Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
Just curious, when you stop working on this one to work on another project, how is the work different? Not trying to be annoying, haven't played either of them, I'm just wondering. Work is work, isn't it?
When you work on a game for a long time and it doesn't bring you the results you want, you have to stop working on it. As an example I cited TV series which are closed after first - second season due to low ratings, also with my game, I can keep working on it for a few years earning 100-150 bucks a month, in the end stay on the street still working on the game :D

biggestboyo

Aug 4, 2020
Just curious, when you stop working on this one to work on another project, how is the work different? Not trying to be annoying, haven't played either of them, I'm just wondering. Work is work, isn't it?
Certain particular works/settings cater towards peoples fetishes, and to them its like a drug that they want more of and in return they become a patron/sub, 2 games that i know of that came out recently last year made 5-10k within the debut release, and maybe once it goes big, start milking a little along the way ;). I think the dev is hoping to gain more patrons by working on something new. Just my guess.

biggestboyo

Aug 4, 2020
When you work on a game for a long time and it doesn't bring you the results you want, you have to stop working on it. As an example I cited TV series which are closed after first - second season due to low ratings, also with my game, I can keep working on it for a few years earning 100-150 bucks a month, in the end stay on the street still working on the game :D
Can't blame you, best of luck on your next work! I think its a great idea as much as i hate seeing this vn go on hold. When you hit it big you can start working on this again on the side :D

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I see, thanks for the reply. I know some devs here want to finish a game, no matter how long it takes or how little it earns, because it's a hobby for them. Then there aspiring full-time devs who eventually want to make a living of game development. I assume you're in the second category, yes?
Then it's undestandable. 100 bucks is not enough to live on.
Is it realistic though that you will return to this game when it doesn't bring in enough cash? :unsure:

Last edited:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
It's been a good while since i last played. I think it was right when the last Route C content was released. Looks like there's been a lot going on since then on the other routes. I'm probably going to do Route B first and then play through Route A.

Apr 30, 2018
I hope you get around to finishing this game but understand why you're interested in pursuing something new. Good luck with the new project Zee.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
When this game came out, I was very keen on it. But as time went on with different paths and branches I wasn't really interested in, I just fell off the wagon.. TV series doesn't get canceled because they end up deliver 2 episodes a year to someone though. The content you made was great, just I fear people just lost interest along the way because of the slow delivery for their preferred content/path.

Just a suggestion, make it simple with your new game. Stick to just one path, one story.... make it a good one... Don't try to make everyone happy releasing a fetish bomb of tags, just make the story and content you want.

Good luck -)

Reactions: Hentai_Man

Drainbamager

Dec 22, 2020
I tried to get into this game a while back but I couldn’t it was too much going and it felt a bit too dry for my taste.

Keioshin

May 4, 2017
Shame that this game never took off on Patreon.

IMO it seems like games revolving around corruption are the popular games on Patreon and maybe that's what the dev's next game will focus on.

c3638282

Oct 8, 2019
Can you please update Gallery/WT mod for:
The Way [v0.35a] [Zee95]
When you have a chance? Thank you so much for the incredible job that you "mod gods" do.

3.70 star(s) 44 Votes