoid that.

The bar is a good way to convert money into more money, so some recommend that. The stage, however, boosts everything you do, and is pivotal to unlocking VIP, and really getting the ball rolling.

The only wrong answer here is to not leave yourself with enough money to pay girls to work. If ever you get in a situation where you can't afford any girl, you won't be able to open the club and make money. This means you must always have, at minimum, the minimum salary of one of your girls. I suggest having more.

For this playthrough, I'm choosing to get Stage 2, Rooms 2, Gym 1, Baths 1, VIP 1 on the first day, with 2000 left over. However, you can go into the bar, start doing that. The gym lets me hire girls who show up in the gym , expanding my options, but also, this location favors TUSC-content girls, so I can make use of the gloryholes and spa. (disregard, everglow literally just changed this)

There is no wrong answer here, except for 'go broke.'

Never, ever, go broke.

Anyways, for this run I then work out at the gym (this is gains for later), and grab a coffee, and pad time until 20:00. You can spend this constructively working on girls.

Then open the club. This is where your work pays off. Your girls will work the stage, and if able, may even get VIP in if you have it. My girl doesn't have foreplay unlocked so she won't, but your starter girl might! Then you get a reply on how much money you made.

1686491239902.png
Now, had I waited and grinded relationship with her, I could have made 130 dollars extra, which adds up over time. But that's neither here nor there.

Now, I'm starting to look at my next hires. Your reasoning for hiring is up to you, but let's look at the advantages grinding to 100 gives:

1686492971188.png
Skylar Vox is a much more popular girl than Leana here, but because I got her popularity to 100, she's more or less the same price. This means she draws in more customers which maximizes profits. Lisa Lips is a far more expensive girl, but she's also a draw. Draw = more profits.

1686493048726.png
I've also quickly acquired enough to get vip up to level 2. Skylar and Lisa aren't yet trained to give handjobs, but VIP level 2 means they'll be able to work on oral which all of them have unlocked. As well, they can work more slots, so that means I have more revenue sources than just dancing.

I still have three more rooms, so I should look towards filling those.

pipwarn

Jun 10, 2022
Are they not showing up in the gym to be interacted with and hired?

Hiring prices and stats do not come from VC. The only stat that carries over is popularity, kind of.

Base hiring price is based solely on popularity. A girl that starts with 5 popularity has a base price of 200/day. They'll be more expensive at relationship 0, but can go down to 100 at relationship 100. A girl with 100 popularity will have a base price of 2500/day, down to as low as 1250.

You can set your girl up to be a 100000 moneyCost/100 reputationCost/100 influenceCost/100 connectionCost 100 stat wonder ultimate end-game girl, and if the popularity is 0, it'll start with 5 popularity and 200/day base price in TUSC.

Any other stats the girl has is determined by an optional data.yml file or are procedurally generated. If you're having a problem with a girl's stats though, you can always copy the data.yml from a girlpack that is TUSC-compliant into the old girlpack, change the data inside to suit your needs.
No in my own gym. In the older game they would say 'let me reward you'

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
No in my own gym. In the older game they would say 'let me reward you'
Might be fixed in new version, I haven't tested it yet. Girl might have starting strength already so may be above a trainable level.

everglow:

In 1.0.3, I was not able to open the club at 20:00 or 21:00 with 3 active girls, and the following set up:

Saving, and reloading into 1.0.1, however, I was able to.

1686497234049.png

Saved in 1.0.1, did another day in 1.0.3, same thing, club would not open.

1686497588335.png
Button is active, all 4 girls are 100/day, so money's not a problem. Save file works perfectly in 1.0.1, club opens without a problem.

pipwarn

Jun 10, 2022
Might be fixed in new version, I haven't tested it yet. Girl might have starting strength already so may be above a trainable level.

everglow:

In 1.0.3, I was not able to open the club at 20:00 or 21:00 with 3 active girls, and the following set up:

View attachment 2690406

View attachment 2690418
Button is active, all 4 girls are 100/day, so money's not a problem. Save file works perfectly in 1.0.1, club opens without a problem.
Just got the new version I'll test it for you!

andmont

Dec 8, 2017

everglow:

View attachment 2690406

View attachment 2690418
Same thing here everglow , can't open club in version 1.0.3 but I can on 1.0.1. In my case I tried with a new save thinking about possible compatibility issues but that didn't solve it.

davemanster

Jun 10, 2017
There should be a way to mass edit the girlpacks to "normalize" the various stats in relation to price. It should be fairly easy to write a script that checks the packs for standardization and imports only the normalized data
It’s just a JSON file. Power shell has this ability quite easily.

pipwarn

Jun 10, 2022

everglow:

View attachment 2690406

View attachment 2690418
Yoooo so i've tried it and it's not working. The game detect my packs are there it just says locked (so girls who can do oral in gym have it there but it stays locked). I will say, the dating sim part is so sexy and I would love to see it flshed out more. Keep up the AWESOME work

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016

My bad. Here is the fixed one:

Sorry to all of you for messing this up!

Cheers

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
Yoooo so i've tried it and it's not working. The game detect my packs are there it just says locked
Gym, spa and gloryhole performances unlocks after the relevant standard performances gets unlocked. For example: in order to have foreplay in gym, all the standard foreplay performances have to be unlocked.

dookie85

Nov 18, 2020
Any other stats the girl has is determined by an optional data.yml file or are procedurally generated. If you're having a problem with a girl's stats though, you can always copy the data.yml from a girlpack that is TUSC-compliant into the old girlpack, change the data inside to suit your needs.
It’s just a JSON file. Power shell has this ability quite easily.
Yes, I know you can edit the girlpacks fairly easily with plaintext editors. My issue is I'm unfamiliar with TUSC stats and don't understand how they affect performances yet. (e.g. I don't know what affects Mood or how it impacts performance) In VC, the stats seemed straightforward (i.e. "openness" directs what they can do, and the various skill levels were their effectiveness). I recall using something to edit packs en masse rather than manually with text editors, and I found a similar girlpack editing tool in Disgruntler's sig links, thanks.

Base hiring price is based solely on popularity. A girl that starts with 5 popularity has a base price of 200/day. They'll be more expensive at relationship 0, but can go down to 100 at relationship 100. A girl with 100 popularity will have a base price of 2500/day, down to as low as 1250.
Thanks for your explanation of how that works. In my mind, I assumed the price was arbitrary as it was indicated by the packs' creators since they seem to vary wildly irrespective of the stats, but I'm glad to hear that's not the case anymore.

I still don't quite understand how Popularity should affect the price since I assume Lewdness and Openness are the attributes that affect which performances they are likely to accept. I assume Popularity either affects how much they make from customers or how many they are likely to pull into the club.

This isn't a bug or anything. It's just the UI menus and tooltips aren't very intuitive to learning the game, imo. I'm sure I'll figure it out better as I play more, and the new guide is certainly helpful, but that's impression I get as a new player who previously played VC.

For example, IIRC, the hiring price was a fee that you could see clearly, but with the haggling price offers mechanic of TUSC, there's more interactive gameplay and has more lasting impact of wages, so that's cool; but the side-effect is the prices are more opaque and we have to grind relationship to get a hard to judge discounted amount, especially since prices are more important. Now that I know it's -50% at 100 relationship, that helps a lot, but imagine a new player who hired at high prices with unknown stats.

Anyway, I'm going to go edit the Popularity in these packs. Thanks for the help and patches.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Disgruntler's sig links, thanks.
That's me!

Bear in mind if I'm wrong about something, everglow can correct me.

Thanks for your explanation of how that works. In my mind, I assumed the price was arbitrary as it was indicated by the packs' creators since they seem to vary wildly irrespective of the stats, but I'm glad to hear that's not the case anymore.
Cost is always relative to popularity in TUSC.

I still don't quite understand how Popularity should affect the price since I assume Lewdness and Openness are the attributes that affect which performances they are likely to accept. I assume Popularity either affects how much they make from customers or how many they are likely to pull into the club.
Correct--Popularity is profits because of customer draw, though there's a limit to how well it works. I can confirm, however, with the new haggling, 'Just Bar 3' might not be the good strat any more, and mixing low cost and high cost girls slowly might actually be very lucrative a strategy as well.

EDIT: (The formula is 25* popularity unless popularity < 10, at which point it's flat 200)

Stage is a 'force multiplier' for money, so it's worth.

Lewdness is a trait that determines one of the three paths you can use to convince her to 'open up', along with Boldness and Obedience. Either she's in it for fun, money, or because she's submissive. The stat itself isn't what's important--it's which stat is the best to use of the three.

Openness is not a stat (or if it is it's not an open one) in v1.0 like it was in v0.x. Instead, training opens up a new tier of work she can do, and girls often start with tiers pre-opened, so a new girl doesn't need 'five trainings and a dildo' before she'll work the VIP, Spa, or Baths.

With the Bar, remember that your profits are over-reported in the game, because you still have to pay to replenish supplies. If your stage is lagging in terms of profits, your Bar can sometimes just be treading water. So be careful with the bar, because the number one rule:

never go broke.

As well, bar slots can take girls away from bouncing, VIP, and Stage, which can actually end your days early. You will want the bar eventually, but don't feel like you 'have to' to make money. I'm going to be testing alternative strats.

Mind you, I'm the madman who made the no-girl-speedrun under v0.4.

This isn't a bug or anything. It's just the UI menus and tooltips aren't very intuitive to learning the game, imo. I'm sure I'll figure it out better as I play more, and the new guide is certainly helpful, but that's impression I get as a new player who previously played VC.
Tutorialization is hard.

For example, IIRC, the hiring price was a fee that you could see clearly, but with the haggling price offers mechanic of TUSC, there's more interactive gameplay and has more lasting impact of wages, so that's cool; but the side-effect is the prices are more opaque and we have to grind relationship to get a hard to judge discounted amount, especially since prices are more important. Now that I know it's -50% at 100 relationship, that helps a lot, but imagine a new player who hired at high prices with unknown stats.
Apparently it's +0% at 30 relationship, according to everglow, if that helps. You get most of your cost-redux gains At 0-30, and then it's slower, but you can get relationship faster.

Anyway, I'm going to go edit the Popularity in these packs. Thanks for the help and patches.
For packs that don't have data.yml, the VC editor should do fine, given that popularity is less impactful in that game (and set stats are ignored in scramble mode)

That said, an editor *would* be valid...

Last edited:
Reactions: Logan1377

pipwarn

Jun 10, 2022
Gym, spa and gloryhole performances unlocks after the relevant standard performances gets unlocked. For example: in order to have foreplay in gym, all the standard foreplay performances have to be unlocked.

I've unlocked it but it's not showing up in the gym. Sorry if this caused confusion. It still says those performances are locked even though I've trained them 100%. Going to try with the new patch

Last edited:

pipwarn

Jun 10, 2022

FIGURED IT OUT! It's based on unlocking it AND having a good relationship stat too

Reactions: everglow

redle

Apr 12, 2017
You did not reply directly to any points in my long comment, but I wasn't really asking questions. Hopefully you do consider some of the points that were inside it. But to reply directly to a few of your comments.
- the fact it might be unpleasant to find girlpacks and put them together in order to play is tightened to the game design (same as for VC). I understand is not immediate as getting a RenPy VN a just click and go, but it would be freaking hard to change this model – and also, probably, pointless – and I would obey everyone to download several GBs of contents which maybe you don't even like. I said in few posts back I'm considering building a starter pack, but for sure it will never be part of the game, and it will require tons of time as it will require at least 15 girls and thus the videos will have to be super-short to make it of an appropriate size
I do wish there was a starter pack. I have no problem with it being a secondary download. I also have no problem at all with the girlpack download design. The primary problems I had in this regard was that I did not find the process of starting at the OP to running a functional game an obvious and straightforward task.

Consider adding a new download category below the game with actual downloadable files (if not a starter pack at least something that contains enough to run the game). Seeing additional links would make it more clear that additional downloads are required (before a potential player has started any download process at all) as well as suggesting what those downloads could/should be.

I did see a comment about 2 basic packs being part of your signature. That's fine, but maybe put one or both of those as links in the OP and not hidden inside a spoiler (personally I turned off all signatures years ago because they created massive bloat in viewing threads and made about 50% of all viewed content repeat and irrelevant data... note, I'm not complaining about your signature, I state this to explain that info in signatures will not reach your full audience).

- the fact the game won't prevent you to end up in bankruptcy is a design decision: it might be a good decision or a bad one, but I can't see any valid reason to avoid the player to go game over. TUSC is first of all a management game focused on money: if you don't take care of expenses, salaries and incomes, then probably is just not your game.
I'll reiterate my earlier comment. Consider implementing a required reserve of capital. Basically do not allow the player to make a purchase that would push their money too low (my suggestion would be a value equal to the combined salary of all current hires). I realize it is billed as a management game, but having built-in helper functions and blocking certain choices still exist. No reason this could not be one of them.

Alternately would be to remove the rather arbitrary choice to be able to pay employees before the day begins. Typically people get paid after they do a job rather than before. Bar opens, people work, collect til, pay employees. So long as my net profit on the day is not negative, starting with 0g at the start is perfectly valid (all employees still work and all get paid). The only problem is if my net profit for a day is negative and I do not have enough cash on reserve to make up the difference. Which would be the typical game-over moment.

- the fact the game provides a poor experience with less than 15/20 girlpacks: yes, of course it does. Again, is a management game, not a video player. Economics and dynamics simply can't be designed to be equally good with 2 girlpacks and 200. Wanna help on this? PM me to work on the girlpakcs starter pack, I'd love your contributions.
I'll repeat my comment about the need for filler. As stated, I eventually downloaded quite a bit of data to get the game up and running to give it a try. Once I eventually get playing and get late-game I found that no one ever used the bath nor spa. They did not work there, they could not use them during off hours. Both the get and receive massage buttons are always disabled. My presumption remains that this is because of whatever I downloaded did not provide specific videos for these locations (but this is just my guess). In my opinion these features should not be disabled for anyone. If a girl is missing options, some filler should be used so the game functionality is all still available.

I realize the above comment isn't an exact match to the comment of yours I'm addressing here. I mention it here though because if filler exists, 1. it can potentially be used to try the game with no packs installed at all, 2. it allows access to game parts that a specific pack has missing, 3. (and relevant to the above) it provides a means to generate generic-girls to play with only a few "uniques" and still build a fully staffed and functional business.

Honestly my thought is that #2 is the biggest draw here. #1 and 3 are likely mostly limited to those newly trying a game rather than the core players, but filler would have benefit to all.

- the fact game dynamics are not super-polished in 1.0.x, and thus there might be an unbalanced amount of contents/time to be spent in girls relations/trainings compared to managing the club is due to the fact 1.0 added an entire new gameplay to the existing one, and if you check my post for the release I warned everyone about it. I still think it makes sense to push it out to players even if not perfect rather than spending 6 months more on polishing and refining.
First time looking at the game, so regardless of changelogs or any other posts I don't really have any feel for what's a long established feature and what was newly added. Personally I fully understand that it is a work in progress. If I do comment specifically on lack of balance issues or lack of polish, it is not to badger or complain about your efforts. It is primarily to point out areas where future work might be well spent.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I did see a comment about 2 basic packs being part of your signature. That's fine, but maybe put one or both of those as links in the OP and not hidden inside a spoiler (personally I turned off all signatures years ago because they created massive bloat in viewing threads and made about 50% of all viewed content repeat and irrelevant data... note, I'm not complaining about your signature, I state this to explain that info in signatures will not reach your full audience).
Just to be clear--that's MY signature, not everglow's. I'm the dev for Venus' Club, he's the dev for TUSC.

Both use the same pool of girlpacks, however, so you can look at Venus' Club's girlpack thread here. New packs are constantly uploaded, and there is a TON of content. That said, Venus's Club has the links you need in its first post. I do not have the torrent made by Feyschek in there that has TUSC-enhanced girlpacks, but they've been absolutely fantastic about providing and there's a ton of content for you there. The TUSC-specific lists aren't as well organized as VC's, just because VC was around for a long time before everglow hammered out TUSC, but the community has responded and there's a lot of TUSC-enhanced content now.

I'll repeat my comment about the need for filler. As stated, I eventually downloaded quite a bit of data to get the game up and running to give it a try. Once I eventually get playing and get late-game I found that no one ever used the bath nor spa. They did not work there, they could not use them during off hours. Both the get and receive massage buttons are always disabled. My presumption remains that this is because of whatever I downloaded did not provide specific videos for these locations (but this is just my guess). In my opinion these features should not be disabled for anyone. If a girl is missing options, some filler should be used so the game functionality is all still available.
Hopefully the torrent from F will help alleviate this. In the past as well, I've just kitbashed girls with 'tusc-like' stuff in their VC kit into Tusc-compliant folders, which is easy enough to do.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
On a completely separate note (and I hate to post completely contrary to what is clearly an intentional design decision, but in this case I am going to anyway), I think the game would be better if the girls' data was less specific.

Presumably the game is to start from nothing and work to king of the world; hire noobs and train them to ultimate strippers; etc. The thing is, a bunch of the girls are not noobs. They come in pre-trained and pre-popular. That's my job to train you. And you are pre-trained and thus too expensive and thus I can only ever hire you late game. The end scenario it creates a game where I always hire "Noob1" first and spend lots of interactions with her. "Pro1" always gets ignored, hired late, and gets little interactions. But I like both girls and want to see both girls. That's why when they came as individual download packs I specifically downloaded both.

The concept of noobs and pre-trained both existing in the world is okay. But I do feel like this should not be hard-coded into each person. My personal preference would be for the girlpack to supply the images/videos but if there are going to be noobs and pros then the game randomly generates those stats and assigns them to the girls so a new game has me hiring a different set early.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Just to be clear--that's MY signature, not everglow's. I'm the dev for Venus' Club, he's the dev for TUSC.
I was just kind of skimming comments, so my bad on not catching who had what. Thanks for the clarification.

As for the tusc/venus club commentary, not sure if I'm reading between the lines correctly or not. Are you saying bath and spa are tusc-only additions? (which would then explain why girl packs would likely be missing those videos)

But as for kitbashing... yeah, my suggestion was basically that a player should not need to manually do the kitbashing (and especially not need to create 50 copies of each bashed video on my harddrive). I was suggesting that such videos exist once in a filler folder (stored however...). Basically the game would check a girl for needed files. If needed file not found then default/filler image/video is substituted.

*** edit addition
Such filler material could either be as simple as "bath.mp4" which would be used for anyone with no video for the bath or could be more complex like "blonde/bath.mp4", "brunette/bath.mp4", "blonde/blue-eyed/bath.mp4", etc
Basically it could expand to some sort of attempt at tag-matching or not.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes