Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
roslynd

Visually, your game is very nice. Your multi-protag approach is non-standard, but so far works okay. We'll see how it plays out as things develop.

On a technical coding level, your choice to use persistent variables throughout is unusual, and one consequence, intended or not, is that replay to see other routes isn't easily possible. What I mean is: if in one playthrough, you choose to make Marco be a gentleman, when you start a new save to try the non-gentleman route, the game remembers the gentleman decisions from the first playthrough in the form of the variable persistent.marcoAsGentleman. I'm guessing this was unintentional, but I could be wrong.

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
I've had several private conversations with Roslynd about the development of this game and in fact was the one that suggested that she release it here on F95zone for increased distribution. I had several initial fears that this was another artist driven game and vulnerable to burnout and story migration common to a lot of initial game developers.

As it turned out, I was happily surprised to be informed that she has a program managers' background and had already storyboarded the majority of the game. My other concern was whether she had enough additional resources to maintain steady development. To my knowledge, it's just her with some tech support from her significant other at this point.

Roslynd has a regular day job and this game is her spare time hobby/project/passion. In summation, I think that there's a real good chance that this game will get finished. Whether we see any further games from one of our few game developers of the female persuasion depends a lot upon getting positive support from forums like this one.

roslynd

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2021
Thanks everyone for all the input. I really do appreciate it - both the good and the critical. I'll do my best to respond to all of it.

First, I view all this as a story more so than a game. The story can be changed through decisions but I really do embrace the concept of a "Visual Novel" and which character makes these decisions will change throughout. Perhaps what I really need is a "no protagonist" tag since really the person experiencing the story isn't playing any character. They are like a 3rd party observer. Yes I know this is unusual :)

As for update frequency and amount: It takes me roughly 4 hours per image (setup + render) not counting writing time. First release had 58 images, this update had 68 images. I had assumed people would prefer more frequent updates rather than my sitting on it for 3 months and risking people thinking I wasn't doing anything while I build up enough content for an entire day at the villa. I can go either route... but My usual preference is to release more frequently so people can choose to see the latest if they want.

RE the persistent variables, it is intentional that choices early on will impact what is available later on. so setting a save point just before Marco makes a choice in the Photo Studio wouldn't be enough, one would need go all the way back to the first night to change who he is before different paths unlock. Same with Tia and her preferences. Is there a better way to do this? as others have said (thanks Macfinn99 I'm new to all this and stumbling through) It sounds like there may be some bugs in the logic there though - so I will review it.

Also as others have said... This is basically all... just me. My life partner is doing some testing but that's all. I'm learning as I go and have somewhat limited time. It'll get better once we're through a home renovation. I'm not in this for the money - it's entirely for fun. The story is one I had in my head for a while... I was planning to just write the story but after learning about RenPy I thought I'd give it a shot to make it visual.

Hopefully that explains a lot and I will look into and continuity issues stemming from my use of persistent variables but I need to understand if I can achieve the same intent through some other means.

RendMaster

Jan 15, 2020
I enjoyed the first play-through but I am curious about the long-term goal, especially since there is multiple protagonists that all have different variables to them.

Is this going to be mostly about corruption? Lots of various/popular/obscure fetishes from all of the clients? Is there maybe some drama (e.g. favoritism or one protagonist getting cold feet) that we aren't privy to yet that is going to drive the story? Is there even an end goal to this for you yet?

I only ask because you said you have had the story for a while in your head and while I will look forward to future updates regardless, I'm curious as to what it is we should be expecting with this.

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
First, I view all this as a story more so than a game. The story can be changed through decisions but I really do embrace the concept of a "Visual Novel" and which character makes these decisions will change throughout. Perhaps what I really need is a "no protagonist" tag since really the person experiencing the story isn't playing any character. They are like a 3rd party observer. Yes I know this is unusual :)
then use multiple protagonist, female protagonist and male protagonist tags same time.
if you are really interested in telling your story, do it. make kinetic novel and remove false choices that leads nowhere and give some continuity issues i wrote about

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
then use multiple protagonist, female protagonist and male protagonist tags same time.
if you are really interested in telling your story, do it. make kinetic novel and remove false choices that leads nowhere and give some continuity issues i wrote about
Maybe I missed something but what do you mean by false choices?
I think the choices presented so far made pretty good sense, and led to different outcomes, so far.

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
Maybe I missed something but what do you mean by false choices?
I think the choices presented so far made pretty good sense, and led to different outcomes, so far.
they are really not choices that makes game swing. you are just choosing which girl is going to be fucked first and will marco be gentleman or not. fine for fun but their are not changing game directions at all. dev told you moretheless same. he has story he wants to follow and it would be light choices that are giving you different perspectives from various protagonists but not affecting the basic game.

roslynd

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2021
Actually the choices certainly do change the outcomes and will continue to do so. Yes I said I had a story I wanted to tell, but I never said it only had one ending. The continuity issues are due to a bug I'm trying to find - if you pick Roslynd on night one - you shouldn't ever even see the option to choose her the next day. That is what I need to resolve. That said, I have had several other people tell me everything worked just fine for them, so I'm not sure exactly what the issue is.,

Several people asked for a flowchart/walkthrough so I created one. This might help highlight the different paths:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Rokohn and Yngling

roslynd

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2021
Is this going to be mostly about corruption? Lots of various/popular/obscure fetishes from all of the clients? Is there maybe some drama (e.g. favoritism or one protagonist getting cold feet) that we aren't privy to yet that is going to drive the story? Is there even an end goal to this for you yet?
I don't want to spoil the whole thing so I'll just say in a general sense it is an exploration of many different tastes, kinks, and fetishes yes. Characters are going to grow and expand over the journey for sure. Some drama... Oh certainly some is planned :) I wouldn't say that drives the story but certainly a part of it.

Reactions: RendMaster

RendMaster

Jan 15, 2020
I don't want to spoil the whole thing so I'll just say in a general sense it is an exploration of many different tastes, kinks, and fetishes yes. Characters are going to grow and expand over the journey for sure. Some drama... Oh certainly some is planned :) I wouldn't say that drives the story but certainly a part of it.
That's what I was looking for, I appreciate the response :)

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
I was happy for the bug about Marcos's choice... I got to see Rosalynd in action twice!!! I'm already hoping to see her being very "popular" with all the guests - she's so hot & perfect!

p.s. in case you missed it, I have a thing for buxom readheads just like Rosalynd!!

Reactions: belovedeggs

roslynd

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2021
I was happy for the bug about Marcos's choice... I got to see Rosalynd in action twice!!! I'm already hoping to see her being very "popular" with all the guests - she's so hot & perfect!

p.s. in case you missed it, I have a thing for buxom readheads just like Rosalynd!!
Speaking as Roslynd... that makes me tingle ;)

Bloodpool88

Apr 6, 2021
Played through v. 0.14 and found a glitch. Marco chose Roslynd on the first night and during the photo shoot saying he had fun with Lily the previous night.

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes