VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Web We Weave [v0.9] [Balladiasm]

2.50 star(s) 10 Votes

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
sooo i stopped playing this game a while back after i found out NTR was unavoidable. but i was curious to see how well this game is doing and checked dev's Patreon and it's at 12 patrons? so all in all even if Dev isn't doing to well i gotta admit RESPECT is deserved to do this many updates despites results. most dev's would've quit by now. i personally would wish for a route for non-NTR players but again that's just my opinion.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I tried to write a fair review but I guess somehow it wasn't good so I will simply be very objective and state that the game appears to give you the illusion of choice but in actuality more than once the choice is simply two sides of the same coin from a narrative perspective. The narrative overall is written with a very amateurish level of prose but the ideas and concepts are a good foundation, and I like the doctor model quite a bit.

zomb99

Jun 20, 2017
I think it is apparent that the gf is about to cheat at the end of this episode and I think it's time I hop off this train.

I understand the dark before light thing but once my gf cheats, her and the rest of the fam that facilitated it are dead to me! I may enjoy killing the Dr. and leaving town though... And if the MC becomes aware of what is going on, does this mean that he is going to reinstate the "christian values" meaning no sex for him until marriage? (assuming he still wants to marry the tainted gf?)

It's just a game dude. It's not your gf in the game, just a fictional character in a video game.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Again a really short update and no lewd content in it (just a extreme short masturbation "scene").

The choices seem to have still no impact on the story. At least I cant see anything different - just a minor change for a scene or not. And the story is all over the place ... I mean the idea in general is quite fun, but there is no structure or anything like that.

Balladiasm

Aug 16, 2017
Again a really short update and no lewd content in it (just a extreme short masturbation "scene").

The choices seem to have still no impact on the story. At least I cant see anything different - just a minor change for a scene or not. And the story is all over the place ... I mean the idea in general is quite fun, but there is no structure or anything like that.
Yep, i'd feel that myself currently, thus i want to begin to sort it up... i learn a lot from when i begin writing until now,from the consideration between whether to use many characters or story progression, tbh, sometime i felt kinda messed up, but other thing i learn is that there always a room of everything to fix every mess if there a will

Previously it will be a Nope,NTR will be inavoidable,but the plan changed after realization that if I continue to down the path, i will only feed my ego,and not grow as writer,after a whole discussion with my patrons,i decide to open up every possibility that NTR will be avoidable thanks to there no real NTR scene yet XP

anyway,you guys can head up to my patreon for this month plan,and i'd confess that the whole reason i not yet insert any 'real' sex scene yet is that it is actually hard for me (damn,never thought that writing a sex scene is a lot harder than just two people moaning)

Reactions: mpror and desmosome

Garg22

Oct 30, 2017
I gave this a decent rating at the beginning, so now I'll do another.

1) Illusion of choice is bullshit, but I can understand why it was a thing up to this point. The first big offer came way to soon for it to be believable. Personally I think it should just be text instead, and if the dev does a game in the future after this I hope they keep that in mind.

2) Not a fan of NTR, so I'm happy that it can be avoided after the dev listened to people. What can I say, I'm a greedy SOB and want all the ladies I can get.

3) REALLY NOT A FAN OF MSUB AND SISSY BOY. The scenes with the (step)mom and older sister are pure ugh so far. It looks like we are going to be offered THE CHOICE again in the next update so I'm going to try for one more update. If we can't take the choice again or do something to turn things in our favor then I will be out.

All and all, I think I'll stick with a 3 star review. This isn't the best game in the world, but it's not as bad as some of the others are making it out to be. I think this will be a good learning experience for the dev so if they do another game it will be better all around.

Xyzzy

Jan 24, 2018
First, I kind of like the premise of this story. I also like the visuals (except several of the women's tits are just too big). I would like to say that I like the story, but reading the dialog is just a painful experience. Please, Mr. developer, find yourself a native English speaking proofreader/editor. You really desperately need one.

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
It is over complicated for its own good. I wish the dev would use a proofreader as the Engrish is very annoying. I did not enjoy it sorry. The graphics were not great and too many bazookas for my liking with their clothes just painted on.
Why are so many uptight about NTR. I never will understand as it is just a story.

• Sad
Reactions: HansDampf788

MacDoobie

Mar 3, 2019
First, I kind of like the premise of this story. I also like the visuals (except several of the women's tits are just too big). I would like to say that I like the story, but reading the dialog is just a painful experience. Please, Mr. developer, find yourself a native English speaking proofreader/editor. You really desperately need one.
Hmmm...Holy Second Grade, Batman ... the engrish is strong in the description on the front page... o_O ....shutter to think what the game is like.

Will pass for now but check back to see if the engrish is improved before downloading and evaluating if I want to be a Patron.

2.50 star(s) 10 Votes